Stupid Laws

Mojo

Likes Dirt
How difficult can it be to swallow your pride and not bicker over trivial issues? If you really are as matured as you claim to be, why would other members think of you as such?
i can see what your pointing towards, and i dont have a problem with copping it on the chin, but wouldn't you be a lil annoyed, just curious, if a cop said they could confiscate your bike because it didnt have a bell and reflectors, just putting it out their, we all take pride in our bikes, and i love mine as much as the next, this is why i was so irritated at the situation

dont get me wrong, if i get busted not wearing a helmet its my own stupid fault, thats fine, i can take that, but i was trying to discuss the confiscation crap in this post and not the respect we should/shouldn't have for police for whatever reason.

sorry if i gave you the wrong impression

Jordan!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
idiots.. they should be happy that your not driving and all that jazz!
ridings safer and better for you but i guess they couldn't give a rats ass..:eek:

Mojo

Likes Dirt
idiots.. they should be happy that your not driving and all that jazz!
ridings safer and better for you but i guess they couldn't give a rats ass..:eek:
bicheno, love that place, do you even have police there. it was always such a relaxed place i cant really see it. haha

Jordan!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bicheno, love that place, do you even have police there. it was always such a relaxed place i cant really see it. haha
oh isn't it great, theres only one cop who is a bit of a stoner himself.. haha
yeah it's not a bad town, pretty laid back and we have a few jumps and shizz there now..
what do you mean by "i cant really see it"??

j

Mojo

Likes Dirt
haha used to live down near hobart for a few years, went on a few holidays up there with mates, i just cant see the police being a very prominant feature in a town thats so relaxed. haha miss that place used to go fishing off those orange coloured rocks that were at the end of that beach

Jordan!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha used to live down near hobart for a few years, went on a few holidays up there with mates, i just cant see the police being a very prominant feature in a town thats so relaxed. haha miss that place used to go fishing off those orange coloured rocks that were at the end of that beach
yeah.. it really wierd now, at one beach all the sand has eroded (spelling?)
and its all rocky.
Theres been some freak weather and 3 or 4 people lost there rooves due to wind, and the next day it was wet as hell! (poor buggers)

Mojo

Likes Dirt
yeh that happened to our beaches up here a few weeks back, it sucks. awell mate we'll let the thread get back to topic then, haha have a good one

e30 guy

Likes Dirt
I know this is talking about the Police and Australian Laws, but I also think the point of the initial post is the "picking on" of an urban rider.

I get hassled a lot by adults when I ride my bmx around. Once I was sitting on my bike on a footpath putting my helmet on. This old guy walks up to me and starts going off at me about riding on the footpath.

Here's the funny bit: I take off my helmet, stand up and look at him in the eye - then the old fella's face changes when he realises I'm not 13, but in fact 36!! This is what I said to him

"Mate, First thing, I'm not riding it. Second, by riding my bike here has meant you can park your farkin' car in the car park - so back off and think about what you say next time"

He was white as a ghost!! I guess, blue jeans, black T-shirt, black helmet on a bmx - you look like a snotty nose 13 year old up to trouble :D Not some half-decent gentleman of a dude who decides to leave his car at home!!!
I really love it wen old ppl get owned after having a whine. One tried to have a go at me for doing 30 in a carpark outside my exam room as i was 10 minutes late :rolleyes:

sort of offtopic
but i've heard of cops defecting stock cars on a showroom floor, and even cars on a trailer coming from the drag strip.

it's really how much of an impact they want to have on the locals or community.

That really is bullshit. how can you defect a car that technically isnt on the road.:confused: stupid police on their power trips.

If you guys think having your bike is suitable punishment wait till they get the hands on the crusher :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exgEkySxDFc

wtr

Likes Dirt
yeah well some cops pulled me over for not wearing a helmet and told me that i had to walk it home, and if he saw me riding it home he would give me a fine so when i was crossing the road i jumped off my bike pulled my pants down and mooned him untill he got in his car. then i rode as fast as i could:p
Just making it easier for the next rider that cop comes across.

Idiot
shut up. the point is no one rides where i live, why pull me over?
It appears your schools hasn't offer the brain surgery you were supposed to receive. If symptom persists, stick a fork into the powerpoint.

ashhash

Likes Dirt
i jumped off my bike pulled my pants down and mooned him until he got in his car.
Lucky he couldn't tell your arse from your face, you could have been in trouble otherwise!

kevp_93

Likes Bikes
Same thing Happened to me!

