The gaming thread

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
GT7 any good?
It's an immensely pretty and immersive game that fixes the biggest issues with GT Sport (not enough cars, not enough challenging races, shitty AI) but is hamstrung by not enough racing events. It's really weird, like you think it'd be the easiest thing to add more but each month's worth of updates might ad an extra 3 races if you're lucky - there's still whole categories of cars in the game that don't have race series for them (apart from the odd online race occasionally, but online is full of morons).

Having said that I'm still playing it so yeah, recommended. Update coming today is going to be adding the M2 Competition and the Sierra Cosworth.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
You have a wheel?
Just doing it with the controller. Steering's a bit compromised but throttle control isn't bad. Don't have the space to go the wheel set up in the living room. Controller might be better on the PS5 (I've got a PS4).

Just checked price and yeah that's cheap. Get it. Just saw in today's update they've added the Road Atlanta circuit too.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just doing it with the controller. Steering's a bit compromised but throttle control isn't bad. Don't have the space to go the wheel set up in the living room. Controller might be better on the PS5 (I've got a PS4).

Just checked price and yeah that's cheap. Get it. Just saw in today's update they've added the Road Atlanta circuit too.
Folding wheel stands are pretty good. Everything stays attached so lift into place, plug in and your ready to go. Worth the $130 odd

how does it go from being critically panned to game of the year? Have they done something different to it?
I think they promised a lot at the time and didn't deliver (ala Cyberpunk), I never played it then so I don'y know how crap it was. Apparently they have updated the game significantly.

But also the whole space exploration thing I'm just lovin. It's not constant pew pew and I guess being old it fits in with my youth, kinda like Fallout did.

Oddjob

Can hench anywhere any time
Just got Battlefield 2042 going on Gamepass. (Protip for those playing on pc, disable administrator privileges for the BF2042.exe.)

Graphics are improved over Battlefield 4, but there have been some weird backwards steps like:
-Why only US and Russia as factions? Did China just vanish in the climate apocalypse?
-What happened to building destruction and changing maps?
-Why does it take multiple hits from a 30mm autocannon to kill someone?

Anyway, I've been bitten by the bug and I'm sure I will grind to get those sweet sweet guns.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk