Transformers ...the movie

hardinge915

Likes Bikes and Dirt
NO THEY DON'T. OPTIMUS PRIME IS RED AND DOES NOT HAVE FLAMES AND MEGATRON IS A FUCKING GUN - NOT A PLANE :mad::mad::mad:!!!

I reckon I'll go to see it though, I've got reservations as it's Michael Bay in charge but f*** it, it's not exactly shakespeare we're dealing with. At least it'll be spectacular. Be a good one to see after a few "jazz" biscuits...
The plane in the trailers is Starscream isnt it? Not Megatron.. also Megatron took shape of a tank in a few episodes of the series aswell as a handheld gun...
Oh....in that case I hope it is more like Bad Boys 1 - number 2 was CRAP.:eek:
WHHHAAAAAATTTTT!!

Sic

Likes Dirt
Yeah the plane in the trailer is Starscream but Megatron in the film is some kinda jet thing as well. Yeah he was a tank in one incarnation but that just a gun on wheels really.....Ive accepted the fact that they have changed the robots into something else its just the Michael Bay factor that worries me, he makes terrible terrible films.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Megatron's definitely a jet in this one, also Bumblebee's now a chevy camaro.

Optimus Prime's got the same guy doing his voice from the old cartoon series.

Suprez

Likes Dirt
Keep in mind that the transformers take on a new form when they are on earth, so really they can be whatever the hell the producer wants. The fact the megatron isnt a gun is probably a good thing considering a human could hold him in gun form then when he transforms hes an 8m tall robot :rolleyes:

I cant wait for it. Should be good.

RCOH, that theme song you posted isnt the original generation 1 theme song, I believe that one come into affect after the original movie :p

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The good guys (Decepticons that is ;))
Megatron - he looks like a really hotted up plane with some cool weaponry.
Barricade - He is the bot acting as a Police car, a Mustang in fact!
Starscream - an F22 Raptor jet. He is the coolest bot ever.
Blackout - he is a military helicopter that uses his blades to slice and dice.

The bad guys (Autobots........the day will come when the Decepticons will conquer them......:D)
Optimus Prime - He is a bonnetted Peterbilt truck. I would like Prime if he was a Kenworth.........enough said!
Bumble Bee - This time around he is a Camaro car. The old softy of the bunch......
Jazz - a Pontiac car with a cool colour!
Ironhide - the hardass is a GMC ute.

Their you go, Dozer's synopsis.;)

Dicky

Punter God
RCOH, that theme song you posted isnt the original generation 1 theme song, I believe that one come into affect after the original movie :p
The White Lion version?

Yeah, but it kicks the original's tail across the galaxy. :p

I lost my VHS copy years ago. :(
Lucky it's available on DVD.

This Bay character had better do a bloody good job.

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
What was the name of Megatron's sidekick, the one who could change into a ghettoblaster - he also came with a mini-decepticon that could change from a tape into a weird bird like thing? Was it soundwave? What was the tape called? Why on earth aren't they including such genius in the movie? :p

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The good guys (Decepticons that is ;))
Megatron - he looks like a really hotted up plane with some cool weaponry.
Barricade - He is the bot acting as a Police car, a Mustang in fact!
Starscream - an F22 Raptor jet. He is the coolest bot ever.
Blackout - he is a military helicopter that uses his blades to slice and dice.

The bad guys (Autobots........the day will come when the Decepticons will conquer them......:D)
Optimus Prime - He is a bonnetted Peterbilt truck. I would like Prime if he was a Kenworth.........enough said!
Bumble Bee - This time around he is a Camaro car. The old softy of the bunch......
Jazz - a Pontiac car with a cool colour!
Ironhide - the hardass is a GMC ute.

Their you go, Dozer's synopsis.;)

Aren't the Autobots the good guys and the decepticons the bad guys :confused:

GrubNut

Likes Dirt
What was the name of Megatron's sidekick, the one who could change into a ghettoblaster - he also came with a mini-decepticon that could change from a tape into a weird bird like thing? Was it soundwave? What was the tape called? Why on earth aren't they including such genius in the movie? :p
Racking my brain on the little cassette tape one... was it laserbeak?

I wonder if it have the one that was a Datsun 280zx - the ultimate big-moustached-coke-dealer-car. By the way there's a great youtube of steve jobs (or is it wozniak) in a 280zx.

Dicky

Punter God
Soundwave, yep.

He carried 4 cassette tape transformers (early disc stacker?), at least in the movie - the bird was Laserbeak. There was an even weirder looking one called RatBat. The other two were humanoid robots, with arms that turned into piledrivers.

On a side note, I'm sure Blaster (the Autobot ghettoblaster) was voiced by a black dude, and then there was RC, the pink female Autobot.

Token black guy + token female. :rolleyes:

GrubNut

Likes Dirt
Soundwave, yep.

He carried 4 cassette tape transformers (early disc stacker?), at least in the movie - the bird was Laserbeak. There was an even weirder looking one called RatBat. The other two were humanoid robots, with arms that turned into piledrivers.

On a side note, I'm sure Blaster (the Autobot ghettoblaster) was voiced by a black dude, and then there was RC, the pink female Autobot.

Token black guy + token female. :rolleyes:
Either you just googled all that, or you're autistic. ;)

hardinge915

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Either you just googled all that, or you're autistic. ;)
Hahaha. Its surprising how much you really remember when you think about it. I remember watching these when i was 5-6 and hiring the videos out from the video shop. Loved it and wished they continued with it instead of changing everything and ruining the series.

Brett

Likes Dirt
Most of the vehicles are GM so i hope it doesn't turn into an ad for them. The vehicles are different as they wanted the size of the transformed characters to be imposing and as they were sticking to realism. There just wasn't enough mass in a VW beetle or whatever the hell kind of truck optimus was for them to be big enough transformed.

The CG is amazing, just look at the weight transferring onto the feet when one of them climbs out of the swimming pool in the trailer ... awesome !

wombat

Lives in a hole
Soundwave, yep.

I had soundwave and laserbeak! Had to be one of my favourite of the lot, although I have a feeling that Laserbeak got lost somewhere along the line.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
Soundwave, yep.

He carried 4 cassette tape transformers (early disc stacker?),
ive got him.. he was always my favourite transformer, as well as optimus prime.. cause the toy when you pulled it apart had a gun and stuff in his tralier..

damn i love those toys.. might get them out now. ive got this massive one.. no shit its about 1 metre high, then folds up into a big base station!!!!

the movie (from trailers) is not anything how i rembered the cartoon series.