What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Loving the background sunset sky !
This time of the year the stars just ‘ hang ’ in the sky after sunset , beautiful velvety skies

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
The Giant dropper on the Trance is still working well, but the black coating is wearing off at a rapid rate. I figure it's only a matter of time before the post itself craps out and the dropper post is the only thing on the bike I don't have a spare off. Was going to pick up some German dropper post goodness next time I was over there, but who knows when that will be.

Long story short, ordered the last BikeYoke Devine 30.9/185mm that MTBDirect had in stock. Price seemed OK compared to the Euro RRP. I like the fact that it is all user serviceable and travel adjustable. Weight seems OK too.
Just keep it lubed under the collar and you should get plenty of life out of it still. I picked up one real cheap with the coating worn badly and I ran it for a fair while before handing it on and it's still going strong.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Just keep it lubed under the collar and you should get plenty of life out of it still. I picked up one real cheap with the coating worn badly and I ran it for a fair while before handing it on and it's still going strong.
That's good.to know as I'll be keeping it as a spare.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
What’s the QR code for? COVID check in to ride with the Little Sender?
Ha, no. And that's Vice Captain in the foreground. Little Sender's in the middle with Man Child leading the way.

The QR code was the brainchild of the woman who designed our Club jerseys. She was hell bent on having it, even though it only links to the club website which hardly ever gets updated.

Not to mention it needs strangers taking photos of your arse for it to work.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Ha, no. And that's Vice Captain in the foreground. Little Sender's in the middle with Man Child leading the way.

The QR code was the brainchild of the woman who designed our Club jerseys. She was hell bent on having it, even though it only links to the club website which hardly ever gets updated.

Not to mention it needs strangers taking photos of your arse for it to work.
Not sure that will stand up court. No your honour I was not photographing bottoms I was trying to scan the QR code.

The it seemed like a good idea at the time!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Riding around Smithfield and getting hung up on greasy exposed root systems, these Rekons aren't as good as the Minions for that kind of thing.

Also filling in the two missing outer pins with inside ones have transformed the pedals, I'm still tempted to try a slightly bigger platform but not in any rush now.

moorey

call me Mia
Riding around Smithfield and getting hung up on greasy exposed root systems, these Rekons aren't as good as the Minions for that kind of thing.

Also filling in the two missing outer pins with inside ones have transformed the pedals, I'm still tempted to try a slightly bigger platform but not in any rush now.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Coming in 1 below Ardents on the grip pecking order.

They are more of an XC tyre, placed between Ikon and Ardents IMO.
I wanted them for the rolling aspect, and when it's not greasy, I love them! That said I could be tempted to go with Dissectors on the next round.

Actually I have some VSnap Flow tyres which I can use for the wet season. It's going to get dry here very soon.

Last edited: