Stupid Laws

Mojo

Likes Dirt
I was approached by the police and offered a fine for sitting on my bike without a helmet. I was stationary, and the police hadn't witnessed me riding, as I'd been talking on the phone for roughly 10minutes in that spot.

Sometimes their time can be better spent...
haha ah i would have loved to have been there to hear the rebuttle to that, that was like mine, i saw the cops a mile off so i got off and walked past them, and they singled me out when i was walking, even though i saw other ride past them care free

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sort of offtopic
but i've heard of cops defecting stock cars on a showroom floor, and even cars on a trailer coming from the drag strip.

it's really how much of an impact they want to have on the locals or community.

we never know, but there could have been a case where a bunch of riders caused trouble and they are just doing their job by looking out for them. who knows really. all i can tell everyone is i got away from coppers on numerous times just for being polite and nice. that doesn't mean i didn't get done.

Cletus

Likes Dirt
i know you don't want us all going on about your helmet, but for fucks sake... why dont you just put one on? some of them actually look cool these days, and i'd bet if you had one one you would'nt have been hassled by the cops in the first place.
this attitude about helmet's really pisses me off, and whats worse is a rider that has his helmet on his handlebars whilst riding. surely a helmet banging on your knees has to be more annoying than it being on your head?
just put a helmet on mate, its not that hard.

oh and the guy (who supposedly was'nt riding:rolleyes:) who had his fox gloves on but no helmet... your a loser, nothing but. get a fucking helmet.

Plow King

Little bit.
so i got pulled up for riding through the tunnel out of central station towards tafe, and the cops said to me i shouldnt be riding in there

they then asked what primary skool i went to because i wasnt wearing a helmet and evidentally it was common knowledge in grade 2, along with reflectors and all that other stuff

SO... i said well i dont have a helmet or reflectors, and she looked at my bike and said, do those breaks work? (avid juicy 5's) and i said only just, then she said i should have reflectors and a warning device to let people know i was coming,

i laughed and said what are you gonna do defect my bike. and she said she can confiscate it of me if she wants... WTF???

a similar thing happened at cronulla, i was walking my demo with my fox riding gloves but without a helmet and the police pulled me up and said wheres your helmet, i said i dont have one thats why im walking. and he said well dont ride it cause i would hate to confiscate such a nice bike.

i walked off and watched him sit by and chat to his mate as about 6 other people on shitty lil cruisers went past without helmets and thought WTF???

very annoyed, thoughts??

and no i dont wanna hear about my lack of helmet
You kidding? You should of been wearing a helmet, they are made for a reason, to protect people. you think they want people wearing them just to look funny? "LOL TAHT KID IS WEERIN A HELMET HE LUKS LIEK AN IDIOT."

And I don't think questioning the cops motif, and the law was that smart either.

Mojo

Likes Dirt
oh and the guy (who supposedly was'nt riding:rolleyes:) who had his fox gloves on but no helmet... your a loser, nothing but. get a fucking helmet.
OK E-PENIS MAN thanks for your pointless comment

if you actually read the thread you will see about the agreed helmet issues, nobody cares about it anymore, and we all know you should wear one, get over it

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pffft, i personally hate that,"it's against the law not to wear a helmet" bull crap.I'm not going to go into detail cause it just aggrevates me.

Partial reason as to why i listen to the song from N.W.A

If ya know it.(will not disclose title)Also don't care what you think of me.So pfffffft.

Meh,it has got me a bit testy now.I kinda think of it as another way for them to get at us,yes they're just watching out for our safety,or so they tell us.Soon we'll have to register i bicycles and go through all the paper work crap just like cars have to.

Like here in the shire(i know i'm jumping about waving my arms) there was a proposal to make a cycle way from one point to another,but NOOOOO it's too expensive yet it';s ok to be scrapping people off that roads that happen to be wearing helmets.

I think i need to do my "WOOSSSAAAA" treatment or something.

