People trying to convert us to various alternative lifestyles

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
+1.

Viewers, for those who missed it, the story so far:
1. OP was hungry;
2. an unnamed lady was nice enough to drive to the shops, get food for him and bring it back;
3. OP did not like the food;
4. OP misinterprets the lady's intentions;
5. OP goes onto a public forum for a whinge.

IMHO, not only is this a great example of first world problems, it shows that the OP that the is a ungrateful whinger.
To be fair I think it's pretty bloody presumptuous to inflict ones personal dietary choices on another person.

If not downright rude.

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
Far out its World War Meat in here! :)

IMHO, not only is this a great example of first world problems, it shows that the OP that the is a ungrateful whinger.
Seriously tho, can you say that your opinion is humble when it is that someone is an ungrateful whinger?

workmx

Banned
I then hear (edit: her say) that "its easier to stop in one place only rather than make more than one food stop and it turns out [I reckon they might've known in advance] that they only do vegetarian".
My comment stands. It was the OP's unsubstantiated interpretation of the lady's intentions that is the problem here.

It is only the OP's version of events that we are getting here.

Maybe:
1. she did not know that the restaurant was vegetarian; and
2. it was easier to stop in one place.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Seriously though, if meat is murder then milk is aggravated sexual assault.
Awesome band, if not a little over the top at times.
[h=1]PROPAGANDHI[/h][h=3]"Nailing Descartes To The Wall/(Liquid) Meat Is Still Murder"

I speak outside what is recognized as the border between "reason" and "insanity".[/h]But I consider it a measure of my humanity to be written off
by the living graves of a billion murdered lives.
And I'm not ashamed of my recurring dreams about me and a gun and a different species
(hint: starts with "h" and rhymes with "Neuman's")
of carnage strewn about the stockyards, the factories and farms.
Still I know as well as anyone that it does less good
than harm to be this honest with a conscience eased by lies.
But you cannot deny that meat is still murder.
Dairy is still rape.
And I'm still as stupid as anyone, but I know my mistakes.
I have recognized one form of oppression, now I recognize the rest.
And life's too short to make another's shorter- (animal liberation now!).

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome band, if not a little over the top at times.
[h=1]PROPAGANDHI[/h][h=3]"Nailing Descartes To The Wall/(Liquid) Meat Is Still Murder"

I speak outside what is recognized as the border between "reason" and "insanity".[/h]But I consider it a measure of my humanity to be written off
by the living graves of a billion murdered lives.
And I'm not ashamed of my recurring dreams about me and a gun and a different species
(hint: starts with "h" and rhymes with "Neuman's")
of carnage strewn about the stockyards, the factories and farms.
Still I know as well as anyone that it does less good
than harm to be this honest with a conscience eased by lies.
But you cannot deny that meat is still murder.
Dairy is still rape.
And I'm still as stupid as anyone, but I know my mistakes.
I have recognized one form of oppression, now I recognize the rest.
And life's too short to make another's shorter- (animal liberation now!).
No doubt... I suppose Ignorance is Bliss to certain extent, selective bliss is stupid though.. Being progressive is hard to live with. I love nature and all it's animals. (except fairies and hipster.. JKs again.) But I am so logical I see both sides of the argument.

workmx

Banned
To be fair I think it's pretty bloody presumptuous to inflict ones personal dietary choices on another person. If not downright rude.
Nope. What is rude is to winge about the type of food you are lucky enough to eat, in a world where people are starving (to dead).

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Nope. What is rude is to winge about the type of food you are lucky enough to eat, in a world where people are starving (to dead).
I want to be with you, but let's not confuse association with causation. OP's frustration with the food provided, is not causing anyone to starve.
I have up say, and this has happened to me, that if MY mate had went to get food for me, knowing I'm vegan, and intentionally bought back meat and dairy dishes, I'd be a little pissed. I wouldn't have the option to just suck it up, although you might think I did have that option.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
I want to be with you, but let's not confuse association with causation. OP's frustration with the food provided, is not causing anyone to starve.
I have up say, and this has happened to me, that if MY mate had went to get food for me, knowing I'm vegan, and intentionally bought back meat and dairy dishes, I'd be a little pissed. I wouldn't have the option to just suck it up, although you might think I did have that option.
I understand where your coming from but I don't think that example is a good one. Buying meat for a Vegetarian is nothing like buying a vegetable only dish for a meat eater. Meat eaters eat vegetables so it doesn't hurt them to eat a meal without meat or go against any beliefs. Starving people or not I wouldn't expect a Veggo to eat meat whereas I would expect a meat eater to just eat the meal provided.

moorey

call me Mia
Personally, never touched the shite, and don't plan to, but it MUST be true, coz it's on the intertubes. Nice work, laddergoat.

workmx

Banned
Good point. I was rushing to get out the door and did not make the point clear.

The point was that he had food that he could eat. It was just not his preference. That is a trivial complaint.

No causation between his actions and starvation was intended.

Indeed. That was the second point. The OP made unsubstantiated claims of intention.

This amounts to egocentrism and cognitive distortion: "I think it is true, therefore it must be true."

Last edited:

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Personally, never touched the shite, and don't plan to, but it MUST be true, coz it's on the intertubes. Nice work, laddergoat.
Well you have a conveniant stand on any subject put forward & I didnt say you did touch it gooba goat.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Yeah, and that guy seems to be a real authority on all things..........

Look, I could do a search on the web and find plenty of arguments that state the opposite like this http://www.muscleandstrength.com/supplements/ingredients/soy-protein.html

Not only that, but what this bikejames says are the down sides of soy protein have not been proven scientifically. Its all a bit of hype.
I started using the Soy Protein after night rides when I don't want a big meal. What I do know is that since using it I have definitely gotten much stronger. I have been riding MTB for 20 years and the strength increase has been more dramatic than in the past when I haven't used it.

It works for me, I'm not trying to convert anyone to using it. I just made a statement refuting the notion that meat is needed for recovery.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Well you have a conveniant stand on any subject put forward & I didnt say you did touch it gooba goat.
Not a convenient stand, an impartial stand. I just don't believe either side of the arguement just because someone on the interweb says it so.
I have nothing against proteins and supplements, I just have no use for them, laddergoat.

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know what you mean, he does know a lot Ha Ha

Except the people that have done all the acctual testing in the gym and know what works, It is known for its estregon affects by everyone who uses it, even the health benefit advocates that use it for manapuase. No debate! Mood swings and boobs.