The Photo Snob Thread

tangcla

Likes Dirt
Tupper; talked the rents into the 85 f/1.8; loving it!!
85/1.8 is a great lens. Given the choice between the 85/1.8 and 85/1.2L, the 85/1.8 is the complete opposite - lightweight and fast-focusing. The 85L is a slug... it produces some nice stuff but I can't trust the electronic drive-by-wire focusing mechanism on it.

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
I would suggest something like the 18-35 or a mid range wideangle zoom. You have a fisheye and a 17mm and then nothing inbetween there and the 50mm.
Cheers mate, i'm not sure what to get, you know the feeling when you know you need something but not sure what that something is, but yearn to fill the gap?

Hmmm my mind boggles....

Right now i'm still trying to comprehend how wide the fisheye is, it's fucking wide!... I reckon if I stood there with the camera to my eye pointed at something perpendicular in front of me, and cracked a boner, i'd have a boner in my photo.

Last edited:

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Manfrotto 190XB and 804RC2 head should arrive in via courier tomorrow along with Lowpro fastback 200 bag.

Can't wait to score some beach/landscape shots.

little man

Likes Dirt
Can I get a hell yeah for Canon 7D's.

Spent the last few days playing with mine non-stop. The thing is amazing. The image quality, the low noise at high iso, the AF accuracy and speed, the customizability (I think that's a word) and the video.
The button layout - coming from a 40D - takes some getting used to. However, the ability to assign specific functions to certain buttons is handy.
I have nothing but praise for this camera.

tangcla

Likes Dirt
I just wish the 5D2 and the 7D had a lovechild and they molested the 7D and took its AF sensor and put it in the 5D2.

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just wish the 5D2 and the 7D had a lovechild and they molested the 7D and took its AF sensor and put it in the 5D2.
Is that you volunteering for your 5D to make little EOS's with Tristan's 7D?

It's an expensive pedigree, but I put dibs on the mutant offspring..

Nice too see you here matey..

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Can I get a hell yeah for Canon 7D's.

Spent the last few days playing with mine non-stop. The thing is amazing. The image quality, the low noise at high iso, the AF accuracy and speed, the customizability (I think that's a word) and the video.
The button layout - coming from a 40D - takes some getting used to. However, the ability to assign specific functions to certain buttons is handy.
I have nothing but praise for this camera.
Although I agree with most of what you're saying, i'm actually pretty dissapointed with the 7D's high-ISO handling. I think it sucks. In fact, I think the ISO handling at most ISO's is shit. Compared to a 40D it may be better, but compared to my D300, it's unimpressive.

dog boy

Likes Dirt
hey snoobers, i took some photos last night of the new year. i want to put them on myspace however they cant exceed 5MB they are all bigger than 5MB. so is there anyway to make them less than 5MB without cropping them? can i reduce the quality of them somehow?

many thanks

Last edited:

tangcla

Likes Dirt
hey snoobers, i took some photos last night of the new year. i want to put them on myspace however they cant exceed 5MB they are all bigger than 5MB. so is there anyway to make them less than 5MB without cropping them? can i reduce the quality of them somehow?

many thanks
You can upload to Imageshack or equivalent and that will resize it for you... quickest way of doing it if you don't have an imaging program to resize.

dog boy

Likes Dirt
You can upload to Imageshack or equivalent and that will resize it for you... quickest way of doing it if you don't have an imaging program to resize.
thanks i cant realy b bothered with image hosting sites tho. i just realised i can resize using paint lol. thanks anyway

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok, so it was new years and I went away, took the camera, predominantly shot people, which I will admit I am so bad at its beyond funny, but I have a few here that I like. Any Feedback is nice :) Especially on the people :)

Find me a better way to spend some time before NY (beverages provided in boat :p)

And.. well we are a mtb forum, so some bike photos :p