Tightarse people - share your stories here

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Me and the Missus sometimes go for a "double feature" at megaplex type cinemas.
Buy 1st ticket then when we come out wander in to a cinema with people going in and hope it's good.
We sometimes try and figure what will be showing based on start times. Seen some good movies that we would not have chosen to pay for...
Once we wandered in 5 mins to start time to a packed cinema- only 2 seats left were the disable access so we sat down sh!tting ourselves that someone else would come in. Pity no one did as we wasted 1.5 hours watching New Years day.....

SprocketFury

Likes Bikes
I used to be a beer & alchohol dispensary technician at a "boutique brewery" (I won't name it but I wouldn't ever buy the beer either, not after all the crap I saw and experienced) and every six months the alcohol tax rises, or something like that. The beer was this set price for tourists but the locals got an entire $1 discount - there was a special button on the register for it. When the Big Dog finally raised the prices to reflect the tax he had to pay it was a tiny increase like 50 cents. Could have been a dollar, I don't care enough to remember.
Anyway, the locals threw MASSIVE fits about the increase. It was disgusting, unjust, a rip-off, how could the Big Dog do this to his loyal customers, etc. It didn't stop them from coming back.

There was also this one special guy who would get a glass of red wine filled to the brim for $4.50.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My old man has been driving round the local area of an early morning 'borrowing' mulch from the local golf club for his garden..

call_me_bruce

Likes Dirt
When I was a kid, once a week we'd get chocolate for a treat. My Dad would cut a square of chocolate into four and we'd get a a quarter of a square each.

and for a bit of shameless cross-promotion for all you who like a bargain, in the brakes section of the for sale area, I'm giving away new, unopened packs of disc brake pads. for free!

Last edited:

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a girl come into the bike shop in Whis yesterday, bought a inner cable, $2, and wanted to know how she could get a discount....

Knut

Troll hunter
That is so typical. Had a girl, possibly the same one, wanted a bike box. No manners, just give me a box to pack my bike for some mega important triathlon iron man ego fest in the states BS. So asked her to buy anything in the shop and she could have the box for free. I suggested a gel, pair of socks, a biddon etc. She stormed out saying she was going to go to shop x. I rang my mate who works there. He told her they were $45.

She came back to me and demanded that she gets a bike box. Ok, I caved. She ring me and told me she was having all sorts of problems getting her bike in the box.

I wonder how long it took her to realize it was a frame box.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a girl come into the bike shop in Whis yesterday, bought a inner cable, $2, and wanted to know how she could get a discount....
Sounds like a missed opportunity..."You want a discount hey? Come out the back and lets see if we can sort something out!' Hahaha! :p

CHEWY

Eats Squid
I sold a couple of quite valuable motorbike parts on eBay a few days ago for a measly amount. The bloke tells me he is coming down from Melbourne on the train to pick them up because he doesn't have a car. The parts are at my parents house 20km out of town, so I tell him I will go out there to pick them up and meet him at the train station at 8am, to save him a $50 taxi ride. I'm not expecting much but when I get there he gives me the $7.65 or whatever it was in exact change.