Uday's Ferrari

Dim

Spirit Distributions
OMG thats terrible...such a nice car down the drain...man that really sucks..i would of looked after it for him

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well Sadam and his sons had a collection of exotic cars (Like 40 of them) including Ferrari's & Lambos. . .i hope they didn't all end up like this !!!

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nitwit said:
Yeah, fuck the rich and their extravaggant possesions

Money aside, just because you don't own it - would you go and destroy such a rare and awesome car? Think of the effort put into building something like that.

You just don't go stripping and burning Ferraris.

lotec

Banned
and what kind of a dickhead steals a ferrari just to strip and burn it anyway, excuse me... hello new car :D

nitwit

Likes Dirt
matty_2004 said:
Money aside, just because you don't own it - would you go and destroy such a rare and awesome car? Think of the effort put into building something like that.

You just don't go stripping and burning Ferraris.
No i wouldnt destroy it, i'd just steal it and thrash the shit out of it. If i was able to steal it that is. I like Ferraris, but there is now way i would spend that much money on a car.

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Alot of people wouldn't pay that much for a car (even though i would), but remember, these wankers got the car for nothing - and still wrecked it.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Can't see ol' Mustafa getting to far driving a car like that, in a city full of people with big guns.

floody

Wheel size expert
I've seen this on a number of forums now...

Its nothing compared to the amount of cars belonging to Odai which Saddam had torched a few years back as a punishment for skimming money....

It does shit me a little though. Firstly, I've no doubt if they had shipped it on a transport plane to a nearby safe base (maybe Europe), there would be a prestige Auction house just itching to get their hands on this, and a charity auction could have pulled big $$ which could have gone back into Iraq for good work...Collectors love shit with this sort of infamous provenance.
Secondly, this wasn't a backlash by Iraqis or anything, it was stripped by AMERICAN SOLDIERS. As if they should be pissing about doing things like this, and also, I would bet anything valuable and easily transported (bolt on engine parts, brake calipers, hanging panels, interior parts, wheels,exterior trim) would most likely not be destroyed and probably will be in the hands of American Ferrari parts wholesalers/dismantlers by now...

For the car whores like me, there is an F40 and a 90's Porsche 911 in the same complex apparently, but they were at the time of those photos untouched, just dirty. Americans also ran a TANK through a parking garage full of prestige cars, and the bomb which hit Odai's palace took out the garage there which was also full of prestige vehicles..

olsson

Likes Dirt
Mmm its a Ferrari, so what?
A car is a car, yeah I am a HUGE car fan. But still, I dont think Ferrari care that there car is gone, They got there money so I dont think their complaining. Yes I know we'd all like one, but whats the point of owning on in Australia, you'd only be able to get the stupid thing into second and then all you'll be doing is idoling still.

Its just a Ferrari might I add..

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
olsson said:
Mmm its a Ferrari, so what?
A car is a car, yeah I am a HUGE car fan. But still, I dont think Ferrari care that there car is gone, They got there money so I dont think their complaining. Yes I know we'd all like one, but whats the point of owning on in Australia, you'd only be able to get the stupid thing into second and then all you'll be doing is idoling still.

What do you drive?

floody

Wheel size expert
Just for the record, Ferrari is actually a Baseball cap and Poster manufacturing company (I believe they also dabble in mugs, G-strings and so on) who turn out a few promotional vehicles to help sell their main product lines.

manny24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
floody said:
Just for the record, Ferrari is actually a Baseball capand Poster manufacturing company (I believe they also dabble in mugs,G-strings and so on) who turn out a few promotional vehicles to helpsell their main product lines.
ha, lol!! i hear its actually a company out of china, mass producingall this shit in sweat shops, these promo hand built cars are just madeby contractors in italy :D

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Matty,
You do realise that people got paid to make this car, all the effort that was put in, went straight through as money to a bank account. The workers at Ferrari dont run as a charity or anything, so its not dead work.

BTW, Ferrari's are WAY to mass produced. Ive seen over 5 different 550's in Melbourne alone. Sif you would bother joining the posse!

:D

toodles

Wheel size expert
olsson said:
You've got to check out level of manufacturing on one of those things to appreciate it. They make top of the line "sports" cars from the bigger players seem like matchbox toys. Like comparing a Foes Mono to a Norco Team Dh - both very capable but the level of detail and craftsmanship doesn't even come close.

PS - now a McLaren would have been a tragedy....