Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

Rider_of_Bikes

Likes Dirt
Not mine, but i built it for a friend...

Chromag Samurai 65. Hand welded in Squamish. Full XT 2 x 11 groupset, stans arc rims on DT 350 hubs, Chromag bars, stem, seat clamp, Fox fork and dropper.

Such a rad machine...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Hot damn, that thing is trick !! Sweet ride !!
Damn dude, that thing is awesome. Got some mad hardtail envy.
It really is awesome. I built it up originally as a bitsa bike to use spare parts but its pretty much become my go to bike :tape2:

Not mine, but i built it for a friend...

Chromag Samurai 65.
Love chromag's work. Wish they were more affordable but you cant deny the quality.

Brother Maynard

Likes Bikes
#26aintdead

Built up this On One 456 Evo II over the last couple months.

It's quite a fun bike, especially since i added a dropper and the pictured wheelset. 29mm internal plus 2.4" tyre on the front made a massive difference to the ride.
Do wish it had a 44mm headtube, it's very hard to find a decent fork with a straight steerer, would love a bit more stiffness up front. Anyone got a set of straight steerer revelations they'd like to part with? :)

Small changes left on the wishlist are some wider bars, a wolftooth dropper remote lever and a one-up chain/bash guard.

NeoNasty

Likes Dirt
Few little changes, new 150mm 34, m675 brakes, DHF up front and my preferred bars. Such a fun bike

Awesome! I bet that's a BUNCH of fun.

Here's my 29er do it all bike.

Started off as a cross country bike and has had updated over time.
Recently, I got rid of the Fox 32 Evo 100, QR fork for an Xfusion Slant 120. Its a great upgrade, but I still need to wear it in.
Also, new NW Raceface ring, Carbon bars, grips, headset, and shorter stem. Rides a little differently now.

Here is it unwashed from todays ride in Gembrook.

Juan Dinger

Likes Bikes
It really is awesome. I built it up originally as a bitsa bike to use spare parts but its pretty much become my go to bike :tape2:
Excuse the ignorance, but what is it ?? :noidea:

I am thinking of ditching the idea of a full-sus bike and going for a gnarly hardtail instead. 150-160mm fork and good components. Comes in at a budget I am happy with and thing should be super trick. Suits most trails in Australia realistically, and I enjoy a challenge.

Haylex

Likes Dirt
It's a steel NS eccentric.

CRC has the frames for about ~550 clams at the moment.

Built up this On One 456 Evo II over the last couple months.

It's quite a fun bike, especially since i added a dropper and the pictured wheelset. 29mm internal plus 2.4" tyre on the front made a massive difference to the ride.
Do wish it had a 44mm headtube, it's very hard to find a decent fork with a straight steerer, would love a bit more stiffness up front. Anyone got a set of straight steerer revelations they'd like to part with? :)
Dropper posts, wide wheels and big bag tyres maketh the hardtail :love:

Last edited:

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
Came to the realization i don't really need dual suspension for the majority of my riding and bought an NS Surge on special during CRC sales recently.
Just finished assembling this arvo and took her for a quick spin around the block, i have definitely missed the ease of hopping over things on a hardtail! Can't wait to take her out for a proper ride!

15403314_1198100663588373_4578670531808591872_n.jpg

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Came to the realization i don't really need dual suspension for the majority of my riding and bought an NS Surge on special during CRC sales recently.
Just finished assembling this arvo and took her for a quick spin around the block, i have definitely missed the ease of hopping over things on a hardtail! Can't wait to take her out for a proper ride!

View attachment 334068
That looks rad. Have fun.

Juz1970

Likes Bikes
Update to NOS 2010 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

Just went a bit crazy and bought a new FOX F32 fork for the Blizzard. The FIT4 tech and Kashima made a hell of a difference. Also added a KS Lev dropper post as well which is working fine so far.
Only thing I still wouldn't mind doing is finding a set of wider wheels (it has nice Easton EA70 XCT 19mm-internal width ones at the moment). I reckon it could fit a 25mm-internal wheel/tyre combo. Just a matter of finding any 26-inch ones?!
Other than that's it's pretty much perfect. The only thing that could replace it is if i ever tracked down the LT (Long Travel) version of this frame that could take a 130mm fork and was a bit beefier (4130 cromoly and only released for 1 year: 2011). Although those Stantons sure look nice!

Attachments

Just went a bit crazy and bought a new FOX F32 fork for the Blizzard. The FIT4 tech and Kashima made a hell of a difference. Also added a KS Lev dropper post as well which is working fine so far.
Only thing I still wouldn't mind doing is finding a set of wider wheels (it has nice Easton EA70 XCT 19mm-internal width ones at the moment). I reckon it could fit a 25mm-internal wheel/tyre combo. Just a matter of finding any 26-inch ones?!
Other than that's it's pretty much perfect. The only thing that could replace it is if i ever tracked down the LT (Long Travel) version of this frame that could take a 130mm fork and was a bit beefier (4130 cromoly and only released for 1 year: 2011). Although those Stantons sure look nice!
That's a good looking rig
I've had a set of DaBomb 26" wheels for a few years now and they are pretty wide. Will check what they are actually called, possibly Headspin?
Haven't measured them but they would be 25mm+ at a minimum. Got a 2.4 on the front and it's pretty burly looking. Been tempted to try a 26+ tyre on it.
Will actually post pics of the BFe soon.
It fits in this thread.

