The QUICK question thread.....

bear the bear

Is a real bear
So the company IT bloke is on his muy-thai holiday. Does anyone else know if you can use an Ipad with a company's network drive for access?
Assume all Microsoft based. We are already having problems with the new company-supplied tablet/laptop blue screening.

Thx all.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
So the company IT bloke is on his muy-thai holiday. Does anyone else know if you can use an Ipad with a company's network drive for access?
Assume all Microsoft based. We are already having problems with the new company-supplied tablet/laptop blue screening.

Thx all.
As in vpn with mapped server drives, or a cloud document storage like SharePoint or similar? If the former, then I have never seen it and highly doubt it.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

Thx all.
Yes. Need to have SMB/CIFS setup but iPad should be able to handle it natively.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Multiple, not just mine. Nothing better than having it shut down during a meeting on a big screen with a main client!
Thats pure shit. Why would the company put up with new faulty laptops.

I've had it once where my comp BSOD' repeatedly, got anything from 30 seconds to 20 minutes, I tried everything for about a week or two then gave up.

The Computer shop had it for 10 days and eventually found it to be an intermittent fault on the Intel i7 chip, Intel replaced the chip.

Yours sounds like a hardware incompatibility issue from factory.

Yet1

Likes Dirt
Thoughts on if this is dodgy or not... Posted a bike for sale on FB Market place, within 10 mins I get a message asking location. The bloke then says, oh my brother lives close to there and he can come collect it, then wants my payID so he can make a full payment and his brother will come collect. I questioned that he is wanting to pay full aksing price (no haggling) for an unseen bike as I certainly would want to look at a bike before committing to full asking price? Is this a scam? It seems as though once the money is in my account through PayID they cant take it back?

moorey

call me Mia
Thoughts on if this is dodgy or not... Posted a bike for sale on FB Market place, within 10 mins I get a message asking location. The bloke then says, oh my brother lives close to there and he can come collect it, then wants my payID so he can make a full payment and his brother will come collect. I questioned that he is wanting to pay full aksing price (no haggling) for an unseen bike as I certainly would want to look at a bike before committing to full asking price? Is this a scam? It seems as though once the money is in my account through PayID they cant take it back?
I believe the scam is in his brother picking up. He will deny it was picked up, saying it was someone else, and lodge a claim for a refund. Or, that’s how a similar PayPal one goes.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
This is a scam. Do they have an unusual name?

They will ask for your email then say you need to upgrade to a payID business account, he will email you the details.

Not 100% how they get the money but I googled it a while ago when people started all wanting to use payID and have a friend pick it up.

Yet1

Likes Dirt
This is a scam. Do they have an unusual name?

They will ask for your email then say you need to upgrade to a payID business account, he will email you the details.

Not 100% how they get the money but I googled it a while ago when people started all wanting to use payID and have a friend pick it up.
His name on FB is Alan Tapp.. seemed to have enough detail on his FB to look somewhat legit. He did ask for my email as well, which I thought odd, so seems to confirm the scam