Uday's Ferrari

LordNikon

Uber Geek
That engine, the brake rotors and most of the panels are salvagable... just.

*runs off to Iraq to find free Ferrari parts*

:cool:

scblack

Leucocholic
floody said:
Just for the record, Ferrari is actually a Baseball cap and Poster manufacturing company (I believe they also dabble in mugs, G-strings and so on) who turn out a few promotional vehicles to help sell their main product lines.
Floody - you hit it right on the nose!!! Dead right.

Ferrari production is self limited to about four thousand cars per year, and lets say they're worth about US$150,000, so thats total sales value of US$600m. Thats 3/4 of fuck-all for a manufacturer.

Michael Schumacher in about 2000, had a royalty deal on the caps, due to a German finance company sponsorship, and he alone, earned in the region of US$50m in that one year. Just for his royalty deal. Then imagine the total sales of caps, then add shirts, flags, mugs, towels and all the other products they sell Ferrari branded.

Ferrari is a VERY large business, they just sell a few cars as well.

scblack

Leucocholic
RCOH said:
Just get a Skyline, they look similar enough.
I'd imagine there are less 20 year olds killing themselves in Ferrari's.

I don't know how it could be enforced, but young people really shouldn't be driving such powerful cars, as they do kill themselves too often. And I have personal experience on this.

RCOH

Eats Squid
scblack said:

I don't know how it could be enforced, but young people really shouldn't be driving such powerful cars, as they do kill themselves too often. And I have personal experience on this.
Not just in powerful cars...My brother rolled his Kombi yesterday, & now he has nowhere to live.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
scblack said:

How about instead of restricting young drivers you restrict everyone. Give me one good reason why anybody should own a car that can go faster the 110km/h? And while we are at it everybody should have their drivers liscense retested every 5 years, i am absolutly amazed at the amount of bad OLDER drivers out there, people over 30 who just shouldn't be allowed on the road.

S.

ex offender
Cave Dweller said:
How about instead of restricting young drivers you restrict everyone. Give me one good reason why anybody should own a car that can go faster the 110km/h? And while we are at it everybody should have their drivers liscense retested every 5 years, i am absolutly amazed at the amount of bad OLDER drivers out there, people over 30 who just shouldn't be allowed on the road.
Why should anyone own a car that can go faster than 110? Because it's completely unsafe to overtake with a car that CAN'T exceed the speed limit. If someone is sitting on 107 and you want to overtake because you're sitting behind him/her, it will take you a LONG time on the wrong side of the road to get past. That's just dangerous. There's also the possibility that people drive the car on private land (racetracks or farms or whatever). Not to mention the fact that NT has NO speed limit in non-built-up areas, so why should the car be limited? Other than that, how about "fuck off and leave people alone". The whole "restrict everyone because it suits me" mentality is fucked up, stereotypical left-wing stupidity. I thought you were above that.

As far as licence retesting, sounds good in theory, but I don't think it'd do much since a lot of bad driving is caused by laziness and lack of vehicle control, neither of which are tested in driving tests (down here at least). The only thing people get done for on tests is technicalities - who's gonna run a red light on their test?

Education is the key, not restriction. People will always break laws, but they're much less likely to deliberately do something that they actually BELIEVE is actually wrong.

S.

ex offender
nitwit said:
Yeah, fuck the rich and their extravaggant possesions
Everyone says that, yet at the same time wants to be rich themselves. I bet you've daydreamed some time "gee, if I won tattslotto (or whatever get-rich dream), I'd buy _____". If somebody offered you a job/career that paid twice, maybe five times what you earn now, like you'd knock it back.

IMO everyone who pays out the rich is simply jealous. It's easy to say "you have ____ so fuck you", it's much harder to admit "shit, he must have worked hard/been a smart guy/been very fortunate to get that kind of stuff" (not that Saddam qualifies here, I'm talking about your average rich bloke over here).

DOM

Eats Squid
S. said:
Everyone says that, yet at the same time wants to be rich themselves. I bet you've daydreamed some time "gee, if I won tattslotto (or whatever get-rich dream), I'd buy _____". If somebody offered you a job/career that paid twice, maybe five times what you earn now, like you'd knock it back.

IMO everyone who pays out the rich is simply jealous. It's easy to say "you have ____ so fuck you", it's much harder to admit "shit, he must have worked hard/been a smart guy/been very fortunate to get that kind of stuff" (not that Saddam qualifies here, I'm talking about your average rich bloke over here).
Couldnt agree more .. seems to be a Juvenille type syndrome ..

However ....

I dont mind the rich .. as Steve said .. they either are Lucky/Work hard etc .. however their is such a thing as being Humble .. being greatful for what you have and considering yourself as any other human.

Those Rich people who beleive they should have different rights to things shit me, ex .. Rich people who dont want Average people at Resturants or Rich people gaining VIP access to things. I realise clubs/events give Rich people these rights because it looks good on their behalf having these richy people ginning around .. but It all comes down to being humble again.

I example I can think of at the top of my head.

Matt Damon - RICH ... top bloke .. if you have seen him interviewed hes just your average lad.