What about other forms of transport ie: roller blades and skate boards,why aint it compulsory for them to wear head protection aye!Or persons in wheel chairs,thats dangerous.Hell for the sake of it might as well make runners wear one too.

Last edited:

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Pffft, i personally hate that,"it's against the law not to wear a helmet" bull crap.I'm not going to go into detail cause it just aggrevates me.

Partial reason as to why i listen to the song from N.W.A

If ya know it.(will not disclose title)Also don't care what you think of me.So pfffffft.

Meh,it has got me a bit testy now.I kinda think of it as another way for them to get at us,yes they're just watching out for our safety,or so they tell us.Soon we'll have to register i bicycles and go through all the paper work crap just like cars have to.

Like here in the shire(i know i'm jumping about waving my arms) there was a proposal to make a cycle way from one point to another,but NOOOOO it's too expensive yet it';s ok to be scrapping people off that roads that happen to be wearing helmets.

I think i need to do my "WOOSSSAAAA" treatment or something.

What about other forms of transport ie: roller blades and skate boards,why aint it compulsory for them to wear head protection aye!Or persons in wheel chairs,thats dangerous.Hell for the sake of it might as well make runners wear one too.
Jesus that is a crap argument.
The proposed cycle way may be too expensive because of the council liability insurance to cover users who are too stupid to wear helmets.

It could be worse, you could listen to Ice Ts rock band, Bodycount. ;)

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's the law to wear a securely attached helmet that is approved by the blah blah blah people whilst riding a bicycle.This bike must also have reflectors-red on the rear and clear on the front.Wheels must have yellow reflectors and if possible reflectors to be fitted to pedals.Whilst travelling at night the push bicycle must have the use of a clear bright light on the front a a visible working rear red light.

Thats just some of things i know that must be on a bicycle to make it road worthy.Laws won't change so we can only just be rebels and not wear or use suitable and approved equipent whilst on a bicycle.

(was this enough rambling crap?)

wtr

Likes Dirt
OK E-PENIS MAN thanks for your pointless comment

if you actually read the thread you will see about the agreed helmet issues, nobody cares about it anymore, and we all know you should wear one, get over it
With an attitude like that, I for one won't doubt how you are as a person behind the keyboard. Call me condescending all you like, but save every pages of this thread and view them again couple of years down the track. Maybe then you would've hopefully passed the "fakk da poll-lees" phase and realised you just can't "fuck the law".

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The other issue with the helmet is that if you are not wearing one, cops can see it a mile off, so if they want to hassle you it makes you an easy target. If they see someone on a bike with a helmet on, they probably won't worry about looking to see if you have a brake or reflectors etc.

Mojo

Likes Dirt
With an attitude like that, I for one won't doubt how you are as a person behind the keyboard. Call me condescending all you like, but save every pages of this thread and view them again couple of years down the track. Maybe then you would've hopefully passed the "fakk da poll-lees" phase and realised you just can't "fuck the law".
i had thought this thread was past the fact that i realised that its stupid not to wear a helmet for obvious reasons and i dont really care about being fined for it as its my own persopnal choice. i WAS trying to relate this back to the law where they can confiscate your bike for lack of other things like reflectors and warning devices and not just the people on them not wearing helmets.

i understand why you should wear a helmet i just belive it should be your own choice as its your head and your body!

so hopefully you can give up the rant about me being so juvenile towards police and continue on with your opinion on what you consider fair when it comes to confiscating a bike because of lack of reflectors. i dont need to hear opinions on who i am...

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I recon the law about you have to ride on the road if your over 12 is stupid. I mean here we are on these massive dh things how do they expect us to not piss off the cars? Then when we get on the foot path some guy has a go at you for riding there? I mean its pretty obvious when it is appropriate to ride on the road or footpath but the law is stupid!
What else gets up my nose is SPOON MAN on MMM (104.9) i think just about every night he has a go at riders and how we always disobey the law!

