The Photo Snob Thread

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
EDIT -

What are some good ND filters, and any location to buy them for?

77mm needed for 17-40 - long exposures.

I'm still browsing around for some, but anything to speed up the process is nice. :)

Have a look at the cokin z-pro series filters. I havn't used them but the lee filters are supposed to be good also.

Havn't posted one in a little while, I got this one just before the storm hit yesterday.

Last edited:

Drew.

Eats Squid
hm. highly rushed and unfair to ask her to pose after work. but...

Thoughts? Im not stoked with them, but they're okay i guess.

Last edited:

little man

Likes Dirt
As far as lighting, skin and colours are concerned, it's pretty damn good (I can't see the first one) However, the pose isn't flattering and she looks sort of shocked and slightly annoyed.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As far as lighting, skin and colours are concerned, it's pretty damn good (I can't see the first one) However, the pose isn't flattering and she looks sort of shocked and slightly annoyed.
Same thoughts as me, I like the first better than the second though. The piercing + untied hair suits her much better... I'm doing a blondie up hardcore scene soon to do a shoot, should be fun :D

red_d0g

Likes Dirt

*snip

I like the 2nd one, but her face is turned too far away for my liking, and as little man said,
colours are spot on. :)

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
Went to Canada recently for a family holiday. Managed to get some shots, it would be cool if I could get some cc on them.

Also, was looking at getting some flashes. I was looking at these:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/YN-460-Yongn...Accessories?hash=item5190d027fa#ht_9238wt_941
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Cactus-V4-wi...ccessories?hash=item20afab61b5#ht_6945wt_1167
I apologise for the ebay links, I was going to get two of the flashes and remotes.
Any comments on this setup? I know it probably been covered before, couldn't be botherd sifting through the 1500 pages.
Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:

Unlearn

Likes Dirt

G'day Drew, these are my thoughts from what I can see on my home screen. Her eyes just look a tiny bit diffused, more so in the first one I think, and around the middle of her nose seems to a little too soft on this one too?

The only other thing I notice is that it looks like she has gaps in her teeth.

Lighting looks unreal and i'm always a fan of your work though.

@Tupper - Killer shot.

Last edited:

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just shot a local state round, thoughts?
To me, the whole blurred front bush thing (lol) takes up waayy to much of the picture, and between the fake looking background behind him and the fact you can't see the ground, the picture sort of leaves no story behind what the hell he's actually doing...

wazza2282

Likes Dirt
hey all

What i want to no is. The plastic diffusers that are like a cup which goes onto your flash gun, do these work? what should i expect to pay for one in a shop? i just dnt like the look of harsh flashed images.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
I paid ~$25 for one, simply because a business card wedged into the top of my flash was not the most professional thing to walk around with. I'm really glad I got one actually as they do a really good job, in taking the 'edge' off indoors. I went to Digital Camera Warehouse.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Hey guys,
Went to Canada recently for a family holiday. Managed to get some shots, it would be cool if I could get some cc on them.
**snip**]
Also, was looking at getting some flashes. I was looking at these:
**snip**I apologise for the ebay links, I was going to get two of the flashes and remotes.
Any comments on this setup? I know it probably been covered before, couldn't be botherd sifting through the 1500 pages.
Thanks in advance. :)
You get what you pay for. If you want cheap flashes, spend a bit more and get some Cactus ones.

As far as Canada shots, the boarder shot looks ok. But they look like family snaps while on holidays. If that is what you're going for, then great. If not, not so great! Canada has beautiful scenery. Some of the Snobbers have taking timeless shots for there. Sifting through the 1500 pages is actually worthwhile! Use it for inspiration.

Olly, liking the new site ....alot! But you need to change your email. There is a redirect service available, as you have your domain, your email should be name@yourdomain.com. Looks more professional. JMHO!:D

Hux