The BMX Race thread.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The redundancy comment has got me curious...

Say that you were going to build a dream track- ground up. What would you need? Surely if you've got enough power to run overhead lights there would be more than one point of mains power in there? Most light poles have internal three phase you can tap in major event areas- would have been a good idea. With technology expanding at this rate it can't hurt.

redbruce

Eats Squid
The redundancy comment has got me curious...

Say that you were going to build a dream track- ground up. What would you need? Surely if you've got enough power to run overhead lights there would be more than one point of mains power in there? Most light poles have internal three phase you can tap in major event areas- would have been a good idea. With technology expanding at this rate it can't hurt.
Only take one phase to go down and you have lost two of three sources of 240V. Remains risky.

Solution is to have UPS backup for the timing system and computers (assuming not laptops) to prevent data loss

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Feeling a bit growly at BMX today. First consult at my wrist discovers that it's possible I ruptured a ligament years back and could be the cause of my on/off pain ever since.

Means I've been banned from my new sport possibly for good now. Fuark. Get your injuries checked out early kids :tsk:

converge11

Likes Dirt
I've possibly done something to my wrist also. Sometimes gets painful after training. But since strapping it its generally fine. You tried a wrist strap on yours?

Norco Maniac

Is back!
sneak peek of BennyMac's 2014 race weapons. the Doublecross still has my Answer forks, rawed Crupi rims and older Profile hubset as we're waiting on his Profile front to arrive to build the Box rims, already have the rear Profile with Titanium innards. once he builds the wheels he'll fit the Box carbon forks.

the DK has Supercross bars and a Snap stem, other from a change in rear sprocket it will be pretty much out of the box :)

View attachment 280045View attachment 280046

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
SV your links are invalid? Never seen that error....

I used to wear guards when training, but haven't really ridden bikes in a while now. The pain now isn't caused by anything some days it just comes on, so it's shit.

Thinks its the scapholunate ligament, my bones are displacing abnormally as well as the pain.

Crimson

Likes Dirt
It is that time of year again.

Track Attack (our little series of 6 open meets in 9 days) kicks off tomorrow. With an average of just over 400 entries in each round, it is going to me mean some big days.

Then there is BSX crammed in between two of the rounds - an unmissable day of 1 on 1 backyard racing for charity.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[video=facebook;707072515992059]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=707072515992059&set=vb.100000679522512&type=2&theater[/video]

Had my MRI today. No idea whatsoever what I'm looking at, but turns out the CD they put images on comes with a viewer! Awesome :party:

EDIT: can anyone view that? It's not showing on mine...

Last edited:

converge11

Likes Dirt
Anyone got an old white industries freewheel they no longer need? Chasing one for my young fella and don't really want to buy a new one

cowma

Likes Bikes
Promax cranks

Just wondering if anyone has any experience or feedback on the Promax HF-2 cranks?

I am looking at doing some upgrades to my Redline cruiser and was considering these and a set of the Excess 351 wheels

Crimson

Likes Dirt
Just wondering if anyone has any experience or feedback on the Promax HF-2 cranks?

I am looking at doing some upgrades to my Redline cruiser and was considering these and a set of the Excess 351 wheels
No direct experience, but they are being used by a lot of people out there (including some pretty big pros).

Personally, I'm still waiting for their big brother - the Box Vectors. It's only been going on to 18 months since they announced them.

cowma

Likes Bikes
No direct experience, but they are being used by a lot of people out there (including some pretty big pros).

Personally, I'm still waiting for their big brother - the Box Vectors. It's only been going on to 18 months since they announced them.
I have also been thinking of the new Redline Flight aluminium cranks as well so any feedback on them would be great too.

The Vectors are listed on the BOX website, won't fit all frames though it seems, only ones with PF30 and BB30 bottom bracket shells

converge11

Likes Dirt
I'm pretty sure with most dxr style ally cranks you can't really go wrong. They are all pretty much the same design. If it were me though I'd be getting the promax ones cause they look shit hot ;)

cowma

Likes Bikes
I'm pretty sure with most dxr style ally cranks you can't really go wrong. They are all pretty much the same design. If it were me though I'd be getting the promax ones cause they look shit hot ;)
Haha, yeah I think they look pretty good and they seem to have all the features, hollow forging etc. Just convincing myself really as the shopping list keeps growing.

Crimson

Likes Dirt
The Vectors are listed on the BOX website, won't fit all frames though it seems, only ones with PF30 and BB30 bottom bracket shells
As I said, they are the "big brother" - BB30/PF30 instead of the normal Euro BB shell.

I'm personally currently running DXR's on my cruiser and a set of Rhythm cranks with a PF30 adaptor on my 20" (these were meant to be in service for 3 months, 14 months ago!).

As converge said, virtually any of the 24mm 2 piece alloy cranks will do what is needed, it just comes down to what you like the look of and what colours they are available in.

cowma

Likes Bikes
Decided to go with the Promax cranks and getting a deal on a set of Bombshell SLX wheels and couple of other parts too