Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
So what your saying is you need both and have to let me test them?
A G1 and an avalanched Fox49?

But then I'll have to source a set of Syntace/I9 wheels, and polished Formula Cura 4s to match the frame, and use the Float X2 with the climb switch I've got sitting in the shed...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Feck yeah - Cura 4 getting bite-point adjust. Wanted to love the earlier model Cura 4s I had, but hated all the free throw.

Now all they need is a bleed valve on the caliper and hoses that aren't made of warm butter and they'll be onto a winner.

Still looks like they haven't heard about matchmaker clamps either - but anyway - Bite-point adjust!!!! Woo! :p

Will be interested to see if this new dual-crown will end up coming in a coil version. Seems like the perfect opportunity given it shares so much with the existing Selva:

Oddjob

Feck yeah - Cura 4 getting bite-point adjust. Wanted to love the earlier model Cura 4s I had, but hated all the free throw.

Now all they need is a bleed valve on the caliper and hoses that aren't made of warm butter and they'll be onto a winner.

Still looks like they haven't heard about matchmaker clamps either - but anyway - Bite-point adjust!!!! Woo! :p

Will be interested to see if this new dual-crown will end up coming in a coil version. Seems like the perfect opportunity given it shares so much with the existing Selva:
Did I end up with your Curas?

They seem to work well with the 'pop out the wheel and gently ease out the pistons' trick.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Now all they need is a bleed valve on the caliper and hoses that aren't made of warm butter
Hoses I get you. Rear brake is always difficult to bleed to the same feel as the front.
But they have a caliper bleed point? Not sure I understand what you are talking about there?

beeb

Hoses I get you. Rear brake is always difficult to bleed to the same feel as the front.
But they have a caliper bleed point? Not sure I understand what you are talking about there?
They have a (removable) bleed plug, but not a bleed nipple/valve. Also, because the fluid is so thin it's very hard to not have it just pour out of the hole (even with the level sealed up). If there was an actual bleed nipple (ala Hope), it would be much much quicker and easier to get a good bleed done.

beeb

Did I end up with your Curas?

They seem to work well with the 'pop out the wheel and gently ease out the pistons' trick.
Ah yes, apparently so!

I tried bleeding them with pads/rotors in place instead of the (huge) standard bleed block, and advancing the pads with the wheel out, but they just kept springing back. A bite-adjust screw on the lever would make things quicker, easier and feel a bit more 'factory'.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Their MixMaster no good? Also a Selva Mk2 on the way. Wonder what tweaks will be included.

https://www.eightyonespices.com.au/product-page/formula-mixmaster-c1-cr3-cura

beeb

Their MixMaster no good? Also a Selva Mk2 on the way. Wonder what tweaks will be included.

https://www.eightyonespices.com.au/product-page/formula-mixmaster-c1-cr3-cura
Haha, nah they were just impossible to get for a long while*, and the picture has them using a dropper lever with a seperate bar clamp. Just looks a bit messy, especially for a promotional photo.

*I bought early on in the Cura 4 life cycle, but it was like covid shortages before that was a thing. No 203mm rotors available for several weeks, sintered pads were out of stock for a couple of months, mixmaster clamps were mostly non-existent (weren't even available for Shimano shifters IIRC...).

Litenbror

Eats Squid
So I'm not the only one who finds the front feels firmer than the back no matter how good the bleed? Have this on both sets, gotten used to it but still irritating.

Oddjob

So I'm not the only one who finds the front feels firmer than the back no matter how good the bleed? Have this on both sets, gotten used to it but still irritating.
The Formula brake lines are good but Goodridge and Uberbike braided lines are better and make the rear almost as firm as the front. I also find the thicker Shimano mineral oil is better for this too.