The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Yay Victorians. Nice to see negative politics rebuffed for a change...
I know right! I bet the libs are scratching their heads right now and wondering how everyone still voted Labor despite talking trash about them and not having any actual policy of their own. What's the world coming to when scare tactics don't work?!?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I know right! I bet the libs are scratching their heads right now and wondering how everyone still voted Labor despite talking trash about them and not having any actual policy of their own. What's the world coming to when scare tactics don't work?!?
Literally this is what they are thinking. ScoMo is probably thinking he needs to g o hard on 'but labor' campaign. Do some real shit politicians and we might vote for ya.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
"Did you know that Bill Shorten has been lobbying the UN to engage in nuclear war with the Soviet Union for the last 18 months?"

Slogan power 5000

Binaural

Eats Squid
My estimate is the fed lnp government tacticians are in a back room somewhere now, scratching their heads and saying ‘Fuck! We need to go even harder on the negative politics?’
You jest, but scare tactics are basically the only tactic left for a government as unpopular as the federal government is presently. Scare tactics are used because they are brutally effective, however revolting they might be to people who follow politics closely. Unless Bill Shorten is found in bed with a dead girl or a live boy (to quote the American political saying), then you should expect ScoMo to be spewing every falsehood that comes to hand and see the Australian and the Terrorgraph repeating it uncritically to a large pool of low-information voters.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The master of scare tactics are the unions. LNP campaigns are pathetic, no substance, no rebuttal. Oh and no policies that anyone wants to endorse. Asylum seeking coal fired power stations can come by boat though.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
One of the messages from the Vic election might be not just that the leadership turmoil is a turnoff and that people don't buy far right politics of fear and division, but that people actually DO support the centre-tright policies and values of Turnbull.

There is a big disclaimer here, though. Vic is a very progressive state, very distinct of the conservative Queenslanders and concerned with completely different isues to Western Australia. And even then, the coastal cities in QLD differ from country QLD, etc. etc. So the lessons of Vic don't necessarily tranlsate to the rest of the nation, holus bolus.

John U

MTB Precision
Scare tactics are effective sometimes. The LNP in Vic rolled out the scare tactics for the recent election. They were even presented with a ‘terrorism’ incedent a fortnight before the election. The majority of voters saw through it or rejected it outright.

John U

MTB Precision
Daniel Andrews is pretty much doing what he said he’d do. I think the reaction to that has been positive also. It’s not only about the LNP being a basket case.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Federal politics is harder than state. At a state level it was some big ticket infrastructure projects vs no real policy. At a federal level though, you start to see social issues creep up and a lot more general poop slinging.

I am surprised no one has said they'd fix NBN at this point. That would surely win votes. But I guess Shorten is too busy laughing it up watching the libs implode.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Bill Shorten and the Labor Party have sunk to a new low this evening passing the access ans assistance encryption bill. I don't know who they work for but it is not the Australian Public.
Indeed, such a shit move. I have nothing to hide. But the slow erosion of privacy in this country “for the greater good” is disgusting.

So the encryption protecting my banking is now backdoored. Great one.

Worse, let’s think of where our government could not be trusted in recent history. whistleblowers told journalists about Australia illegally spying on East Timor. This reporting activity can now be stopped and prevented.

It’s been a long time since a federal government had the people’s interests at heart.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Maybe these arsehats should publish their browsing histories so we can see just how whacked they really are.