The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange

Sky_Collapsed

Not particularly enlightened
A lot are packing it in too. Pressure, stress and workload.
I don't know a lot of people in the medical profession but I do know 3 nurses who have jacked in their job in the past 2-3yrs and are now working in another position away from Medical profession.
yeah lots more needs to be done to ease on their workload as there's only so much anyone can take really before they throw the towel in.

money is a good starting point but you still can't be working people on 12 14 hour shifts monday to fri and requiring weekends too as people will only do that for so long, even if they were getting 200k to do it, theres only so much they can take before mental fatigue sets in and people leave.

im acutally wanting to move away from my current job into the medical area actually but its a slow process, need to wait till later in the year or next year when courses become available and even than its like a 17 week course and thats just for a cert 3, not a diploma or anything

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
yeah lots more needs to be done to ease on their workload as there's only so much anyone can take really before they throw the towel in.

money is a good starting point but you still can't be working people on 12 14 hour shifts monday to fri and requiring weekends too as people will only do that for so long, even if they were getting 200k to do it, theres only so much they can take before mental fatigue sets in and people leave.

im acutally wanting to move away from my current job into the medical area actually but its a slow process, need to wait till later in the year or next year when courses become available and even than its like a 17 week course and thats just for a cert 3, not a diploma or anything
Australia does alright in attracting nurses from other countries due to higher wages, better lifestyle and weather but higher immigration should be lifting that number at the same rate. Ireland also has a problem with trades coming here, especially in the last few years since 2021.

A lot more would be looking to move but family ties stop people moving, especially when they get a little bit older, have kids, get settled, get financially stable that a move would be doable, then find the kids have a voice too.

I know so many that had a plan, just to be overruled by 10-12yr olds.

dgjdjghjhfj.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
lol, that'd be a bit embarrassing!

(Obviously) I don't have kids, but I've never understood why parents would let a kid dictate that - or use it as a wedge against their partner - "Oh but they'd have to move away from all their friends!!!" So what? They'll likely never see them again after school is finished, and (generally) kids will make friends wherever they are. They're too young to know any kind of "lifelong stability" so will just adapt to what they experience. If you want to move, move. Blaming the kids is either piss-weak parenting or a poor excuse.

Sky_Collapsed

Not particularly enlightened
Australia does alright in attracting nurses from other countries due to higher wages, better lifestyle and weather but higher immigration should be lifting that number at the same rate. Ireland also has a problem with trades coming here, especially in the last few years since 2021.

A lot more would be looking to move but family ties stop people moving, especially when they get a little bit older, have kids, get settled, get financially stable that a move would be doable, then find the kids have a voice too.

View attachment 408320
kinda begs the question, if we're attracting nearly 12,000 nurses and 8800 doctors (Presumably per year?) than how come hospitals and aged/disability care always seems so overwhelmed?

Is it simply just waay waaay too much demand and still a lack of beds or just a combination of the two still?

Anyways i have no idea when the next lot of courses are for me, i'm hoping it is like late September/October than i can be done and start off in the new year or something.

In the meantime i just need to do my wwvp check and get my covid shots so im good to go.

ozzybmx

lol, that'd be a bit embarrassing!

(Obviously) I don't have kids, but I've never understood why parents would let a kid dictate that - or use it as a wedge against their partner - "Oh but they'd have to move away from all their friends!!!" So what? They'll likely never see them again after school is finished, and (generally) kids will make friends wherever they are. They're too young to know any kind of "lifelong stability" so will just adapt to what they experience. If you want to move, move. Blaming the kids is either piss-weak parenting or a poor excuse.
There are a lot of parents out there these days that take their kids opinions into consideration. Some as you know, refuse to name a gender at birth, letting the kid decide when they are older.

There are also parents who go to great lengths to put their child(ren) in a school where they are comfortable and happy. I never had an issue moving my boys as they are very confident kids but we are lucky ones. There's a lot out there with confidence, mental health and general issues fitting in, not to mention snide remarks from others, causing the kid to lose their shit and not want to go to school at all.

We have friends here who had the chance of 1yr living in California for free, that was knocked on the head by their 8yr old.

Me personally...

"right son, we're going to Australia"

"dont assume I'm a boy and I refuse to go to Australia"

Me, hits him a swift kick to the nutts "you are a boy and GTF on that plane" :p

Flow-Rider

Burner

View attachment 408320
A good mate of mine's sister works in an RTO for nursing after years of working with top surgeons, you know that less than 1 in 10 trainees secure a job.

ozzybmx

A good mate of mine's sister works in an RTO for nursing after years of working with top surgeons, you know that less than 1 in 10 trainees secure a job.
I dont know much about it at all. My missus works with Dementia patients and NDIS, she has a lot of overseas EN/RNs that come through there while retraining to get into the hospitals.

Also in my buzz around the medical system 18 months ago, I did notice that nearly the majority of nursing staff I came in contact with were either Asian, English or Indian, so there plenty getting through their training.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
There are a lot of parents out there these days that take their kids opinions into consideration. Some as you know, refuse to name a gender at birth, letting the kid decide when they are older.

There are also parents who go to great lengths to put their child(ren) in a school where they are comfortable and happy. I never had an issue moving my boys as they are very confident kids but we are lucky ones. There's a lot out there with confidence, mental health and general issues fitting in, not to mention snide remarks from others, causing the kid to lose their shit and not want to go to school at all.

We have friends here who had the chance of 1yr living in California for free, that was knocked on the head by their 8yr old.

Me personally...

"right son, we're going to Australia"

"dont assume I'm a boy and I refuse to go to Australia"

Me, hits him a swift kick to the nutts "you are a boy and GTF on that plane" :p
I always wondered about kids today. It’s the back seat of some cars that are disgusting messes of rubbish and stains and spills that get me, and somehow it’s considered normal “because they’re kids”. Back seat of Dads car was in perfect condition because we’d have been skun alive if we trashed it. Which we knew not to do anyway because we were not feral…

Flow-Rider

Burner
I always wondered about kids today. It’s the back seat of some cars that are disgusting messes of rubbish and stains and spills that get me, and somehow it’s considered normal “because they’re kids”. Back seat of Dads car was in perfect condition because we’d have been skun alive if we trashed it. Which we knew not to do anyway because we were not feral…
Try to discipline kids these days and see what happens, it's why they're not afraid of authorities.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I dont know much about it at all. My missus works with Dementia patients and NDIS, she has a lot of overseas EN/RNs that come through there while retraining to get into the hospitals.

Also in my buzz around the medical system 18 months ago, I did notice that nearly the majority of nursing staff I came in contact with were either Asian, English or Indian, so there plenty getting through their training.
I'm pretty sure they only get assessed here if they're competent, their training would have occurred overseas.

ozzybmx

I'm pretty sure they only get assessed here if they're competent, their training would have occurred overseas.
Correct, they are all nurses who have come to Australia as nurses, then just need to get some bridging quals to get into the hospital system.