Tightarse people - share your stories here

MasterOfReality

After forever
After a recent bbq where I invited my cousin and his family (eats like farkin horses when its at someone elses place, but avoids bbq's at their place at all costs), I decided to make this thread.

Some of the ones I have known or seen:

Miners stealing toilet rolls. Seriously, on $120k a year? And they were even the horrible, 1 ply waxy garbage you wouldn't even piss on.

A guy I know, when he used to hang around mates at the local bakery/cafe, used to bring his own bread rolls. He is a mine manager ($250k+) and has a Porsche 911 in the garage :p

A mate insisted on buying $15 leather belts from Lowes, and then having a whinge about them only lasting a few months. Explaining to him that investing in a decent belt is cheaper in the long term fell on deaf ears. Actually went to Lowes with him once as I was hanging around the city on a day off, and there was a guy that asked for $1 when the girl behind the counter asked if he wanted any cash out. He cracked the shits at me when I commented that I heard the pokies will be paying out before lunch.

At a mining camp, in the shared shower/toilet block, one bloke asked another for 50c because the other guy used some of his toothpaste. The bloke just laughed, grabbed the tube and loaded his brush up to the max.

Its ok to subsitute 'a mate' for 'I' or 'me' :)

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I made my own homemade BB spacers cause I didn't want to fork out for some new cranks.

I always lift up the petrol hose pipe to get every last drop.

I use E10, because its cheaper. :rolleyes:

I won't forget an "IOU." ever.

I'm not ashamed to use entertainment vouchers on my meals out and about.

I built a 500 dollar downhill bike.

International transaction fees make me cry.

I'll always be the one in the maxi taxi saying "Look, I'll buy you a drink once we get there."

Its a $10 minimum to get into my shuttle ute.

I run slick minions on my bike.... tyres are expensive.

Jeans are unnecessarily over priced, if I wanted to look like I was attacked by a tiger I would go to Dreamworld (wait thats much more overpriced).

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When my brother sold his house 15 years ago for close to a mil he took the light globes with him "because I paid for those, why give them away?"

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
I once lived with a guy who used to crap in the shower and push it down the drain with his toes to save money on toilet paper.

I only found this out after living with the guy for a year.

I moved out.

dj3

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I once lived with a guy who used to crap in the shower and push it down the drain with his toes to save money on toilet paper.

I moved out.
i hope your joking.

mates who bring $1.50 to buy lunch out on a ride, then realise they dont have enough and seeing as your their mate you foot the bill.

Love a chance to bitch. My boss is so cheap when I first started working at the business the reception bin was full so I took it out to the skip round back. I came back and asked where the garbage bags were kept. He looked at me and said to go grab the garbage bag from the skip and empty it, we reuse them.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Love a chance to bitch. My boss is so cheap when I first started working at the business the reception bin was full so I took it out to the skip round back. I came back and asked where the garbage bags were kept. He looked at me and said to go grab the garbage bag from the skip and empty it, we reuse them.
Hahaha that’s gold my old workplace used to do that too…one Saturday I went into work and all I could smell was beer, I didn’t think I had such a heavy night I still reeked of it but I looked in the bin and there was about half a litre of beer in there, obviously the cleaners had tipped the empties out from the Friday night drinks and left the beer dregs in there…I almost spewed it smelt that gross!

The only real tightarse story I've got is an acquaintance who used to come up to the pub for drinks in a big group people…bloke used to tactically sit where he would be last in the round…when it came to his round he used to do the ‘houdini’!

rone

Eats Squid

I moved out.

That is by far the worst thing I have ever read.

A friends mum buys gift vouchers to spend on herself, so she can reuse the cards they came in for other peoples birthdays.

Last edited:

MasterOfReality

After forever
Thats awesome, but not in a good way.

When I was living in a share house when I first moved to Brisbane, there was a Chinese uni student in one of the other rooms. Once she cooked heaps of chicken legs in some sort of foul smelling soy based sauce, and each night she had a chicken leg with some rice and some of the stinky sauce.

She got down to the last chicken leg, and kept re-heating the sauce to have with the rice. She must have re-heated this thing for like 3 weeks before finally eating that last drumstick.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
-I turn the powerboard off each night that powers my PS3, TV, XBox, home theatre, Wii and Tivo. I also do the same with my PC and Mac. You save shitloads by doing that each night!

-I too get every last drop out of the fuel pump hose at the servo.

-I don't ride my downhill bike or XC bike on a sealed road as it puts a shit flat roll around your super soft rubber.

-Uh uh, windows down cobber, you can't use the air conditioner unless that window is fogging up.

-Two large pizza's for one person works out a few bucks cheaper than buying two single pizza's plus you get a couple of feeds out of it!

-www.boozle.com.au The best addition to an alcoholic's favorites list.;)

-I never carry cash unless I know I'm getting bent. Plastic all the way!

Yeah, I know I'm a tight arse at times but I also own everything under my roof and we're sitting pretty with our mortgage. I'm the first guy to buy a shout and the first guy to open his wallet when getting out of the taxi. I don't spend countless hours of my daylight hours slaving away just to waste my damn money you know!:p

jumpers

Likes Dirt
If i HAVE ride on sealed road with my xc bike i ride in the shitty leaves/rocks on side to preserve my tread
Also turn off all power points
Never stayed in hotel...always camp (cheaper)..but had put up horrible conditions

Bermshot

Banned
My step grandmother use to liquid paper out her name on x-mas/birthday cards and re use them.

+1 for using old tires on tarmac.

Not really categorized as thrifty but I hate wasting food.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Iv got a mate who flat out refuses to add petrol money, even when asked, wen we drive a fair way and he knows im only on a apprentices wage......... and then brags to peeps about getting a "free ride", and how he's got so much money saved up............

JorgenY22

Likes Dirt
Iv got a mate who flat out refuses to add petrol money, even when asked, wen we drive a fair way and he knows im only on a apprentices wage......... and then brags to peeps about getting a "free ride", and how he's got so much money saved up............
That'd be the last time he rode with me. :p You should charge him up front next time, and add something for insurance, reggo and vehicle depreciation.

Bermshot

Banned
Yeah, that's not being tight that's outright bludging.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yeah he doesn't ride with me anymore, last I went out with him he tried hitting me up for a $5 drink he shouted me the night before.......... only time I've ever seen him shout someone something other than his gf.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
one time driving to bathurst with a mate, we ran out of petrol because he was certain he could make 150 kms on empty and make it to the next petrol station but, we didn't. We had to walk a couple km back to the closest petrol station, when we get to the petrol station, he refuses to buy a 5l petrol can for 17$ so he goes out to the bin and grabs a 2l milk bottle and 600ml coke bottle, fills it up with the petrol and we walk back, put's it in the car, car doesn't click over, we walk back again, and do it again, car still wont click over, we go back again, and bare in mind this is 4am, across a bridge about 2 meters away from screaming road trains who couldn't see us, good times, fills it up once more, car still won't click over, rings up RACV to get a car out to give us fuel, his account has ran out and he can't pay it til 7am, instead of going back again, he waits until 7am, rings up, pays his account, the guy took another 2 hours to get there, puts the fuel in and we were off again.

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got a mate who charges petrol money ie $2 otherwise he wont give you a lift.
Like first post but he will stick his hand up to say he will have the bbq then charge everyone money for the meat which turns out he got his dad to buy it.
On road trips he will try and make you pay for his petrol even if you arnt in the same car.
Way too many to list on ONE mate.

actionchris

Likes Dirt
Got a mate who charges petrol money ie $2 otherwise he wont give you a lift.
Like first post but he will stick his hand up to say he will have the bbq then charge everyone money for the meat which turns out he got his dad to buy it.
On road trips he will try and make you pay for his petrol even if you arnt in the same car.
Way too many to list on ONE mate.
Sounds like a mate of mine. invited out to a boat and bbq day. Give to girls mate has been on the tune with a lift, cook bbq, clean boat etc. As im leaving to give the girls a lift back. He come up to me and asks for twenty dollar to cover the meat and fuel.
Also never gets in shouts, drinks mid strength because its cheaper etc.
I once put a car cd player in for him and had to leave a decent amount of wire coming out the end of the old radio plug so it could be resoldered together and put back in when he "sold the car in four or five years."

Norco Maniac

Is back!
when i was first studying i used to do warm-up massage for an osteopath, he'd see maybe 12 clients during my shift, and of course you're washing your hands constantly between clients. he'd water down the liquid handwash to the point that it wouldn't foam...and i'd have to take my own handtowel or paper towels in because he refused to provide them.

forget tea or coffee being provided, or even filtered water...