The Photo Snob Thread

tre0001

Likes Dirt
thanks guys, it was a windy day and in a few days i will post a 5 minute exposure with a similar effect but, the effect was defiantly enhanced in photo shop with the radial blur tool.

@saMfish love the second, want a 8mm fisheye so bad, but i hate to say the quality does not look that great.. possible because you shot into the sun possible because of your iso? im not sure but it would be nice if it was a bit higher quality

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
@saMfish love the second, want a 8mm fisheye so bad, but i hate to say the quality does not look that great.. possible because you shot into the sun possible because of your iso? im not sure but it would be nice if it was a bit higher quality
I think they're shot at night...

tre0001

Likes Dirt
I think they're shot at night...
i reelize that :p replace sun with moon. ivé seen many night shots with great detail and quality but wondering wheter it was his settings or PP that cause the loss of qaulity or the lens.. not that its bad they are still great shots as are.

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I've had an 8mm Peleng off Ebay for about a year now. Good fun lens for the money. Quality isn't amazing but it sure beats spending 1300 on a Sigma.

Sam91

Likes Bikes
Sam nice shots! I agree, star trails coming over the top of the building could look really interesting just don't get caught haha

Still waiting for a shipment of YN-462II's to come in, however tried off camera flash for the first time today with a mates 580EX and triggers while shooting for my PAD at Browns Plain Skate park, can't wait to get my own now!

Thoughts?

tim_d

Likes Dirt
Warning: Noob alert

I'm in need of some help/constructive critiscism in relation to post processing. Borrowed a copy of photoshop cs4 but having never edited photos before I'm only playing around and don't really have much idea. Done lots of googling and thats helped a bit, but it mostly goes into using various filters and things to get different effects rather than the basics.
What normally goes into the editing process? I've played with contrast, brightness and the curves graphs (exposure?) but haven't really got the hang of these yet, and just going by what looks alright, rather than what it actually means.. What else should i look at doing/working on?
Here is the one i was teaching myself with. Also got rid of seaweed, and a few other things, just to see if i could :p
Before

Last edited:

saMfish

Likes Dirt
What else should i look at doing/working on?
Straighten dat horizon!
> Ruler tool (under the eye dropper tool),
> Click and draw a straight line along the wonky horizon,
> Click 'Image' dropdown,
> 'Image Rotation',
> 'Arbitary', then press okay,
> Crop it again to emit any black (might be white).
Bam :)

While I'm here, I may as well post some photographimacals.

Ormes, for those playing at home

And for shits and giggles:

Last edited:

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Photo Dump!

Picked up a batch of prints today from the repackaged film I've been playing with for the past few weeks. Highlights in many of the indoor snaps show a distinct 'green' tone and those curious scratches over the side are another story - stoked! Peeled away the label on the canister to reveal Fuji Superia (400) in Taiwanese so I'm *assuming* the new contents would be some sort of similar consumer-grade film.

All taken with a Nikkormat FT3 and either 28/2.8 or a 50/2

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Sam nice shots! I agree, star trails coming over the top of the building could look really interesting just don't get caught haha

Still waiting for a shipment of YN-462II's to come in, however tried off camera flash for the first time today with a mates 580EX and triggers while shooting for my PAD at Browns Plain Skate park, can't wait to get my own now!

Thoughts?
**snip**
Sam, just be careful with the over exposing with blasts of nuke light. Either move the flash out a bit or dial down the power.
The Yangies have little lights on the back to easily help with how much power you're using. They are a great strobe for $50.:D I don't care if mine gets taken out, unlike how I felt when my 580EXII commited suicide.:mad:

Edit: for inspiration, check out James Pattersons shots in Skate Parks!

Sam91

Likes Bikes
Thanks hux! Was my first time using a speedlight whatsoever and didn't want to fiddle with it too much considering, it wasn't mine, eitherway it was a learning experience and can't wait to go out and shoot more!

Also Sam is right, straightening your horizon will make such a large difference!