Signa Sports with Liquidity issues .... (CRC/Wiggle/Probike/Nukeproof/Vitus)

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Including the comments under ^ that article, that's now twice in the last week I've read that Bike24 is also in trouble.

Bike24 has gone out of favour lately as they have the majority of brands geoblocked to International sales where the other German shops, R2, BC, BD etc... though they also sell swimming, outdoor, fitness, tri and casual gear in addition to cycling.
Aren't R2 etc geoblocked too? This is for an XT 116 link chain -

Xnapper-2023-10-24-13.10.20.png

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i dont need a new bike, but i always wanted a ragley. maybe i can make it double for pottering around the neighborhood duties and get one while they are available and great value

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
i dont need a new bike, but i always wanted a ragley. maybe i can make it double for pottering around the neighborhood duties and get one while they are available and great value
Dodgy time at the moment, wait till its a liquidation sale or something is sorted out with them.

At any stage Administrators could call a freeze on assets and cash to pay suppliers. I'd wait till the dust settles and a clear direction is announced before risking a buy with either of them.

Jabubu

Well I obviously highly recommend them!

If I were buying again I think I'd go with one of these -

Jabubu

Above response was found to be missing information, please fill out additional fields below and resubmit.

...because:

...because:
I highly recommend them because they're great value, they come with standard with quality parts including tyres, and good geometry for aggressive trail riding and also longer rides. The alloy version (Big Al) was very compliant and the higher stack height suited my 195cm height well.

I'd go with a Big Wig if buying again because I've never owned a modern steel bike and having owned a Big Al, I'd love to see how this translates to steel.

K.C.

Likes Dirt
Including the comments under ^ that article, that's now twice in the last week I've read that Bike24 is also in trouble.
bnn.network/politics/rene-benkos-real-estate-empire-on-the-brink-a-crisis-unfolding
saw this link in the comments, so all this because of one guy behind sigma holding borrowing dirt cheap money to buy shit tons of company, now that the snow ball effects of interest rates gone up etc etc shit hitting the fan it seems

hopefully cashed up VC/investor vulture scoop up ragley and nukeproof in the firesale and keep em going

ozzybmx

bnn.network/politics/rene-benkos-real-estate-empire-on-the-brink-a-crisis-unfolding
saw this link in the comments, so all this because of one guy behind sigma holding borrowing dirt cheap money to buy shit tons of company, now that the snow ball effects of interest rates gone up etc etc shit hitting the fan it seems
Wiggle has been going shit for a while. They lost 15 million pounds last year, 100 million this year, these guys are investors/gamblers, its not looking good, get out.

No surprise.

ozzybmx

Sam Hill has been posting a few Nukeproof memories on Insta lately. One Nukeproof rider (DJ Brandt) has already announced his contract has been cut short. Presume others will follow.

One article I read was Evan’s was looking to buy. When they used to ship to Aus they were great and good customer service.
Ronan Dunne :(

What a great personality, he so stoked every time he gets down.

LPG

likes thicc birds
While I always felt some guilt ordering from CR instead of locally I definitely appreciated what they did and have some good memories of the earlier days. I built a couple touring bikes mostly from them, mostly obsolete MTB parts that were perfect for touring (32 hole MTB hub that doesn't suit discs at 89% off? Perfect) By the time I built my first full suspension MTB the deals were few and far between and stock wasn't good either. Local for some stuff and Ze Germans for things like spokes, rims and Magura parts was the way to go. I don't even check the prices at CR anymore before buying, it isn't worth the time as they are out of stock or no cheaper.

Must be hard for the original family seeing the business they built go down the shitter. Probably wiping their tears with 100£ notes.

ozzybmx

Must be hard for the original family seeing the business they built go down the shitter. Probably wiping their tears with 100£ notes.
Not hard at all, the Watsons are laughing.

$200,000,000au... done.

Mum and dad, avid bike riders, made an existence running a local bike shop, the little guy with the red arrow made a shop that eeked by to a shop that sold top end bikes in 1990 to advertising in MTBUK mag, to a web sales page, to the CRC website that we all loved.

Such a good Norn Irish success story. CRC done everything for the NI MTB scene, it was so good.

p4pb4422737.jpg

Flow-Rider

Burner
Not hard at all, the Watsons are laughing.

$200,000,000au... done.

Mum and dad, avid bike riders, made an existence running a local bike shop, the little guy with the red arrow made a shop that eeked by to a shop that sold top end bikes in 1990 to advertising in MTBUK mag, to a web sales page , to the CRC website that we all loved.

Such a good Norn Irish success story. CRC done everything for the NI MTB scene, it was so good.

View attachment 403793
Aye!

Calvin27

Eats Squid
CRC done everything for the NI MTB scene, it was so good.
I'd say it had a pretty significant impact on the aus market as well. When crc was rocking free delivery no minimum (remember those?) and ridiculous prices and range, it made getting into the sport a lot easier. Back then brick and mortar were pretty pricey with no competition and the likes of wiggle and cell bikes et al hadn't quite figured it out yet. I think their only legit competition was maybe jenson usa if you were willing to eat the shipping cost with a big order, or torpedo 7.