Newly Released Bikes General

moorey

call me Mia

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah….I’m not a GT guy, but I don’t mind that. High pivot seems to be the new cool aide. I think that’s a good thing, based on my limited experience running it. Or it’s all a conspiracy by Big Chain.
Still fkn heavy for a carbon bike :oops:. The base model is good buying though.

moorey

call me Mia
Still fkn heavy for a carbon bike :oops:. The base model is good buying though.
LBS was keen to push it onto me when Tranny plans hit a roadblock. Issues:
-29”
-Carbon.
-Very few coming into country, and were being assigned to team and sponsored riders.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LBS was keen to push it onto me when Tranny plans hit a roadblock. Issues:
-29”
-Carbon.
-Very few coming into country, and were being assigned to team and sponsored riders.
I'd be pushed into one. What is the Au pricing on the base model (if you know)?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Marketing team got hold of that leverage curve and squashed the axis to appear to be progressive..2.6-2.2 is gonna need an air shock or a decent progressive spring to deal with it.
Haha, I though exactly the same thing!

beeb

I’m struggling to think of a relevant EWS rider running one though, in all seriousness…
Well that's hardly relevant to how I ride... It's like saying cars shouldn't have ABS because NASA Space Shuttles use parachutes. :p

Jokes aside, it's more of a bike-feel thing for me. Also love the consistency and not having to use a shock pump. Lift bike out of car, check tyre pressures are correct-ish, ride.

moorey

call me Mia
Well that's hardly relevant to how I ride... It's like saying cars shouldn't have ABS because NASA Space Shuttles use parachutes. :p

Jokes aside, it's more of a bike-feel thing for me. Also love the consistency and not having to use a shock pump. Lift bike out of car, check tyre pressures are correct-ish, ride.
You know I’m just fishing. The way I ride, no shock makes the slightest difference. I do giggle at clueless poseurs who go over the top with their game changing, paradigm shifting shock and fork upgrades. More power to them. I don’t need them.
I like being able add or subtract air on the spot. My weight, kit and tracks change too much to not be able to adjust on the fly.

PJO

in me vL comy
Marketing team got hold of that leverage curve and squashed the axis to appear to be progressive..2.6-2.2 is gonna need an air shock or a decent progressive spring to deal with it.
... yeah but missed opportunity to emphasize the rearward axle path. That x-axis goes from -80 to 80mm!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

Jeez you really need to up your "nuh coil is betta ey" justification game. Allow me to help:

• Better traction
  • Something about small bump sensitivity
  • Moar planted "feel" (a great one cus people just nod sagely when they hear it and don't ask you to elaborate)
  • Works better if you're fat body positive
  • Mumble something about better tracking
  • Can handle those super long descents better of which there are so many of in this country
  • Consistency (you did get that one)
  • Doesn't require air seals which makes it better somehow

You're welcome

beeb

Jeez you really need to up your "nuh coil is betta ey" justification game. Allow me to help:

• Better traction
  • Something about small bump sensitivity
  • Moar planted "feel" (a great one cus people just nod sagely when they hear it and don't ask you to elaborate)
  • Works better if you're fat body positive
  • Mumble something about better tracking
  • Can handle those super long descents better of which there are so many of in this country
  • Consistency (you did get that one)
  • Doesn't require air seals which makes it better somehow
You're welcome
Oooh, I like "body positive"... Going to have to add that into the insult repertoire :D Despite the irony, I do agree with all the points listed though. "Greatly reduced internal stiction" is the term you're looking for the last point. And yes, all those sustained two-minute descents (three at my pace) really push the shocks to their edge of their performance envelopes! :p