Newly Released Bikes General

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
New Epic and Epic Evo are out

No more Brain on the Epic and a bump in travel
Top spec Epic also has the new Flight Attendant XC.
Pricing at least for the base models stays the same

The thing I like most about this though is they’ve ditched model years, just terming them the Epic (Evo) 8.

Not gonna lie, the Evo really intrigues me, looks much more like a proper ‘downcountry’ bike now, similar to the Top Fuel

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt

The thing I like most about this though is they’ve ditched model years, just terming them the Epic (Evo) 8.

Not gonna lie, the Evo really intrigues me, looks much more like a proper ‘downcountry’ bike now, similar to the Top Fuel
Might be some good bargains on the old Epic Evo which looked about as perfect as a bike for me before the new one came out. No Brain, 120mm suspension, super light, efficient and decent geo.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Might be some good bargains on the old Epic Evo which looked about as perfect as a bike for me before the new one came out. No Brain, 120mm suspension, super light, efficient and decent geo.
There are some good discounts on the old Epic now that the new one has arrived.
1710293004371.png

PJO

in me vL comy

No headset cable routing on the new Epic and Epic Evo, lets hope that other manufacturers also move away from this abomination.
1710295849529.png

The S-works version still has headset cable routing though, but if you can afford 24k for a bike, then you can afford a mechanic.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Not wrong, could get this and swap over my drivetrain, wheels and fork and it would have to be a 10kg weapon for decent coin...

View attachment 407742
I got $3k off my new Stumpy because the new model has the T-type Transmission, and I wouldn't be surprised if the new Stumpy is that far away as it's been a while for a major frame change and the Levo SL (which is basically a Stumpy with a motor) has now a different symmetrical frame design.

That said, I haven't seen any of the brands drastically drop the price of their latest models though. I thought with this "drastic downturn in the cycling industry" there would be some price changes. Maybe they are just hoping that it will just blow over in a few months. Time will tell I suppose.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Jpez

Down on the left!
Am I the only one that doesn’t like the look of those Atherton bikes? Even more so the new alloy ones? That head tube area looks pretty weird. Maybe it’s the chunky tube size or something they use.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Am I the only one that doesn’t like the look of those Atherton bikes? Even more so the new alloy ones? That head tube area looks pretty weird. Maybe it’s the chunky tube size or something they use.
I don't mind the Ti/carbon ones, the all-alloy looks weird AF though.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
ASR looks good - well actually I thought it was a Rocky Mountain at first but whatevs. Cushy XC bike sounds fun.

Return of the green (spruce?) colour is nice:

View attachment 407912
I sense a trigger finger getting itchy from a certain forum member...

1710916251084.png

"Plus, it's good for a bike like this to have at least some sort of reminder that while it's plenty capable, there are limits to the terrain it's supposed to be ridden on." Kazimer

I'm guessing he's talking about Maydena.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I sense a trigger finger getting itchy from a certain forum member...

View attachment 407922

"Plus, it's good for a bike like this to have at least some sort of reminder that while it's plenty capable, there are limits to the terrain it's supposed to be ridden on." Kazimer

I'm guessing he's talking about Maydena.
Didn't someone here take their XC bike to Maydena….