Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I agree with all of this but Trump has a pretty amazing ability to create a different reality. Will be interesting to see how he tries to spin this to his advantage.
He can't. He's been trying to deny the virus's existence since forever. Literally the last thing his campaign needs is this exposure. If it incapacitates him in any way his whole narrative is damaged.

stirk

Burner
OMG, he got tested, he has added to the number of cases!!! If there was less testing.......

I hope Trump injects some chlorine, chokes on
hydroxychloroquine tablets requiring some heimlich manoeuvre and becomes the 1% of the 3.4% who cark it.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Also for the record Americans aren't all fucking stupid morons. Yes there's a healthy volume of deadshits providing Jerry Springer fodder since forever but they are not the majority. That's why the Republicans have been going batshit since Obama was elected and stirring up this hyperpartisan bulshit. That's not out of strength, it's out of fear. They know the way the demographics are changing, it's obvious looking at data across any number of states that were their previous strongholds that that's the case. This is the death knell of a bunch of white evangelical myopic fuckwits who irrationally fear that an expanding Black / Hispanic / liberal / whatever population is going to destroy their way of life. But they are outnumbered.

The irony is the Republican Party could've chosen to moderate and breach the divide (which multiple analysis they commissioned told them to) after Romney lost in 2012. But instead they got enthralled in the Trump cult.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
He can't. He's been trying to deny the virus's existence since forever. Literally the last thing his campaign needs is this exposure. If it incapacitates him in any way his whole narrative is damaged.
  1. I feel fine, this virus is a hoax
  2. Wow, I went to hell & back, how strong am I, I'm superhuman, vote for me
  3. Biden got an unfair advantage while I was in quarantine, what a horrible person
  4. I wore a mask (once or twice) and still got COVID19
  5. <insert further narratives here>
No matter what, he will claim victory.

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
No matter what, he will claim victory.
FFS I'm seriously sleep deprived and have had enough caffeine to kill an elephant. I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON.

Right where were we? Oh yes, in the same way he claimed a resounding victory over that clusterfuck of a debate that even his own supplicants on Fox Friends couldn't defend and many of his own supporters bemoaned his lack of condemnation of white supremacy and his infantile presentation? He can claim victory all he likes, as he's always done. The problem is, the evidence is increasingly insurmountable to prove he isn't - and the absolute last thing he wants is a renewed focus on the pandemic. Even the evangelicals view his performance on that issue very poorly.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think he was heading towards a mammoth beating as things where. A new chess piece on the table isn’t what was needed. Hopefully he’ll have no symptoms and get a clear test result in a weeks time and he can loose by a landslide and have no where to hide.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
He might use it as an excuse to stand down and that way save face for what’s is looking more likely like a loss in 30 days time.
I've often thought that if things were looking terminal he'd pull out at the eleventh hour to save face (as you say). Anything to avoid being forever condemned as a loser. His pathetically fragile ego could never, ever handle that.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've often thought that if things were looking terminal he'd pull out at the eleventh hour to save face (as you say). Anything to avoid being forever condemned as a loser. His pathetically fragile ego could never, ever handle that.
Pulling out doesn't save face though. What looks better a DNF or 2nd place?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
The irony is the Republican Party could've chosen to moderate and breach the divide (which multiple analysis they commissioned told them to) after Romney lost in 2012. But instead they got enthralled in the Trump cult.
In fairness both sides could have done that but instead they seem to veer further apart as if they fear being similar more than anything else. The same is true of a lot of democracies. It's almost like they don't want to take the middle ground even though it is blatantly obvious you'll win votes.

PJO

in me vL comy
Torn between posting this here or the little things you love thread.
I love this photo: the facial expression is perfect, he's on the cuckoo express, even the head size is about right.
Choo choo!!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
In fairness both sides could have done that but instead they seem to veer further apart as if they fear being similar more than anything else. The same is true of a lot of democracies. It's almost like they don't want to take the middle ground even though it is blatantly obvious you'll win votes.
Some perceive the middle as a cowardly place to be, it shows little commitment in a belief of how to Govern. A flip floppers playground.