Juz1970

Likes Bikes
That's a good looking rig
I've had a set of DaBomb 26" wheels for a few years now and they are pretty wide. Will check what they are actually called, possibly Headspin?
Haven't measured them but they would be 25mm+ at a minimum. Got a 2.4 on the front and it's pretty burly looking. Been tempted to try a 26+ tyre on it.
Will actually post pics of the BFe soon.
It fits in this thread.
Thanks mate that'd be great if i could see a pic of them. Yeah, i reckon the Blizzard as it is probably more Trail/Light AM than anything but wasn't sure where else to post it, other than here.
You happy with the BFe? They look an awesome bike and are a bit cheaper than Stantons.
Or i could just go totally crackers (and bankrupt!) and look at one of those Breadwinner Bad Otis rigs from the US!?
Too many nice steel AM hardtails out there these days - which isn't a bad thing.

Thanks mate that'd be great if i could see a pic of them. Yeah, i reckon the Blizzard as it is probably more Trail/Light AM than anything but wasn't sure where else to post it, other than here.
You happy with the BFe? They look an awesome bike and are a bit cheaper than Stantons.
Or i could just go totally crackers (and bankrupt!) and look at one of those Breadwinner Bad Otis rigs from the US!?
Too many nice steel AM hardtails out there these days - which isn't a bad thing.
BFe is a great bike, solid frame that can be cover a lot of bases whichever way you decide to build it. Really do like it and am a fan. Thoroughly recommend them.
The Kermit Green is an awesome colour too.
44mm headtube gives some future proofing and has dropper routing. Pretty sure 27.5 wheels can fit in the frame. Don't quote me on that though. New ones are 27.5.
However I'm a bigger than the average bear and an XL would be better.
Am actually looking at selling it to fund the next HT. Production Privee OKA is the #1 choice at this stage.
Currently running it SS with a 140mm fork, for me this is a pretty good set up for the flow trails here. And the SS is good to get some fitness and strength back in the legs. Got a FS 29 for the longer rides.
But am finding I would rather a short blast on the HT to a longer ride on the FS.
Steel is real and there are so many nice frames out there.

My Turn. Cotic BFe 26

2016-12-13 19.23.34.jpg

My Funduro rig.
26" Large Cotic BFe. Currently running SS but sometimes go to Zee 1x10.
DaBomb Headspin wheelset. Been seriously bulletproof wheels. No issues whatsoever and I'm a big lad. Not known for ideal line choice either and do love a case.
2013ish 95-140mm Pike U-Turns. Has been a great bike and my first 'serious' mtb. Morphed from a Mongoose Tyax pro into this. Last hold over is the top cap. Will likely be a legacy item on all future HT builds.
I'm a fan of Cotic and love this bike. Would really love an XL if they made them.

I really like this with 140mm travel, suits the terrain here I ride.
Am finding myself riding this more than the big bike on the new flow style trails we have just had built here.
Switchbacks make the SS climbing easier. Am running the SS as a get fit or die trying thing. Rehab for a bit of a knee injury.

Am considering selling the frame. Open to reasonable offers actually.
Sorry for crappy photo, newbie posting issues with image size so I resized it.
cheers

Juz1970

Likes Bikes
View attachment 334193

My Funduro rig.
26" Large Cotic BFe. Currently running SS but sometimes go to Zee 1x10.
DaBomb Headspin wheelset. Been seriously bulletproof wheels. No issues whatsoever and I'm a big lad. Not known for ideal line choice either and do love a case.
2013ish 95-140mm Pike U-Turns. Has been a great bike and my first 'serious' mtb. Morphed from a Mongoose Tyax pro into this. Last hold over is the top cap. Will likely be a legacy item on all future HT builds.
I'm a fan of Cotic and love this bike. Would really love an XL if they made them.

I really like this with 140mm travel, suits the terrain here I ride.
Am finding myself riding this more than the big bike on the new flow style trails we have just had built here.
Switchbacks make the SS climbing easier. Am running the SS as a get fit or die trying thing. Rehab for a bit of a knee injury.

Am considering selling the frame. Open to reasonable offers actually.
Sorry for crappy photo, newbie posting issues with image size so I resized it.
cheers
Looks great mate

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
26" plus / 27.5 plus

Thought I'd experiment with hardtail and check out the plus thing. Popped a 27.5 2.8 Nobby Nic on the front. Fits with heaps of room on the X Fusion Sweeps and Waiting for me in the mailbox after overseas trip was a WTB Ranger 26" 2.8. Fits on a 24 mm internal rim with about 6 mm clearance on the back. Hopefully will pop disc and cassette on through week and take it from a spin.

Attachments