Old and angry: what pisses you off? The rants of ANGRY old men and women!

Daisy

Likes Dirt
freeway driving

i drive the M1 from central coast to Sydney each day.

KEEP LEFT IF NOT OVERTAKING

there are many god damn signs to remind you. the left lane is not a truck lane. don't be scared, try moving left. when you come to a slower vehicle, overtake in right lane then move back to left. it's just so simple.
there is nothing wrong with changing lanes all the time. just be sure to indicate & check your mirrors + look over shoulder

HOW F*&^ING HARD CAN IT BE

KEEP TO THE F#@$ING LEFT LANE

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
old people

you know what? old people piss me right the fuck off. People older than say 55*.

My dad (65) always says 'young people these days.....' and I tell him - try working in customer facing industries. Fuckin' old people!!! Sure they had to eat rusty nails for dinner every night in the late 40's as wee tackers, but holy shit - for the past 40 or more years it's been pretty sweet for anyone born before the mid 70's. Permanent jobs right out of school, free uni, cheap houses....

...but all they fucking do is come into my shop and bitch about how hard life is, how expensive stuff is, how these computer jiggers freak them out, how young people are so goddamn awful, and that I can't do something for them right fucking now. Complaint central!

Old people. Entitlement-seeking twats who think they can just keep shitting on younger generations. End rant. Time for a huuuuuuge glass of something very alcoholic.

moorey

call me Mia
DILLIGAF stickers on a fucking semi or a B double. You better give a fucking fuck, you fuck! :rant:

Anarchist

Likes Dirt
I'm angry (or angy). The list is l-o-n-g as to why, but, I do feel as though I am not alone when I read these posts and can have a sympathetic laugh. It all resonates with me. Misery, indeed, loves company. Vent on my fellow old farts, vent on. :love:

Daisy

Likes Dirt
Keep to the fucking left

I didn't know you can swear here.......

Just keep to the fucking left lane.
If someone flashes their high beams.....guess what.......move left you FUCKWIT

It's so simple......move to the fucking left lane you dip shit.

I feel better now....ready for the drive to work tomorrow.

Last edited:

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Pricks that drive up behind me and flash their lights and tailgate, when I am already exceeding the speed limit and passing those in the left. :plane:

Love slowing down, people raging makes me happy.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Pricks that drive up behind me and flash their lights and tailgate, when I am already exceeding the speed limit and passing those in the left. :plane:

Love slowing down, people raging makes me happy.
I'm with you MWI.

And I will decide when I am far enough past to move back into the left lane, you arrogant tailgating fucknuckle.

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
bike lights. Yeah, I know.. keeping left and all that shit, that cranks my handle too. Pretty much anything does.

but bike lights. What the actual fuck does one need a nuclear amount of lumens flashing light pointed exactly at walker/other cyclist eye level for?

...except to blind other cyclists. Which happens often. Or maybe they're worried about a b-double in some alternate future not seeing them, so lights *NEEEEEEEEED* to be bright enough to peek out through the wormhole...

That said, I live in Canberra. It's run by sociopaths, and populated by grey people in grey suits who hate their fucking job and hate their stupid, arrogant bosses more but refuse to quit because they need to pay off that mortgage and they'll miss out on $35 a week in retirement... so they idle away the years being passively aggressively angry.

:/

Flow-Rider

Burner
That said, I live in Canberra. It's run by sociopaths, and populated by grey people in grey suits who hate their fucking job and hate their stupid, arrogant bosses more but refuse to quit because they need to pay off that mortgage and they'll miss out on $35 a week in retirement... so they idle away the years being passively aggressively angry.

LMFAO :heh:

ClintC

Likes Dirt
bike lights. Yeah, I know.. keeping left and all that shit, that cranks my handle too. Pretty much anything does.

but bike lights. What the actual fuck does one need a nuclear amount of lumens flashing light pointed exactly at walker/other cyclist eye level for?

...except to blind other cyclists. Which happens often. Or maybe they're worried about a b-double in some alternate future not seeing them, so lights *NEEEEEEEEED* to be bright enough to peek out through the wormhole...
So much this. Strobes light suck. I get the need for a bright light as I do a crap load of riding in the dark with minimal street lighting. The best is when some putz on an electric bike with a strobe light is sitting behind you for an extended period of time. Thanks for ruining my viability you assisted wheel sucking parasite.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Bike lights

You cranky old pricks

I run lights on my bike and strobe/ light the Fock out of oncoming commuters and drivers. I don't trust them and I am the most important person on the roads and I want to see my kids

So it's a little bright- there are 25% who don't have anything. They are a bigger issue/ danger

I mean really- you lot need to be held

tprmc78

Likes Dirt
Lumens.......

I like shining my light down the path to see you..................... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm so much anger.................

What annoys me is those on the path in there rapha gear at 1900 with no lights to be seen at all.................... $500 on kit but can't afford a set of lights that is why I need the 5000 lumen job from fleabay

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
Ah, Big JD.. I've never met you, but are you offering?

peeps with no lights, dogs, runners, pedestrians, kangaroos are no problem. I can see them!

...except when I'm blinded by squillions of passive aggressive this-is-my-way-of-exerting-control-over-*somethinganythinginmylife* lumens in my face!

So how do I stop being the person I'm angry at? easy. I used to just cap my light with a hand when passing cyclists on the bike path. A little like low beaming on a highway. Then I made a little shroud which stops stray upward light scatter. So I can see the path ahead, but not blind peeps. Kind of like cars, whose optics are designed to keep photons generally downward.

Maybe the moth approach works best. Can only see the light, must go toward it!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious

lived there my whole life, moved to Newcastle 6 months ago and wondered why the fuck didn't I leave 20 years ago!
shit place full of shit people doing shit things!....oh, did I mention it was -7.6°C last Tuesday morning..Thats shit!

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
I actually like living in canberra, when I'm not being blinded by grey zombies. I don't work in the public service, which probably helps aside from the whole 'if you want a house get a high paying job' thing.

Sometimes my commute to work takes me around parliament house. I ride in the middle of the lanes and piss off all the people rushing to get to their favorite carpark, so they can be first in line for the latte machine or ministerial arse kissing line or whatever. On a public servant forum, there's probably a thread just like this, and someone is typing right now 'that fucking cyclist who takes up the lane and makes me fourth in line at the coffee machine, when the milk frother needs cleaning already and the toilet seat is warm from someone else getting in first'.

bwaaaaaaa! I need a life :)