AM The Andorran Endurobro

Lucaw

Next in line
What the fuck hope?! Why are your products so shithouse? The freehub and cassette fall of when you lay the wheel over, and the rim already is out of true with a flat spot after less than a month. And I’ve been running between 30-40 psi with an insert and haven’t heard the rim ding once. One of the spokes also has no tension on it where the flat spot is.
I really regret buying it, the formula hub on the other rear wheel is better and was much cheaper.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
What the fuck hope?! Why are your products so shithouse? The freehub and cassette fall of when you lay the wheel over, and the rim already is out of true with a flat spot after less than a month. And I’ve been running between 30-40 psi with an insert and haven’t heard the rim ding once. One of the spokes also has no tension on it where the flat spot is.
I really regret buying it, the formula hub on the other rear wheel is better and was much cheaper.
The freehub seal possibly wasn't seated properly from factory. The Pro4 freehub seal is a very toight fit (compared to pro2/Evo). If seated properly and the end caps pushed in properly it shouldn't just fall off.
Did you check the wheels for true and tension prior to riding? Could the flat spot have occurred in transit? The loose spoke is due to the flat spot, not the cause of it.

It's absolutely reasonable to expect the wheels to be in tip top condition and ready to ride when they get to you, that's what you've paid for. It might be worth getting in touch with the place you bought the wheels from.

Lucaw

Next in line
CRC were almost useless last time I had a warranty claim, they asked for me to send it back, and it took 3 months to process.
Should I talk straight to Hope?

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
CRC were almost useless last time I had a warranty claim, they asked for me to send it back, and it took 3 months to process.
Should I talk straight to Hope?
That's really frustrating. Yeah, worth a shot talking to Hope.

PJO

in me vL comy
Never had a hope freehub fall off, and as @Labcanary and @beeb said they are usually well held in place by the seal. Reckon you didn't put it on right, it takes some (even) force on the green seal to actually install it properly. Hope hubs have been flawless for me, over many years.

Don't think you'll get anywhere with a warranty claim, no one is going to guarantee that you can't flat spot a rim. Spokes will lose tension at flatspots so best you can do at the moment is tension it back up and keep riding while you look for a replacement rim.

Your next step is to order you a DTSwiss FR560 or the newer FR541 rim, I'll help you build a wheel around the Hope hub.
Cheapest I can find for a FR541 rim is R2-bike, looks to be around $160 including shipping, but there is a 4-6 week wait...
Locally (within Aus) you can get a pair of FR541 from Raild wheels for $400 plus postage. I found a listing of theirs on ebay which is $410 for two rims and postage (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/125594055611). I'm sure you'll find someone here on RB who would be willing to take the other rim of the pair...

You could run a EX511 rim which is enduro rated but not as tought as the freeride rims, wiggle have this in stock and cheap at $112 (add $14 postage):
https://www.wiggle.com.au/dt-swiss-ex-511-rim.

I'd be looking for the FR541 (or the older FR560) rim though, I've put an FR560 on my sons hardtail and it has held up to plenty of abuse, he is light but not a light rider ;).

moorey

call me Mia
100% user error. As stated, you haven’t seated the green seal.
RE the rim, I believe you bought the 26mm enduro model? They’re pretty strong, but not indestructible. Don’t blame Hope for your riding. Felix has raced both DH and Enduro for 3 years on the one set of Hope rims across 3 bikes…as well as 100’s of ride days and shuttle days in between. Same set is still running perfectly with barely a tweak of a spoke, so the issue isn’t with Hope. He doesn’t hold back, and he’d weigh more than you races an enduro bike even for DH events.

Lucaw

Next in line
Fork question
90D58D50-49E3-44FF-9E55-D9848E7BDA64.jpeg

My forks won’t return to full travel, they return to somewhere between 130-170mm of travel. If I grab the lowers and pull on them, it will extend to 180mm with a lot of effort, before spring back. This has been a problem for a little while, but it seems to be getting worse.
For reference, they have 110 psi when this picture was taken.
What do you guys reckon, blocked bleed port between positive and negative springs? I’ve never had this problem with my Yari and that runs much lower pressure

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Fork question
View attachment 396838
My forks won’t return to full travel, they return to somewhere between 130-170mm of travel. If I grab the lowers and pull on them, it will extend to 180mm with a lot of effort, before spring back. This has been a problem for a little while, but it seems to be getting worse.
What do you guys reckon, blocked bleed port between positive and negative springs? I’ve never had this problem with my Yari and that runs much lower pressure
Blocked equalising port or air trapped behind dust seals. Either way a lowers service and inspection will solve it.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Lucaw

Next in line
Blocked equalising port or air trapped behind dust seals. Either way a lowers service and inspection will solve it.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Did a lowers service last night, didn’t fix it, maybe made it worse.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Fork question
View attachment 396838
Blocked equalising port isn't a thing ime. No grease is going to withstand the pressure differential between the positive and negative chamber.

Don't these Lyrik's have the air spring that is super supple off the top because of the large negative chamber side and this suck down is normal? SRAM updated the air spring because everyone complained about not having full travel sitting trail side and in doing so then everyone complained about losing the off the top suppleness so they all went back to the old air spring.

Otherwise change the seal on the head, it could be compromised.