Newly Released Bikes General

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
mAy aS wElL pUt A mOtOr iN iT. ;)
*eye twitch continues*

As an anecdote I went riding with a bloke a few weeks ago who had a new Heckler SL with all the fancy and less heavy bits (plastic rims, air suspension, robot drivetrain). I was on my Forbidden which I've never weighed but would comfortably be on the wrong side of 17kg, possibly even 18kg. The Heckler SL still felt considerably heavier..

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
*eye twitch continues*

As an anecdote I went riding with a bloke a few weeks ago who had a new Heckler SL with all the fancy and less heavy bits (plastic rims, air suspension, robot drivetrain). I was on my Forbidden which I've never weighed but would comfortably be on the wrong side of 17kg, possibly even 18kg. The Heckler SL still felt considerably heavier..
Depending on the build they are 18.9 to 19.5kg.

My Levo SL is 19kg with a coil fork but are 17 odd kg off the showroom floor.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Interesting, using the I-track patent for location of the idler.

I can imagine the chats at 99 Bikes -

Dude, that bike has an extra cog

Yeah makes you more rad on the trails.

Awesome, sign me up.
All the "I started riding during covid" commenters on instagram saying it looks like a slash/session. LOL.

Obviously none of them are aware Norco have been high pivoting since 2017

Last edited:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
All the "I started riding during covid" commenters on instagram saying it looks like a slash/session. LOL.

Obviously none of them are aware Norco have been high pivoting since 2017
Exactly!
Those "This brand copied that brand" or "that bike looks like this bike" comments do shit me. To anyone not into mountain bikes, all MTBs look alike.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Optic C1 S4 size, 31.8lbs = 14.5kg

Sight C1 S4 size, = 16.2kg
Sight C1 MX S3 size = 15.9kg
Sight A1 (maybe S4?) = 17.6kg, $7k, and Aus won't get the A1.. (A2 is Fox/Shimano)

suddenly don't feel so bad about Fuel EX ally being 16.5kg... :p

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Optic C1 S4 size, 31.8lbs = 14.5kg

Sight C1 S4 size, = 16.2kg
Sight C1 MX S3 size = 15.9kg
Sight A1 (maybe S4?) = 17.6kg, $7k, and Aus won't get the A1.. (A2 is Fox/Shimano)

suddenly don't feel so bad about Fuel EX ally being 16.5kg... :p
If the alloys are using the Stans D rims then I'm not surprised, those things weigh a ton.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Pricing is taking the piss on the new Norco

New Optic C2 - the only model - is 10k with Select+ level suspension and a GX Transmission groupset

That’s 3.5k more than the 2023 C1 (which they’re still selling into 2024), which runs XTR and Fox Performance Elite

Last edited:

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
New Revel... rascal??

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

and here but the front shock mount different (proto?)
(same in this yewtoob)

Jabubu

let you google that for me
hmm 634g each for the rims (is that terible?)... SLX everything else
My son's Fluid FS has Stans D with Bear Pawls hubs - they weight about 2,400g for the set (HG driver). Put on a set of Hunt Trail Wide and you lose over 500g straight away, and that's rotating weight - it'll make a hell of a difference!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

and here but the front shock mount different (proto?)
(same in this yewtoob)
Looks like a Ripley :p Presume frame size dependent for the forward shock mount or early production for press and changed?