Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
You can try mine if you like. They should fit.
I'm running a 650B Marzochi 350 R at the moment. Can't find any data on the max width, but i have plenty of clearance against my 26 x 2.4 high rollers at the moment so would think it would work.

Sounds good either way! Will shoot you a message when I eventually get around to riding the Yangs or Warby and if you're there i'd love to take up the offer for a couple runs haha
Planning on switching up to some 650b's around tax time but this might change my mind :whistle:

Ideate

... i'd love to take up the offer for a couple runs haha
Planning on switching up to some 650b's around tax time but this might change my mind :whistle:
Sweet! Easter we're suppose to be going to Thredbo but not sure what the gang is doing. Otherwise let me know when you're going out for a ride and I'll see if I can join (especially if it's Bright!).

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
Sweet! Easter we're suppose to be going to Thredbo but not sure what the gang is doing. Otherwise let me know when you're going out for a ride and I'll see if I can join (especially if it's Bright!).
Planning a weekender with my pals to Bright in May before winter sets in, will either be the 27th or 13th dependent on weather at this point. If you want to link up in Bright around the same time that would probably work out, i'll keep you posted as the date gets closer.

April is pretty much a write off long-weekend wise, most of the dudes i ride with are a bit older than me and so have wives, kids, etc to attend to. I'm also headed away during that period for a non biking holiday

Ideate

BlueDirt. shuttled with them there a few months ago and they were on point. Barely any waiting time and always a shuttle available at the bottom when we got back.
Cool! I've been about 8 times with them this season and they've been fairly consistent. When the GF is with me I make her drive me up if I'm waiting though ;)

Haylex

Likes Dirt
How do those 2.8 feel on 'normal' width wheels, not too floppy? Revels do look cool.

I actually just raided my 650b wheelset and fork off my HT because needed on another bike, and replaced it with my surplus 160 26 pike and wheelset. And I think I honestly prefer it :spy:

Its certainly more nimble, cant escape basic physics I guess. I was worried that id be crank bashing everything but it seems ok one ride in.

Soul-Rider

Likes Dirt
IMG_4332.JPG

Gidday Burners! Here is my Canfield Nimble 9 in her current guise.
2.8 WTB Trail Blazer's have replaced 2.4 Maxxis on 650b Carbon Specialized Traverse SL wheels. It's a very swish looking setup but I'm not really convinced by the 2.8's.

I bought the trail blazers because they were on sale, not because they were brilliant. They roll well but don't seem much wider than the tires they replaced. In fact they look more like 2.5's than 2.8's. They do roll well over bumps, but so did the 29x 2.4 Maxxis and the maxxis don't turn to shit if the pressure varies by 2 psi. I'm going to keep using them for a little longer but sooner or later the 650b wheels will have to back to their donor bike and the 29's will go back on the Canfield, perhaps DHR2's front and back.

Last edited:

Soul-Rider

Likes Dirt
It's been great! So much fun to ride and the sparkly candy blue paint job is sweet!!!

The back end is ultra short and the front isn't bonkers long, so fun takes a precedence over stability. But I've done DH races on it and had a ball (and a slower run means your entry fee is better value!)

Finally, I can only fit a 125 mm dropper seat post on it. Now, that wasn't a problem until I put a 150mm on another bike. A bigger post would be sweet.

The 2017 version has probably covered most of my issues, and the paint job is even crazier, but im a very happy camper on my Canfield and the guys at Crankin.net.au are really good to deal with too.

Happy trails!

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
I actually just raided my 650b wheelset and fork off my HT because needed on another bike, and replaced it with my surplus 160 26 pike and wheelset. And I think I honestly prefer it :spy:

Its certainly more nimble, cant escape basic physics I guess. I was worried that id be crank bashing everything but it seems ok one ride in.

26" wheels + low BB from a 650B frame equates to a whole lot of fun as i've found out. Don't find myself going as quick as guys with bigger wheels but I'll be damned if i'm not jumping off/over/around every root/ledge/drop i see :bananapartyhat:

Bike looks great, love the stealth look you've got going on.

Last edited:

Haylex

Likes Dirt
26" wheels + low BB from a 650B frame equates to a whole lot of fun as i've found out. Don't find myself going as quick as guys with bigger wheels but I'll be damned if i'm not jumping off/over/around every root/ledge/drop i see :bananapartyhat:

Bike looks great, love the stealth look you've got going on.
For sure, i'ts definitely a cornering fiend with the even lower BB with 26in, but the difference is subtle. Few rides in now and according to Strava its no slower than when I had it set up as 650b which is a surprise, I was almost expecting it to be a disaster ...... makes me a little frustrated with the industry for all but removing 26 as an option for riders.