Cooch

Likes Dirt
What else gets up my nose is SPOON MAN on MMM (104.9) i think just about every night he has a go at riders and how we always disobey the law!
Find out where he works and what time he generally arrives to work or finishes. Then organise 50 or so riders to continually lap the building at said time, blocking all traffic coming into or leaving the building (assuming he parks there)... You'd only need to lap the building for 15 mins or so, causing total chaos! :D Then you all ride away and leave him to the traffic...

scblack

Leucocholic
i understand why you should wear a helmet i just belive it should be your own choice as its your head and your body!

so hopefully you can give up the rant about me being so juvenile towards police and continue on with your opinion on what you consider fair when it comes to confiscating a bike because of lack of reflectors. i dont need to hear opinions on who i am...
No-one gives a flying f**k about your head.:rolleyes: Smash it to pieces for all we care.

When you grow up and start paying taxes for the dumb f**ks who splat their heads without a helmet, you will get a clue where people are coming from.

At least you are not carrying on like a bitching kid on this thread, which is good, but you have a LOT of growing up to do.

The juvenile bit towards police is a fact - you need to realise these people are there for EVERYBODY's benefit, and like me, they could not give two flying f**ks about a 12year old kid who mouths off.

Police have that authority, and your little bitching about a confiscated bike is just water under the bridge.

Grow up and deal with the fact the world does not revolve around your precious little bike.:rolleyes:

Minical2233

Banned
Hey
I think you got abit slaughted on this thread, sucks to hear you got the pull a few times in a row.
Wear you piss-pot, you might find youself a nice huck on the way to and from Tafe.

Myself, ile continue to wear the gear, helmet, because i like my head, easy said, but it would be pritty stupid if myself got pulled up for not having reflectors and a bell while on the path in broad daylight, just what i think anyway. Just asking, still bench the odd 110, or you doubled it lol ??

MiniCalo

Last edited:

baden72

Likes Bikes
yeah well some cops pulled me over for not wearing a helmet and told me that i had to walk it home, and if he saw me riding it home he would give me a fine so when i was crossing the road i jumped off my bike pulled my pants down and mooned him untill he got in his car. then i rode as fast as i could:p

Mojo

Likes Dirt
No-one gives a flying f**k about your head.:rolleyes: Smash it to pieces for all we care.

When you grow up and start paying taxes for the dumb f**ks who splat their heads without a helmet, you will get a clue where people are coming from.

At least you are not carrying on like a bitching kid on this thread, which is good, but you have a LOT of growing up to do.

The juvenile bit towards police is a fact - you need to realise these people are there for EVERYBODY's benefit, and like me, they could not give two flying f**ks about a 12year old kid who mouths off.

Police have that authority, and your little bitching about a confiscated bike is just water under the bridge.

Grow up and deal with the fact the world does not revolve around your precious little bike.:rolleyes:
now who's bitching, seriously, i pay taxes, and my own medical costs, so what are you going on about, stop being so sterotypical because you think im a little kid whining about the cops.

im so sorry i didnt realise they could confiscate your bike. obviously you think you can get cheap hits on me by assuming im someone im not.

i think you need to think a lil more before you type

wtr

Likes Dirt
The point I'm trying to get across is that the policeshouldn't be subjected to pointless quarrels and sarcasm simply because there's a general perception in the public that them coppers are an inept bunch of hair-splitting bullies. They wouldn't take interest in anyone unless it was worthwhile. Too many mentions of all cops are crooked rather than vice versa, but really, is that what you wanted to believe in? Does everything in life always goes by the book?

How difficult can it be to swallow your pride and not bicker over trivial issues? If you really are as matured as you claim to be, why would other members think of you as such?

scratchy

Farkin Activist
yeah well some cops pulled me over for not wearing a helmet and told me that i had to walk it home, and if he saw me riding it home he would give me a fine so when i was crossing the road i jumped off my bike pulled my pants down and mooned him untill he got in his car. then i rode as fast as i could:p
Just making it easier for the next rider that cop comes across.

Idiot