Nerfonomics

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yep, the evil faceless Taxman is always the cannon fodder for News Corp to beat up in between stories about awesome McDonald's 'hacks' and bogan fashion.

No one loves taxes but we have to have them. Interest rates are blunt economic tool and not focused to mess up the lives of mortgage holders and renters but it generally ends up that way anyhow.

I guess they expected the new chief would be living in a caravan.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yep, the evil faceless Taxman is always the cannon fodder for News Corp to beat up in between stories about awesome McDonald's 'hacks' and bogan fashion.

No one loves taxes but we have to have them. Interest rates are blunt economic tool and not focused to mess up the lives of mortgage holders and renters but it generally ends up that way anyhow.

I guess they expected the new chief would be living in a caravan.
I love it how they point out that Michele has a bank account with CBA, like instantly assuming collusion. :rolleyes:

At least the stories of bogans at Mc doodles are generally funny, but when they said Michele Bullock me was thinking the best possible scenario.

1689388871389.png

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Governments can't run essential services, they must be sold to private companies (said every Chicago School economist ever). Sounds like they needed a sweetheart deal from the same governments to make them profitable enough to justify buying.

TLDR - Sell it all to for profit companies, how could that possibly go wrong.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Governments can run essential services, they must be sold to private companies (said every Chicago School economist ever). Sounds like they needed a sweetheart deal from the same governments to make them profitable enough to justify buying.

TLDR - Sell it all to for profit companies, how could that possibly go wrong.
Howard started off with the mistake of selling discounted fixed price gas until 2031 to China.

Gas and oil are run by a worldwide cartel, that's why Twiggy wants to go to self made Hydrogen cells, BHP seems to be trying the same thing.
Russia just announced that it would be cutting back on oil exports and Saudi are cutting back on production so don't expect oil prices to remain at low levels.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Howard started off with the mistake of selling discounted fixed price gas until 2031 to China.

Gas and oil are run by a worldwide cartel, that's why Twiggy wants to go to self made Hydrogen cells, BHP seems to be trying the same thing.
Russia just announced that it would be cutting back on oil exports and Saudi are cutting back on production so don't expect oil prices to remain at low levels.
But it's also the mindset that governments can't manage their assets for the good of their people and economies only for profit companies can do that. It's an experiment that has been sold as fact and there is no undoing it now.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
But it's also the mindset that governments can't manage their assets for the good of their people and economies only for profit companies can do that. It's an experiment that has been sold as fact and there is no undoing it now.

Nonsense! A whole bunch of central and southern American nations undertook economic reforms across the 1950-70s to nationalise industries they had previously sold off to private (often foreign) companies and that worked out well for all of them.

And look at how poorly some of those oil rich nations in the middle east have developed over the last 50 years. Royal families are a form of government still I believe, and many of them are really rich from owning everything.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well I tried...but I can't handle that voice. Do they cover where the current ATO commissioner came from?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Well I tried...but I can't handle that voice. Do they cover where the current ATO commissioner came from?
They didn't point out any specific person but they did say that many of them get jobs in senior executive positions within the govt. Did they happen to come from Newcastle? :D

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They didn't point out any specific person but they did say that many of them get jobs in senior executive positions within the govt. Did they happen to come from Newcastle? :D
No...but commissioner Jordan came from one of those firms, slashed the ato workforce, outsourced a bunch of work to those firms, and employed a handful of his old buddies in senior executive roles...all of which is apparently above board, so nothing to see here.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Extra Extra, blunt instrument is blunt

As someone who is getting beaten by said blunt object, I put this in the same basket as ‘saving money’ during lockdown. Which didn’t happen to anyone in my circles who were on reduced hours and with families