Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

binner

Hath shat hymself
Mr metal bender

had to fabricate a lower sill from sheet metal, the part painted in undercoat grey and added 8 lineal metres of fatmat (dynamat body deadener) to all doors and such

Attachments

Zam

Likes Dirt
loving this thread.
thought i'd share some pics of my little project

View attachment 235474
View attachment 235475
View attachment 235476

its a 1964 eh holden wagon, running a blown small block chev and turbo 400 combo up front, and a 4 link and 9 inch out rear, coilovers front and rear and hsv brakes, apart from that its going to look stock. should be a fun little toy :)
Only flicking through some pages now, but this caught my eye and looks pretty sweet, I was thinking about something similar, with having an EH dropped on it guts looking completely stock but getting the rear wheels widened and having a SB chev or stroked 308 under the bonnet, but ended up getting a 57 chev instead......

binner

Hath shat hymself
wired for sound

started on the new E-Z Wiring loom. Really impressed with it and so well put together, plenty of wiring already thrown in like boot light, oil send, tacho, 3rd brake, power windows, power winders, central lock, interior dome, air con..... everything I was going to add to the resto is already in the kit.
Photos are pretty boring I know...... :laugh:

Attachments

EMF

Eats Squid
top of the line

started on the new E-Z Wiring loom. Really impressed with it and so well put together, plenty of wiring already thrown in like boot light, oil send, tacho, 3rd brake, power windows, power winders, central lock, interior dome, air con..... everything I was going to add to the resto is already in the kit.
Photos are pretty boring I know...... :laugh:
the tool box is high-end

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anybody have any (new) recommendations for a 225/40 tyre? Currently using Conti SC2's and am quite happy with them, budget is around $250 ea. ~2 years ago the KU31 and Fed 595's were suggested, but is there anything else I should be looking into?

Will be buying online due to $, most likely tirerack.com.

helples

Cannon Fodder
guess ill have to add to this thread

this is my 1938 chevy pickup truck should be going for rego in the next few weeks only needs glass and rear guards atm. all the work has been done in my garage to cut costs currently owes me around 8k.

before

after (10 months after lol)

have all the build photos also if people are interested.

thanks

jeff

Toxicity

one of those boys your mother warned you about
sucks but i lost all of the build photo's, she was on 14000kms when i got her and had been sitting in storage for nearly 4 years, after a rebuild, respray and plenty of other fun things, this was the end product as of last september

dyno'd at 135bhp at rear wheel off memory

as of December it was written off, old woman pulled infront of me and i t boned her...

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt

RB25DET NEO into a GU Patrol. Should be done by now, I'm just lazy. Thinking of making a water to air top mount cooler instead of the front mount.

Suburban rider

Likes Dirt
guess ill have to add to this thread

this is my 1938 chevy pickup truck should be going for rego in the next few weeks only needs glass and rear guards atm. all the work has been done in my garage to cut costs currently owes me around 8k.

before

after (10 months after lol)

have all the build photos also if people are interested.

thanks

jeff
Awesome Build Jeff! what motor is in it, i thought holden or hemi straight 6 at first but the dizzy is in the wrong spot to be that, now i'm thinking dodge 6? can you shed some light on this for me, very interested to know what the full running gear is!

floody

Wheel size expert
RB25DET NEO into a GU Patrol. Should be done by now, I'm just lazy. Thinking of making a water to air top mount cooler instead of the front mount.
Going to be interesting...driving a stagea every day I can't see an RB25DET being very effective at all trying to drag another 600+kg of car through mud and bog and crawl up rocks and steps? Different story if its for duning or outback work I guess.

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Going to be interesting...driving a stagea every day I can't see an RB25DET being very effective at all trying to drag another 600+kg of car through mud and bog and crawl up rocks and steps? Different story if its for duning or outback work I guess.
Mate has one in his GQ. 3" exhaust, front mount and 12psi. Ran a 14.6 on smaller wheels and is much better offroad than the 2.8td