The QUICK question thread.....

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Funny thing is it was the sort of thing you’d brush of your arm without a thought.

A quick Hambo suggests it was a spider wasp. Didn’t look very scary.
Just did a Hambo and yeah doesn’t look too menacing. Adds to list of bugs to worry about while in the bush.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Funny thing is it was the sort of thing you’d brush of your arm without a thought.

A quick Hambo suggests it was a spider wasp. Didn’t look very scary.
Ooooo, I found one dragging a paralysed huntsman into its burrow in my garden one day. I sat down and watched it a while. It was very particular about the outside of the burrow and kept coming out to make adjustments, for the guest, I suppose.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Ooooo, I found one dragging a paralysed huntsman into its burrow in my garden one day. I sat down and watched it a while. It was very particular about the outside of the burrow and kept coming out to make adjustments, for the guest, I suppose.
We get these wasps here occasionally. Lunch is a lot of effort. I sure don't want to mess with that wasp.
20161204_195715.jpg

safreek

Definitely a Wolfie. Come in a variety of colours and sizes, ground dwellers, have two larger forward facing eyes. Afaik, the only spider that carries it's bubbies on its back. Apparently no real danger to people, but can be bad for doggos.

Plenty of people mistake them for huntsman's (wall puppies) and vice versa. They can both be big and brown and fast, but wall puppies tend to live in trees and houses where the wolfie usually won't go inside because there's not much undergrowth and holes to hide in.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Yeah, but name this kind of spider
tumblr_inline_o3ciaqhuTF1rwopi4_500.jpg

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Do I really need to strip off decking oil before recoating?
Depends. If there is no peeling or flaking and deck looks to be in good order a thorough clean and dry and oil is a ok. If it is looking tatty removing the current coatings is a good start then assessing from there. I used a deck specific stripper and cleaner as after 8 odd years was looking a bit tatty then re-oiled. The other option is sanding.