Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

Thought I'd experiment with hardtail and check out the plus thing. Popped a 27.5 2.8 Nobby Nic on the front. Fits with heaps of room on the X Fusion Sweeps and Waiting for me in the mailbox after overseas trip was a WTB Ranger 26" 2.8. Fits on a 24 mm internal rim with about 6 mm clearance on the back. Hopefully will pop disc and cassette on through week and take it from a spin.
Big rubber seems to be the go lately.
Mate swears by his 27+.
Have actually considered 26+ on my hardtail. Would fit on the back but the fork would be a tight squeeze.
Like that frame, good shapes and colours.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Not an all mountain HT, but I've squeezed in the largest tyres possible (Conti XKing 2.4s):

It's a much better bike now, even with the heavier tyres. Much!

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
Big rubber seems to be the go lately.
Mate swears by his 27+.
Have actually considered 26+ on my hardtail. Would fit on the back but the fork would be a tight squeeze.
Like that frame, good shapes and colours.
I wasn't that blown away by any extra grip with the Nobby Nic but did like the way it numbed small bumps/roots ect. Couldn't Fit a 27.5 2.8 on the back so hence the 26" plus. 26" plus Should fit a Fox float 26" no probs, I ran a 27.5 2.4 on mine for ages till a bought new forks

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
Thought I'd experiment with hardtail and check out the plus thing. Popped a 27.5 2.8 Nobby Nic on the front. Fits with heaps of room on the X Fusion Sweeps and Waiting for me in the mailbox after overseas trip was a WTB Ranger 26" 2.8. Fits on a 24 mm internal rim with about 6 mm clearance on the back. Hopefully will pop disc and cassette on through week and take it from a spin.
far out that looks cool! interested to hear how they handle, particularly in the air. Sure the extra grip and small-bump compliance would be felt on the ground but i've never been totally convinced big chunks of rotating rubber are particularly nimble when you're jumping off things

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
Nice bike and nice fork. I'm running a 350 on my duelly and couldn't be happier. I'm surprised I don't see them on more peoples rides. See them at great prices from time to time as well.

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
Nice bike and nice fork. I'm running a 350 on my duelly and couldn't be happier. I'm surprised I don't see them on more peoples rides. See them at great prices from time to time as well.
Cheers, gotta say going back to coils from having ridden air only the past few years feeels super plush... specially on botched landings which happen far too often haha

NeoNasty

Likes Dirt
I had some cash left over from a recent holiday and found a bargain frame.

I knew these were coming up for sale and managed to grab one of the two they had for sale before they dissapeared.

Hopefully build it up soon.

160m Pike, Probably set it to 140mm. SLX 1 x 10 cranks, Cheapo dropper, 11 - 42 Sunrace cassette, 30T max front chainring, 2.5 DNF and 2.3 rear DHR (maybe a 2,4 Onza Ibex), 203 & 180 rotors on Zee brakes, SLX RD and chain guide.

Should be a bunch of fun to ride.

Last edited:

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
Rangers

Got myself a 26x3 front tough casing and 26x2.8 light/fast rear on my NS Eccentric and really like these tyres. Much more grippy that tread would suggest. I much preference the tough casing as it holds it's shape better but like the 2.8 size over the 3.0 which is a fair size bigger. I think it's a great upgrade on the bike and glad I took the plunge.

I had some cash left over from a recent holiday and found a bargain frame.

I knew these were coming up for sale and managed to grab one of the two they had for sale before they dissapeared.

Hopefully build it up soon.

160m Pike, Probably set it to 140mm. SLX 1 x 10 cranks, Cheapo dropper, 11 - 42 Sunrace cassette, 30T max front chainring, 2.5 DNF and 2.3 rear DHR (maybe a 2,4 Onza Ibex), 203 & 180 rotors on Zee brakes, SLX RD and chain guide.

Should be a bunch of fun to ride.
Like that colour, was it a good price?
Looks to be a pretty nice frame. With 160mm Pike 29's it should be a weapon and even at 140mm.
Thinking of using my 29 bits off my Enduro on a HT too.
But am liking my Nukeproof Scout a lot just now.

Like that colour, was it a good price?
Looks to be a pretty nice frame. With 160mm Pike 29's it should be a weapon and even at 140mm.
Thinking of using my 29 bits off my Enduro on a HT too.
But am liking my Nukeproof Scout a lot just now.
Sure was a good price. It was a bargain, they had two 29er frames for sale and I managed to snag the first one for about 130 Euro plus shipping. I see the 27.5 is currently 340 Euro.. *shrugs*

Ideate

Are they 26 x 2.8 Rangers?
Yes. I was going to bring it today but couldn't be bothered.

.. whats it like riding back up again?
Pretty good. I have a Spitfire to reference. It's easier than that, unless you're talking about rough climbs. I leave those for the ute.

How do the Revels hold up?
Really well. Not breaking news but the Roughcut is great. Dials in really easy to my needs. Stiff as my Metrics except lighter. Not to mention they're USD so they just look cool.

Already in my PYR but pictures are fun.

ns_surge_26_plus.jpg

Last edited: