AM The Andorran Endurobro

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
What's a ghetto service? Not dropping the lowers completely off and just draining/topping lubricating oil? If I'm doing a lowers service it ain't no thing to just take the lowers right off and do it properly.
Bingo!

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I thought it was just doing everything as usual but not replacing the o rings but not even removing the lowers WTF!

Lucaw

Next in line
Great assumptions guys.
I removed the forks from the bike, put them in the work stand, let the pressure out, undid the footnuts, removed the lowers, drained the lowers, soaked and replaced the foam wipers, cleaned and put slico in the seals and reassembled the forks with oil and new crush washers. The only thing I did wrong was I attached the lowers when the fork was bottomed out, not fully extended.
To my understanding, this is how you do a lowers service on a fork.
Just because I’m a teenager doesn’t mean Ido everything half arsed

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Great assumptions guys.
I removed the forks from the bike, put them in the work stand, let the pressure out, undid the footnuts, removed the lowers, drained the lowers, soaked and replaced the foam wipers, cleaned and put slico in the seals and reassembled the forks with oil and new crush washers. The only thing I did wrong was I attached the lowers when the fork was bottomed out, not fully extended.
No assumptions here, man. I just had NFI what a ghetto service was.

You wouldn't be the first, nor last to reinstall the lowers before putting air in. FWIW I don't replace the wipers unless they really need it. Foam rings only if they are beyond salvageable.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Give all this residual crap stuck to the lower leg a good scrub next time buddy, if a clump of it were to fall inside the fork it would cause all type of trouble.

1675851335345.png

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Give all this residual crap stuck to the lower leg a good scrub next time buddy, if a clump of it were to fall inside the fork it would cause all type of trouble.

View attachment 396872
This. Forks needs to be immaculate before they come apart, the smallest spec of dirt is enough to trash a stanchion when it falls inside the lowers and jams between bushing and stanchion.

With forks off the bike but still assembled, wash them thoroughly.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Good you got it sorted mate. Little mistakes assist greatly with learning. I’ve learnt a lot about suspension (and pretty much everything else) through mistakes :D

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Great assumptions guys.
Service sounds good. Even doing a crush washer more than I do.

Just explaining what a ghetto service was, not accusing you. Good job ;)