Signa Sports with Liquidity issues .... (CRC/Wiggle/Probike/Nukeproof/Vitus)

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I ordered something a few weeks ago that made it into aramex's hands. I asked CRC if they could locate the package. Crickets for days and then this morning I got an email saying the courier had declared it lost and they had sent me a refund. Their choice of shipping agents is not doing them any favours but they are still functioning (and costing themselves money too).

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
noticed the ragleys on sale went from 2100 up to 2500 for the black friday sales. Was working on a UK client vpn last night and pottering as i do, and the price there was 1096GBP, the same as the 2100 no longer offered to AU. i guess its normal to have different prices per market, the different in GST/VAT doesnt cover that guess i'll keep window shopping until i convince my self on way or another.

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Not gonna lie, I snagged a deal on some shoes and have decided to take the punt. Needed a tyre to get to free postage. Fingers crossed :eek:
I’m getting tempted to grab some dhb gear and some cheap commuter road tyres for the old 26er hardtail… There are bargains to be had im game to do my dough if they go completely tits up…

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@tubby74 I have a used ragley frame that we could work out a deal on if you really want one...I'm a much safer bet than CRC/wiggle at the moment. I did/do have plans for it, but I'm also lazy and busy.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
noticed the ragleys on sale went from 2100 up to 2500 for the black friday sales. Was working on a UK client vpn last night and pottering as i do, and the price there was 1096GBP, the same as the 2100 no longer offered to AU. i guess its normal to have different prices per market, the different in GST/VAT doesnt cover that guess i'll keep window shopping until i convince my self on way or another.
CRC/Wiggle are saved!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Slightly worried, got an email from pushys about a new website. Pleasantly surprised it's not too much of a change, seems to still work at least as bad as it used to.
Same, website is the same just refreshed colours and graphics. Seriously I don’t need 47 listings of a particular model rear shock one link and a drop down list of available sizes.:rolleyes:

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Loved walking through their showroom, was probably the nicest one around. Only realised they had a separate service location a month ago. Bought bits and pieces here and there but whenever I used to look at their website it was never up to date with stock and prices were full retail. Not sure why someone would buy from them online as opposed to MTBD or Pushys...

Flow-Rider

Burner
Loved walking through their showroom, was probably the nicest one around. Only realised they had a separate service location a month ago. Bought bits and pieces here and there but whenever I used to look at their website it was never up to date with stock and prices were full retail. Not sure why someone would buy from them online as opposed to MTBD or Pushys...
It's a shame they're closing the service side of the shop, it's a legacy mountain bike store to Brisbane. The original owner started it from under their house and then went on to start MTB Direct. The second owner did well keeping it running this long, once other bike shops saw the type of money they were making they copied them, and then it became more competitive. I suppose now they'll focus on online sales and it will get better.

Haakon

Wish me luck, a wiggle order placed! A cracking bargain if it arrives, and an amount of money that will be annoying to lose but not the end of the world.

Haakon

Some Lifeline tyres for the Mongoose conversion to commuter duties and yes some DHB and Lifeline stuff that was on sale :)

The DHB windproof winter jackets are not on sale, but i'd like at least another one of those should there be a real firesafe.

nathanm

Eats Squid
I’m getting tempted to grab some dhb gear and some cheap commuter road tyres for the old 26er hardtail… There are bargains to be had im game to do my dough if they go completely tits up…
Can you grab me a couple of cheap nukeproof BBS and a tyre pressure guage whilst you're at it. Went to order them not 5 minutes ago but freight was $70 as order was under $200. They're having a laugh.

Haakon

Can you grab me a couple of cheap nukeproof BBS and a tyre pressure guage whilst you're at it. Went to order them not 5 minutes ago but freight was $70 as order was under $200. They're having a laugh.
Whoops, already ordered. I did order a bit over 200 to get free delivery - its been a matter of waiting to order enough stuff to get free delivery for a while now...