Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

binner

Hath shat hymself
going slow

had real dramas on the front skin fitting. It comes as two pieces so you have to be spot on with marrying them up together. You can see the lower pink horizontal. This is where the join is and you have to get the total drop length right plus get the lower indicator housing correct and generally measure 5 times and cut once. Lots of reference points as well to make sure its all square.

Started to add some FAT MAT (dynomat basically, but a bit cheaper) sound deadener to some panels, esp in the front skin where you normally get bad road noise. you proll cant tell unless you are a keen VW kombi freak but I also shaved the 10mm panel join kinda where the tray meets the rear cab. Its a vertical lip that they wrap the lower tray panel to the cab panel. I have always hated the look of the lip so I finally did it. Took alot of rewelding and reinforcing on the inside of the panels but now it looks super smooth. There was also a seam that ran from the roof line down to the lower sill on the rear end of the cab, so I filled that to make it a lot smoother.

Hopefully she will be painted by the weekend and I can move onto interior.

Attachments

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
no updates for a month now? anything happening on the projects?
I'm about to start grinding the interior metalwork of my brothers challenger. Stripping the chassis back to bare metal, seeing how far the cancer has made it and depending on how complex the steel is, welding up to holes or installing new sheetmetal. I'm fairly confident I can do all the needed metalwork, although there is one section I'll possibly need help with, depending on the extent of the damage. Should be fun.

binner

Hath shat hymself
good teachers

Truly jealous of your skills binner, that looks amazing!
thanks mate, I owe it all to my Dad,Grandad,Uncle and older brother, they all taught me from a real early age about mechanics,electrics,hands on skills that I use every day.

The hard stuff is done, now it's on to the fun stuff of fitting all the parts...........

toodles

Wheel size expert
Binner, that looks like crap.. What you need is a dirty old Triton covered in stickers and stubbie coolers.

binner

Hath shat hymself
CSI miami

Binner, that looks like crap.. What you need is a dirty old Triton covered in stickers and stubbie coolers.
no triton fella, buying a sweet corona CSI though for the run around car while I pilfer parts off the SC ute.