Stupid Laws

Mojo

Likes Dirt
so i got pulled up for riding through the tunnel out of central station towards tafe, and the cops said to me i shouldnt be riding in there

they then asked what primary skool i went to because i wasnt wearing a helmet and evidentally it was common knowledge in grade 2, along with reflectors and all that other stuff

SO... i said well i dont have a helmet or reflectors, and she looked at my bike and said, do those breaks work? (avid juicy 5's) and i said only just, then she said i should have reflectors and a warning device to let people know i was coming,

i laughed and said what are you gonna do defect my bike. and she said she can confiscate it of me if she wants... WTF???

a similar thing happened at cronulla, i was walking my demo with my fox riding gloves but without a helmet and the police pulled me up and said wheres your helmet, i said i dont have one thats why im walking. and he said well dont ride it cause i would hate to confiscate such a nice bike.

i walked off and watched him sit by and chat to his mate as about 6 other people on shitty lil cruisers went past without helmets and thought WTF???

very annoyed, thoughts??

and no i dont wanna hear about my lack of helmet

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
some cops are just assholes i wouldnt let it get to ya just be a smartass to em they cant do anything about that (i dont think , can they?)

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
SO... i said well i dont have a helmet or reflectors, and she looked at my bike and said, do those breaks work? (avid juicy 5's) and i said only just, then she said i should have reflectors and a warning device to let people know i was coming,

i laughed and said what are you gonna do defect my bike. and she said she can confiscate it of me if she wants... WTF???
Sounds like you were being a smartarse and deserved to get done... I'm sure your making things a lot easier for all the other cyclists out there as well.

Last edited:

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
some cops are just assholes i wouldnt let it get to ya just be a smartass to em they cant do anything about that (i dont think , can they?)
Again... What's your problem... I have run into police multiple times for various offences (speeding, drinking in public, public nuisance, riding without a helmet etc) They are actually people, If your not a smartarse and show even just a hint of intelligence (obviously this is where you two went wrong)you shouldn't have any problems

Matt H

Eats Squid
You're riding without a helmet. You deserve to have your bike temporarily confiscated. Although I guess helmets mess up your hair and then you have to re-do it all over again... :rolleyes:

Rik

logged out
Hah, Ultimo TAFE on a Tuesday eh? Now all I have to do is figure out which bike is yours and let its tyres down :D

Mojo

Likes Dirt
Again... What's your problem... I have run into police multiple times for various offences (speeding, drinking in public, public nuisance, riding without a helmet etc) They are actually people, If your not a smartarse and show even just a hint of intelligence (obviously this is where you two went wrong)you shouldn't have any problems
dont get sidetracked, this is about the fact that they want to confiscate my bike because of its lack of safety equipment on a bicycle, haha, a common place household bike, that we all had when were kids, they think they can confiscate it because it doesnt have reflectors, go jump off a cliff i say!

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well i have never been introuble with the cops i actually have a neighbour who is a cop and he told the best way to get out of some things with some cops is to have a joke with em well thats what he said anyways i thonk your advice is better but still being a smartass is funnier maybe not as fun when your in jail though

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so i got pulled up for riding through the tunnel out of central station towards tafe, and the cops said to me i shouldnt be riding in there

they then asked what primary skool i went to because i wasnt wearing a helmet and evidentally it was common knowledge in grade 2, along with reflectors and all that other stuff

Bad idea laughing at a police officer.
And she probably has the authority to confiscate your bike.
Also, i think its australian law to have reflectors on your bike?

Mojo

Likes Dirt
Hah, Ultimo TAFE on a Tuesday eh? Now all I have to do is figure out which bike is yours and let its tyres down :D
haha you will never find me on my stp with camo pink rims! it blends in like an elephant. mwahaha

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
a similar thing happened at cronulla, i was walking my demo with my fox riding gloves but without a helmet
Well isnt it obvious ?
They must have caught all the freedom fighters bent on jihad. So thats left them time to pick on the murderers,rapists and drug dealers ........oh and kids without helmets.........:rolleyes:

Mojo

Likes Dirt
Well isnt it obvious ?
They must have caught all the freedom fighters bent on jihad. So thats left them time to pick on the murderers,rapists and drug dealers ........oh and kids without helmets.........:rolleyes:
haha i like you. but seriously, i wasnt even riding and they pulled me up, unlike the other people on crap bikes that were riding in circles around them

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well i have never been introuble with the cops i actually have a neighbour who is a cop and he told the best way to get out of some things with some cops is to have a joke with em well thats what he said anyways i thonk your advice is better but still being a smartass is funnier maybe not as fun when your in jail though
He's on the money, but there's a big difference between being a smartarse and having a joke... and you wonder why cops give teenagers such a hard time...

dont get sidetracked, this is about the fact that they want to confiscate my bike because of its lack of safety equipment on a bicycle, haha, a common place household bike, that we all had when were kids, they think they can confiscate it because it doesnt have reflectors, go jump off a cliff i say!
Don't get me wrong, I share the same opinion, but how hard is it just to take it on the chin and apologise. "what are you gonna do, defect my bike" just makes it sound like you were being a cock

chase1

Likes Dirt

a similar thing happened at cronulla, i was walking my demo with my fox riding gloves but without a helmet and the police pulled me up and said wheres your helmet, i said i dont have one thats why im walking. and he said well dont ride it cause i would hate to confiscate such a nice bike.

i walked off and watched him sit by and chat to his mate as about 6 other people on shitty lil cruisers went past without helmets and thought WTF???

very annoyed, thoughts??

hey mate, for some reason i've fot the feeling that this thread is not going the way you had planned.
everyone just seems to be paying you out and saying it's your fault that the cops were acting that way. And i agree with them. In my experiences if you talk nice to cops and have a joke around with them and act sorry that you did what you did and they will treat you so much better and if they ever come across you again they seem to not be so mean and just say that your a nice kid and will leave you alone.

Mojo

Likes Dirt
Don't get me wrong, I share the same opinion, but how hard is it just to take it on the chin and apologise. "what are you gonna do, defect my bike" just makes it sound like you were being a cock
haha i couldnt help myself i wasnt gonna go down crying in the fetal position, its just not my style:p

hey mate, for some reason i've fot the feeling that this thread is not going the way you had planned.
everyone just seems to be paying you out and saying it's your fault that the cops were acting that way. And i agree with them. In my experiences if you talk nice to cops and have a joke around with them and act sorry that you did what you did and they will treat you so much better and if they ever come across you again they seem to not be so mean and just say that your a nice kid and will leave you alone.
haha i ended up having a massive convo with one of them about mech eng, he said he used to do it too and was telling me about all the things that he used to do, haha, and i did get out of it with a warning, but the reflectors and bell and confiscating thing, cummon so much for a free country, they can take your bike for not having a set of reflectors and a bell?

Last edited:

matt.l

Likes Dirt
Its not, you just have to a working bell, and a helmet.
good thing i've got my bell then:p

It's not that hard to be nice to a cop(I think) but I would rather ride my bike home than walking home without my bike because it's been confiscated:)