Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Lol, that escalated quickly.

@Squidfayce, get woke mate:

If someone is spouting absolute bullshit they deserve air horns.

If you want to lose weight fast try one of those idiotic diets, if you want to not be overweight and give your body great nutrition try something like the CSIRO diet, because ACTUAL SCIENCE!!! FFS.

Reactions: PJO

Flow-Rider

Burner
and so he should be called on them, why the fuck not? If some of his sensible comments end up collateral damage then whose fault is that? The dude appears to believe that a meat-only diet cured his depression. That's just one of the many stupid things he's said.

View attachment 397377

Fucking lol

No thank you very much, to heavy meat diets, even though I like eating it.

"There is strong evidence that eating red and processed meat increases the risk of bowel cancer. Bowel cancer is one of the most common cancers in Australia.

Red meat includes beef, lamb, pork, veal, goat, venison and kangaroo.

Processed meat is meat that has been preserved by smoking, curing, salting or by adding the preservatives nitrates and nitrites. This includes ham, bacon, salami, frankfurt, prosciutto and some sausages such as cabanossi and kransky.

By reducing your intake of red meat and avoiding processed meat you can reduce your risk of cancer."

https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/cancer-prevention/diet-exercise/nutrition-and-diet/meat-and-cancer/

dazz

Downhill Dazz
EVERYONE said:
Arguing one side or the other and talking generally in 'absolutes'...
Ketosis occurs naturally during times of low food intake, according to pretty much every reference.

Like most things that occur naturally, our bodies developed this response over thousands of years and comes in pretty damn handy when food runs short for a while rather than dropping dead as soon as the glucose supply runs out.

I reckon that a permanent state of ketosis is very likely to have adverse health effects, but also, eliminating ketosis entirely is also detrimental to a persons health. All the obesity related health problems could arguably be attributed to us eliminating ketosis, no?

Evolution rarely makes mistakes and never stops. Special diets are just people thinking they can outsmart 1000's of years of natures 'trial and error' approach.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
If you want to lose weight fast try one of those idiotic diets, if you want to not be overweight and give your body great nutrition try something like the CSIRO diet, because ACTUAL SCIENCE!!! FFS.
The irony of this is that the CSIRO diet induces and maintains Ketosis. . i know because I have used this diet effectively for years (loseley as maintenance these days) and the keto strips you piss to monitor show high ketones which dont show up in your urine otherwise. BTW theres noting unscientific in the way your body burns fat to produce ketones over using carbohydrade via glycogen when there is none left or a deficit daily . Its just a different pathway and amore direct one to using and burning fat stores. Science indeed

Difference between this and what you see as keto plans online is most plans onine ar induction and this more resembles maintenance. i.e. they don't suggest you eliminate or do stupid low (20g) of carbs a day. Thanks for your thoughts though. Having lost a total of 50kg in the last 2.5 years and maintained, im fairly versed in what works nutrition wise ;)

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Ketosis occurs naturally during times of low food intake, according to pretty much every reference.

Like most things that occur naturally, our bodies developed this response over thousands of years and comes in pretty damn handy when food runs short for a while rather than dropping dead as soon as the glucose supply runs out.

I reckon that a permanent state of ketosis is very likely to have adverse health effects, but also, eliminating ketosis entirely is also detrimental to a persons health. All the obesity related health problems could arguably be attributed to us eliminating ketosis, no?

Evolution rarely makes mistakes and never stops. Special diets are just people thinking they can outsmart 1000's of years of natures 'trial and error' approach.
correct. you can swing into and out of ketosis daily. Its what happens to people who eat normally and have low crab intake naturally. Ketogenic diets arent about eliminating carbohydrates entirely. The induction phases are. they kickstart loss. some people stay there forever. Thats where there is a suggestion in the literatuire that its dangerous. However still unclear. Going into ketosis to burn fat stores, then moving to a plan that more resembles a lowGI low car CSIRO style wouls see you swing back and forth throughout the day. The idea of the CSIRO stuff is balancing, like most healthy eating regimes.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Well... no confession thread for you to explain how you got your user name.
thats such a low value burn. You want to go after how someone looks pulling a face while covered in mud? thats says more about you than it does me, piss bag mcgee.