The Creators of Google. RICH RICH RICH. - They drive average cars .. and enjoy the simple things they are quite humble.

Some Rich people are down right snobby f**k-tards.

... sorry I went off topic ;)

Who cares about the Car ... If the US soldiers stripped it and sold parts .. then good on them .. they were sent over there in the first place. If someone asked me if I wanted to go to war torn Iraq .. and said there was a possibility of stripping Sports cars for extra cash .... I would tell them to fark off !!

Yes they shouldnt be doing it .. and yes it the proceeds could of gone to a better cause .. but thats life.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Cave Dweller said:
i am absolutly amazed at the amount of bad OLDER drivers out there, people over 30 who just shouldn't be allowed on the road.
So how about adressing the real issue, the drivers; instead of attacking the easy target, the machinery.

S.

ex offender
wombat said:
So how about adressing the real issue, the drivers; instead of attacking the easy target, the machinery.
Oh god, that said it perfectly. New sig quote!

scblack

Leucocholic
wombat said:
Yes, I agree with Socket here, you're right on the mark Wombat!

I think that about 15 years ago, they did impose regular testing on those aged 80 and over, but so many failed, that they stopped it! How screwed up is that? Presently it's up to a GP to make that decision, and they must be pretty lax.

manny24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wombat said:
no, the issue is Uday's ferrari!!! i think were all off topic... :p

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Socket, those reasons are very pathetic. If your travelling behind someone at 107 and its a 110 zone then why do you need to overtake? And 0.00001% of people race on private land and the NT has almost no population. As for driving tests they are nazis up here in Sydney, not checking blind spots in a P test can have you failed. And please don't get up on your high horse about me being above airing my opinions, you spew ring wing stuff on here all the time. Not that it bothers me, i find it quite funny actually :D

Wombat, i agree.

The main point i was trying to make was i am so sick of all these old fuddy duddys picking on young drivers and young people in general, they should go back to caring about their shares and house prices and leave us the fuck alone. If your going to bring in a power restriction law for P platers then it should apply to everyone, there are HEAPS of bad drivers out there over 22 years old that are the WORST drivers i have ever seen, i almost get hit by one of them everyday. I really don't care if cars are restricted or not, if someone wants to wrap themselves around a pole at 200km/hr who am i to stop them.

Cheers

-Matt

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
toodles said:
PS - now a McLaren would have been a tragedy....
Torana A9X or original EK/FB Holden would've bought tears to my eyes! More so for their artistic/asthetic value than their prestige or capabilities.

Although, they are only cars.......not bikes ;)

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
scblack said:
I think that about 15 years ago, they did impose regular testing on those aged 80 and over, but so many failed, that they stopped it! How screwed up is that? Presently it's up to a GP to make that decision, and they must be pretty lax.
Thats the problem with driving. You get tested at 18 when you get your P's and the next test is when you turn 80, thats 60 years of accumulated bad driving habits, no wonder they failed.

I personally reckon people should have a drivers test every 10 years, if you fail then you have 6 months to repeat the test, if you fail again it gets taken away and you go back onto your P's. If the RTA was serious about cutting the road toll they would do something like this rather then picking on young drivers. If a 40 year old wraps themselves around a pole in his skyline it's nothing, if it's an 18 year old then it's front page news. Pathetic.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
By the way, calling some one right or left wing is completely out dated. Right wing economically means something different to right wing socially. Same goes for the word "conservative".

wombat

Lives in a hole
Cave Dweller said:
As for driving tests they are nazis up here in Sydney, not checking blind spots in a P test can have you failed.
Heh, that's the whole issue, the tests are completely rediculous! "Oh no, you can't do a reverse parallel park! You're not getting your license! We don't care whether or not you can handle a car at speed, or have even the vaguest idea what to do for an emergency stop, as long as you can do your parking manevure, and a 3 point turn you're all sweet."

As for being strict, well I don't know about that, when I did mine my tester picked a wide street for my 3 point turn, so I did a u-turn instead. Oh, missing a blind spot check isn't an instant fail either.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
wombat said:
Heh, that's the whole issue, the tests are completely rediculous! "Oh no, you can't do a reverse parallel park! You're not getting your license! We don't care whether or not you can handle a car at speed, or have even the vaguest idea what to do for an emergency stop, as long as you can do your parking manevure, and a 3 point turn you're all sweet."

As for being strict, well I don't know about that, when I did mine my tester picked a wide street for my 3 point turn, so I did a u-turn instead. Oh, missing a blind spot check isn't an instant fail either.
Well, i am 24 and am going for my P's at the moment ( i know, i know, im a lazy basterd). Racked up 60 hours of driving and went for my first "proper" driving lesson the other day ($61, what a rip off!). I would have failed becasue i repeatedly didn't check my right hand blind spot when reversing and left blind spot when turning left. I mean, did you know that when you are going straight through a round about you need to indicate left, even when going straight ahead? I didn't. I bet no one over the age of 20 knows that. I can't believe the amount of hops they make you jump through to get your liscense, rediculus. I would like to see a 40 year old driver try and get his/her P's under the current nazis regime, good luck :D