What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Lockdown again eh so took the chance to pull the Rocky apart after racing last week. Stripped down, flushed/repacked all frame bearings (couple were pretty nasty o_O), new shift and dropper cables, cleaned/reset brake pistons etc. nice way to spend a morning inside with the tennis on the background.

Now to find things to do for the next 4.5 days.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Suspension linkage service day seeing as no riding 'cause many rains.

Lower linkage super easy because I already had a spare linkage with bearings fitted from years ago. Good thing because those bearings were shot.

The upper bearings are shot too, getting the outer race out wasn't trivial. Enduro Max 7900 RS x 4, time to work out the easiest way to obtain. Likely DIYMTB.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Feeling ripped but pretty happy, ordered a cheap lever dropper for my Nukeproof HT.

$22au Ztto dropper lever from AliExpress VS $109 Wolftooth Light Action from Pushys

Both CNC'd, Both have the same bearing and offset adjustment. If it had came with wolftooth printed on it, I wouldn't know the difference apart from the different shaped lever.

Ordered on the 1st of Feb, arrived today :oops:

View attachment 372275

View attachment 372276

View attachment 372277

View attachment 372278
Ive been running that with a one up dropper for over a year, it’s a great lever.

The Orange is (eventually...) getting a few Ztto parts on it.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Built up the husband's new frame with mostly used parts and a couple of new bits.
Please pardon the crappy photography, my oven is too small for bike placement and the couch has sleeping children on it.
This is the first bike I've had to internally route cables (aside from dropper post cables) so I took my time and didn't swear too much. Dislike bleeding Magura brakes but that went as well as it could.
He'll have to go for a ride and tweak the setup a bit.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
Built up the husband's new frame with mostly used parts and a couple of new bits.
Please pardon the crappy photography, my oven is too small for bike placement and the couch has sleeping children on it.
This is the first bike I've had to internally route cables (aside from dropper post cables) so I took my time and didn't swear too much. Dislike bleeding Magura brakes but that went as well as it could.

I have a new frame I am going to build up I have internally routed cables before but this build kit came with all this tubing to put the cables through to stop rattles and I got no idea where it all goes - so just putting it off - currently using the excuse with no seat post I can’t put it in my work stand :)

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Bodged up a 10spd XT derailleur a mate gave me. He told me the clutch was busted, I opened it up and a single large bolt fell out :rolleyes: The bracket that held the clutch to the tightening bit was gone so had to make one. Now for the whole world to see, the ugliest derailleur fix ever made.

Works a treat.

Last edited:

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas

Is it sad that I paid more attention to the bike stand than the bike?

It's a lovely bike btw, hardtails ftw!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Is it sad that I paid more attention to the bike stand than the bike?

It's a lovely bike btw, hardtails ftw!
$80 at Bunnings
I also have a work stand that my father in law made for me years ago but it needs a bit of a clean and paint.

He's super happy with this bike, as he should be!