Last edited:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
i think some people may think its outsmarting, but i see it as understanding what your body is doing with what you're putting in it. Not everyone is blessed with the right genetics or amazing willpower. So at least having a working knowledge of what's going on helps people make choices that in turn should help them. Most people who've never done keto always look at it with a raised eyebrow, but the results speak for themselves. Still haven't seen anything in the literature that shows scores of keto converts that go apeshit avoiding carbs 100% keeling over compared to say the literature around cross fit fanatics and Rhabdomyolysis.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
No thank you very much, to heavy meat diets, even though I like eating it.

"There is strong evidence that eating red and processed meat increases the risk of bowel cancer. Bowel cancer is one of the most common cancers in Australia.

Red meat includes beef, lamb, pork, veal, goat, venison and kangaroo.

Processed meat is meat that has been preserved by smoking, curing, salting or by adding the preservatives nitrates and nitrites. This includes ham, bacon, salami, frankfurt, prosciutto and some sausages such as cabanossi and kransky.

By reducing your intake of red meat and avoiding processed meat you can reduce your risk of cancer."

https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/cancer-prevention/diet-exercise/nutrition-and-diet/meat-and-cancer/
you can do keto as a vegetarian you wanted to. Get your fats from oils, avocados, etc. You dont have to eat red meat or processed meat at all to achive a state of ketosis. Like i said carnivore diet is extreme, but the state it produces, ketosis is great. many pathways to get there.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
piss bag mcgee.
Well documented here to let the good blokes of this forum to get their Prostate and Bowel checked. Always need a positive out of a negative in my book.

I've saved a copy of your picture if that's ok ? Gonna hang it above the fire to keep the kids away.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid

If someone is spouting absolute bullshit they deserve air horns.
" Secondly, I say something like this: “I’m sure you’ve heard the expression ‘everyone is entitled to their opinion.’ Perhaps you’ve even said it yourself, maybe to head off an argument or bring one to a close. Well, as soon as you walk into this room, it’s no longer true. You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”

Unfortnately one cant present an argument for their opinion when drowned by airhorns blown by people who've never even heard the argument in the first place themselves ;) that's the problem mostly occurring in those situations.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
" Secondly, I say something like this: “I’m sure you’ve heard the expression ‘everyone is entitled to their opinion.’ Perhaps you’ve even said it yourself, maybe to head off an argument or bring one to a close. Well, as soon as you walk into this room, it’s no longer true. You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”

Unfortnately one cant present an argument for their opinion when drowned by airhorns blown by people who've never even heard the argument in the first place themselves ;) that's the problem mostly occurring in those situations.
Or they've heard the argument a bunch of times and are sick of hearing bullshit peddled by disingenuous pricks hiding behind the "everyone's opinion is valid" crap?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Oh you're not aware? Not uncommon, for the last 5-7 years for speakers at American universities to be drowned out by airhorns during their presentations b3cause a cohort of students disagree with the views. To the point where now universities are cancelling speaking engagements, thus stifling academic debate and Sharing of differing views. This is the state of things I'm referring to.
It is uncommon, I can't find any of the videos or stories on this except the couple of times it happened to old mate Jordan.

their opinion when drowned by airhorns blown by people who've never even heard the argument in the first place themselves
What a weird thing to say. Of course they have heard his arguments, that's why they are showing up to blast him. He got blasted for refusing to use people's preferred pronouns. Why does this hurt conservative christians so much? It's weak. It deserves a protest.

They also used cowbells, all I can add is more cowbell.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
He got blasted for refusing to use people's preferred pronouns. Why does this hurt conservative christians so much?
Dunno but they are absolutely obsessed with it. Like bet the house that whoever the Republican nominee is in 2024, some form of national law enshrining that there can / is / will forever be only two genders will be a part of their platform. It's fucking weird.

Anyway, environment is bad something something.