Me and some mates were sitting on our bikes waiting for a train when some cops walked up and told us off. They took all our details and one of the cops got to a 11 yr old boy (who was a cousin of one of my mates who came from Hong Kong to learn english) and asked him for his 'Date of birth'.
We tried to tell the officer that he didn't speak good english and he shouted out one of the most rediculous things i have EVER heard. It went something like this:
" Don't you tell me what he can or can't do!!! Who do you think you are telling me off like that!!! I went to China to teach english and I can assure you that every person in China knows enough english to tell me his date of birth!!!"
After he finished all the details and stuff he said we might recieve a $250 FINE!!!!! and then as an instict we said shit or fuck or something under our breaths and he boosted our fine by$100!!!
Jeez!!!
that cop had power and he knew how to use it!!!:mad:

NS_Suburban

Likes Bikes
Slightly OT, but has anyone been done for no reflectors/riding at night without lights? I don't think many of my bikes have had reflectors and I've never had lights on my bike for night riding. I often cruise about after dark, seen the Five-Oh plenty of times and everytime they've just rolled right on past me (must be because I have my brain bucket on :D)

Also, was pulled up once for not having a helmet when I was a rebellious fourteen year old (heading to the shops for some milk) and I managed not to get a fine, I had no ID, wallet or phone only the $2 in my pocket, AND I WAS POLITE. Well, I was rebellious on the outside, but I would've been an endangered species if my old man found me coming home with a fine for no helemt. Use your brain-buckets kiddies.

johann

Squid
sorry to bring up the helmet. but i feel that if you dont wear it, its not up to the cops to let you have it, if you hurt urself because your not wearing it, its your fault. pigs should piss off and let us be. but dude wear a helmet. as for confiscated bike thats the dumbest thing ive heard ok we dnt have reflectors but other than that i know my bike is safer than any kmart bike out there. and i feel that pigs are out to get bikers as my mate has been pulled up numerous times just because he hopped up the gutter.

arpit

Banned
I've almost killed or crippled many cyclists who have decided to ride at night without lights. I hope the police fine more people who ride at night without lights . Not would a collision with one of the riders injure me if I were riding a pushbike, it would also waste my time, even if I were driving my car. If the riders without lights rode as though they were driving a vehicle, there wouldn't be a problem. My headlights would illuminate them. Instead, however, they tend to ride as though they are high or drunk.

oh and to the dude who was complaining about police having it in for cyclists...

First of all, you aren't a biker. You are a cyclist. Police have it in for bikers, not cyclists.

I think the police just have it in for your friend. When I used to ride without a helmet, I never had any trouble from the police. I've never had trouble from the police when I lanesplit, ride on the footpath, or do a wheelie or endo. I never have trouble from the police when I exceed the speed limit. Police have often given my special privileges because I've been riding a bicycle. If there is a long traffic jam caused by a crash, the police will frequently signal to me to hop on the footpath or lanesplit, if I wasn't doing so already. Police have also directed me to ride through roadblocks they've set up.

Maybe it's just becasue you are a kid - the police feel their parental instincts, and want to protect you.

Last edited:

Tallman

Likes Dirt
so i got pulled up for riding through the tunnel out of central station towards tafe, and the cops said to me i shouldnt be riding in there

they then asked what primary skool i went to because i wasnt wearing a helmet and evidentally it was common knowledge in grade 2, along with reflectors and all that other stuff

SO... i said well i dont have a helmet or reflectors, and she looked at my bike and said, do those breaks work? (avid juicy 5's) and i said only just, then she said i should have reflectors and a warning device to let people know i was coming,

i laughed and said what are you gonna do defect my bike. and she said she can confiscate it of me if she wants... WTF???

a similar thing happened at cronulla, i was walking my demo with my fox riding gloves but without a helmet and the police pulled me up and said wheres your helmet, i said i dont have one thats why im walking. and he said well dont ride it cause i would hate to confiscate such a nice bike.

i walked off and watched him sit by and chat to his mate as about 6 other people on shitty lil cruisers went past without helmets and thought WTF???

very annoyed, thoughts??

and no i dont wanna hear about my lack of helmet

Sounds to me like you were being a total smart arse. Firstly it is the law to wear a helmet, so if the cop was kind enough to let you off without a fine or written warning or anything along those lines you should be grateful for it. Cops are here, though it may seem otherwise, to keep us safe and protect us, so the two cops that have talked to you have just been doing their job. It is also illegal to ride on the footpath when your over the age of 12 or something, but everyone does it, that still doesn't make it legal, so if you get a pissed off copper then he can and may also give you a fine, even though most just turn a blind eye really. I've even ridden past two cops walking on the footpath one day and said g'day, they were fine with it, but still.....just treat people who are doing their job with respect eh?

So have some respect, obey the law, and don't be a smart arse.

Also, your not doing much for the biking community riding without a helmet and being a smart arse to people who are around to help us, just remember it buddy. So maybe if everyone keeps annoying cops by being smart arse's not wearing helmets, we can get all coppers to hate anyone on a bike, that'd be great...

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i walked off and watched him sit by and chat to his mate as about 6 other people on shitty lil cruisers went past without helmets and thought WTF???
Could it be that they targeted you because you had such an expensive bike? like 'shitty lil crusier's' compared to a demo is like comparing a lamboghini to a 2nd hand $500 bomb. maybe they targeted you cause you had such a nice bike, and they found a small thing to get you for 'no-helmet'. Police can be judgemental too which is really unfair epscially if they other's were RIDING and you weren't even riding and they did nothing to them. STUPID

matty_101

Likes Dirt
pigs should piss off and let us be.
How old are you, i used to think cops were bad when i was 12 and listened to eminem so im guessing youre not much older? Their job is to protect us, and if youre too stupid to see that then i hope that they give you shit until you realise.