MX VS ATV Thread

brad353

Likes Dirt
after playing this a bit now and getting all of the upgrades unlocked, i think my opinion has changed a lot. it's actually a pretty cool game, a lot harder than reflex but that's only because it's probably a little more realistic. if you can find the smooth lines and keep your momentum up then it's much more fun. this can only be done with all of the bike upgrades though, without them the bikes are too slow to clear jumps and maintain speed. scrubbing jumps with speed looks and works much better now, as opposed to trying to do it without the upgrades where it's utterly shit and looks stupid. don't give up on this game too soon. i think the whole getting your head around the differences from reflex takes a while but if you give it a chance and have any skill with the game (takes a bit to ride fast) you'll come to really like it.

still can't wait for some sx tracks to come out, and some real brand name bikes. currently i can get the ktm150sx but i'm not wasting my money on that. hopefully more are released.

online play is ridiculous in pro mx. used to run at the pointy end all the time on reflex but now i'm getting schooled. need more practice.

chris95

Likes Dirt
after playing this a bit now and getting all of the upgrades unlocked, i think my opinion has changed a lot. it's actually a pretty cool game, a lot harder than reflex but that's only because it's probably a little more realistic. if you can find the smooth lines and keep your momentum up then it's much more fun. this can only be done with all of the bike upgrades though, without them the bikes are too slow to clear jumps and maintain speed. scrubbing jumps with speed looks and works much better now, as opposed to trying to do it without the upgrades where it's utterly shit and looks stupid. don't give up on this game too soon. i think the whole getting your head around the differences from reflex takes a while but if you give it a chance and have any skill with the game (takes a bit to ride fast) you'll come to really like it.

still can't wait for some sx tracks to come out, and some real brand name bikes. currently i can get the ktm150sx but i'm not wasting my money on that. hopefully more are released.

online play is ridiculous in pro mx. used to run at the pointy end all the time on reflex but now i'm getting schooled. need more practice.
Yer games is heaps better when you start to upgrade abit, Did you download Stewarts Compound, ive heard it has 2 sx tracks in it, Shitty ps3 Store is still down so no dlc for me:(

keldave1

Likes Dirt

I totally agree I absolutely love it now!:D

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah wasnt working for me before, works now. btw how much fun is the pee wee in the compound on freeride! its awesome!

Joshi95

Likes Bikes
Alive and reflex are both really fun games but I'd have to say that Alive is better because it is much more realistic and you can actually stay on the bike for more than 5 laps without falling off like on reflex