The gaming thread

teK--

Eats Squid
Ive finished Cyberpunk and expansion pack with every single possible ending, gig, and side job. What do do next???

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I was hoping for suggestion of another game :p
:p I gathered that. PC, Xbox or PS5?

Have you played Dying Light 2? I just finished a 2nd play-through. really enjoyable combat mechanics, IMO.
Ghost of Tsushima - if you somehow missed it. You should be able to get an edition with the DLC by now.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5 exclusive) looks siiick

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I've been trying to resist BeamNG, but the opportunity to destroy infinite numbers of VN Commodores is just too much..

I think I need a new gaming PC.
It might have improved but it used to be massively resource intensive.

It also (unless in changed in the last few years) doesn't have any racing or online multiplayer, so you've got to be content to just roam around smashing cars. It is still fun, but I suspect it'd be much, much more fun with a gaming wheel setup as the steering and throttle response to keyboard input is quite doughy, and many of the cars don;t have ABS so braking on a keyboard just results in brake locks. The damage modelling is insane though. Launching cars off stuff and watching the monocoque bend and suspension members tear out and launch coil springs, etc... is pretty cool.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
It might have improved but it used to be massively resource intensive.

It also (unless in changed in the last few years) doesn't have any racing or online multiplayer, so you've got to be content to just roam around smashing cars. It is still fun, but I suspect it'd be much, much more fun with a gaming wheel setup as the steering and throttle response to keyboard input is quite doughy, and many of the cars don;t have ABS so braking on a keyboard just results in brake locks. The damage modelling is insane though. Launching cars off stuff and watching the monocoque bend and suspension members tear out and launch coil springs, etc... is pretty cool.
+1. I thought BeamNG was just a piece of software for livestreamers to make Youtube videos.
It may have a limited shelf life as something you want to play or muck around with.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
+1. I thought BeamNG was just a piece of software for livestreamers to make Youtube videos.
It may have a limited shelf life as something you want to play or muck around with.
I found it reasonably good fun for a couple of weeks, would've probably played it longer if I had a wheel setup.

But I was also one of those kids that got "doesn't play well with others" on their report card growing up. :p

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Well it's designed to be an accurate car simulator. I should probably give it a go now that it supports VR.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So, Fallout. Any of you Gents play it? I've adored them from the start. I'm not a huge fan of Fallout 76 but have a few playthroughs that I jump into regularly for 3, New Vegas and Fallout 4. I'm not that fussed on games being made into TV shows & Movies but I tell ya; I'm very excited for the Fallout TV show based on the trailers, it looks superb and I hope it'll be fun.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
So, Fallout. Any of you Gents play it? I've adored them from the start. I'm not a huge fan of Fallout 76 but have a few playthroughs that I jump into regularly for 3, New Vegas and Fallout 4. I'm not that fussed on games being made into TV shows & Movies but I tell ya; I'm very excited for the Fallout TV show based on the trailers, it looks superb and I hope it'll be fun.
In my pile of shame. On the to-do list for me.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Put aside 300 hours and get into it. ;)
I'd play Fallout 3 before watching the TV show. Fallout 3 is astoundingly good.
I have bumped it up the list now. I should have given it a shot before I thought, 'Well, what about giving this Skyrim thing a go!?' :)