It probably helps that I am 5'10 60-65kg, so maybe smaller wheels just suit me, I dunno. I'm yet to try a modern geo 29er, I'd be curious to see if it works for me

repost in 650b mode:

agentninety3

Likes Dirt
The 2017 version has probably covered most of my issues, and the paint job is even crazier, but im a very happy camper on my Canfield and the guys at Crankin.net.au are really good to deal with too.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did the frame set you back?

Soul-Rider

Likes Dirt
If you don't mind me asking, how much did the frame set you back?
I bought it just after a big price hike that kinda stung. I think that it was about $1200 or so. But the guys at Crankin.net.au came to the party with a few insentives to lesson the burn.

Canfield may be selling exclusively on line now, so I'm not sure how the pricing has changed.

http://store.canfieldbrothers.com/frames/canfield-brothers-nimble-9-boost.html

Crankin still have some carbon hard tails on their website.

So I'm a bit of a fiddler....
Have since had new rims put on, put in an internally routed dropper and gone singlespeed
A pair of Octane One rims that a mate laced up for me, this made it possible to set up tubeless. The others wouldn't hold air.
I like them, they were pretty cheap and are a good 25mm wide internally. Plus the colour matched perfectly, bonus points there.
Dropper is an X-fusion hi-lo, good post with nice action but not keen on the seat clamp. Bit creaky. Shimmed the seatpost with some Emu Export can.
And SS because I felt like it. It's actually my get fit plan and works for the terrain around here. 32/16 is manageable, have an 18t on the hub that I can swap to relatively easily as well.
And the more I ride this bike the more I like it. I'd certainly recommend them
20170327_164111 resize.jpg

NeoNasty

Likes Dirt
After ordering the wrong headset (heres a tip. Wait until you've got the frame before you order wildly.) the rest of my parts came in today.

I fitted everything up and took it for a spin around my backyard. So far, so good.

I need to fit some protective tape for cable rubbing and a tube around the chainstay for protection, and my front mudguard. *since photos I've fitted the bar ends*

First ride tomorrow, I'm sure some adjustments will have to be done.

Parts run down:
Titus 'El Chulo' 29er frame from On One UK.
Pike currently at 160mm
11-42 10 speed Sunrace cassette
750mm Specialized bars
Zee Brakes @ 200 & 180
Specialized Wheelset internal 29mm wide
SLX M7000 crank and 30 Tooth ring (cant fit any bigger)
KS under seat dropper.
Minion DHs 2.5 front and 2.3 rear.

Built on a budget and should be a crap load of fun.

Plenty of clearance on 29 x 2.3 Maxxis DHRs. I should be able to fit plenty of larger tyre in there if required.

Soul-Rider

Likes Dirt
What's up with the inner tube on the bottle cage? Is that some kind of Pro speed secret that I've missed out on?

PS. The Vitus looks great. Sweet build!

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I bought it just after a big price hike that kinda stung. I think that it was about $1200 or so. But the guys at Crankin.net.au came to the party with a few insentives to lesson the burn.

Canfield may be selling exclusively on line now, so I'm not sure how the pricing has changed.

http://store.canfieldbrothers.com/frames/canfield-brothers-nimble-9-boost.html

Crankin still have some carbon hard tails on their website.
Crankin still sell Nimble 9s etc just not always listed on crankin.net.au as the price fluctuates so much and there's so many options. Price is much the same as on Canfield site but Crankin offer discounts on parts to help keep build costs down. Write to sales@crankin.net.auto order or find out more. just Balance and Riots are no longer cost effective.
That shot doesn't do the Blue of your frame justice Soul Rider. I might have to try some phat 27.5s myself.

Last edited:

NeoNasty

Likes Dirt
What's up with the inner tube on the bottle cage? Is that some kind of Pro speed secret that I've missed out on?

PS. The Vitus looks great. Sweet build!
Ah yes, The dark secrets of the pros....

Nah, I just don't like keeping my tools and first aid kit on my back. I keep as much as I can in a container that slips in there. I had it bounce out a couple of times and just tied this over the top before a Mt Buller run. Zero problems since.