MX VS ATV Thread

brad353

Likes Dirt
i don't know what to think of the new game. first impressions were it's a massive step backwards from reflex, but after a few races i think maybe you could get used to it. just the way the bike handles is so different now, not as responsive as in reflex.

pretty sure there will be supercross tracks, they'll probably just be all dlc

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is it multiplier weighted or is it ok if your just going to buy it and play by yourself. I have untamed and reflex and on my xbox. I fricken play them both way to much.

keldave1

Likes Dirt
Yes it's a littlebit multiplayer weighted, but the single player modes are good also.

The biggest problem is that only 4 tracks are available from the start untill you reach level 10....

I'm at level 4 and you notice the upgrades starting to make the bike react better and go quicker.

The freeride areas are a lot of fun this time round. Espesially the dump truck stepdown in the quarry.;)

JT252

Likes Dirt
My cousin lent me reflex the other week now i'm hooked such a good game.

Probably have to go out and buy the new one

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First impressions... Wow, big big dissapointment. Keeping in mind that I've only play for about an hour but wow, the bike handles terrible, so unresponsive, and the graphics are pretty poor. Looks and feels like one of those bad, free flash games you can play on the net..

keldave1

Likes Dirt
First impressions... Wow, big big dissapointment. Keeping in mind that I've only play for about an hour but wow, the bike handles terrible, so unresponsive, and the graphics are pretty poor. Looks and feels like one of those bad, free flash games you can play on the net..

Did you remember to turn off all of the assists in options?

It remindsme of when I got reflex. I thought it was shite untill I got used to the controlls. Try 1st person veiw. I seem to jump better and do faster lap times.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lol maybe I should of waited...

Is it bad like worse then Reflex or is it bad like not living upto expectations but still better then Reflex?

Don't more tracks unlock the further you progress in your career? I'm sure that's how previous ones played out. Only a couple tracks straight up and 2 bikes then gets bigger from there.

keldave1

Likes Dirt
I think it will be better than reflex. It just didn't live up to expectations of it being a full games by itself.

After doing multiple laps around the James Stewart track.... I think it feels more real to play and not as twitchy. The bar to bar feature is a big plus!

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
Just unlocked the 250's. Makes the game so much more fun actually being able to put a proper line together without casing every jump. Shame there isn't more tracks, only downside I find to it, and maybe a bit more freestyle wouldn't go astray.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wish playstation would get their act together and put PSN back up. Really want to ride James Stewarts tracks, but it is DLC.

That said I am liking the game, it is different from Reflex, more realistic I think. The new levelling system in it though I am a little unsure about. Its a good idea, but with the limited number of tracks, there is not a lot of options as far as races go to progress through the game without mindlessly repeating the same tracks over, and over again.

Other than that pretty decent game, and for $58, pretty decent value.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Played it a shitload last night at a mates, its 100 times better then reflex control wise, im sorry but if you think you can throw a 100kg moto around like you can in reflex youve got another thing coming!

The tracks are decent, well the ones ive played anyway, You can put together lines without casing with a 125 youve just got to hit corners well and choose the bit of lip you want and preload. All in all for $60 you cant complain.

Also short track multiplayer is just about the most fun you can have. Im guessing there is a shit load of dlc for this game which you wont get for about 3 months, but you could spend $30 on dlc and still have change from buying a brand new ps3 game normally.

I like the way it levels, because it does it keeps levelling even in multiplayer, so you just play it and you are always levelling. Some sort of race series or career would be a nice touch like reflex but no biggie!

Only niggle i have if sometimes when you try to scrub/whip your bike just transfers completely sideways in the air, something they will probably fix at some stage but its just annoying try to stay low and fast and having your bike fly off the side of the track.

Last edited:

brad353

Likes Dirt
all they had to do to make the game perfect was eliminate the problems with tuff blocks, rider to rider contact, the online multiplayer setup (untamed was a decent setup), and add a stack of new tracks. they've taken a giant step back though with alive. the fact that you can't scrub jumps is really irritating. i'm still playing it though. hope they hurry up and put up some supercross tracks for dlc.

apparently they're releasing a new mx vs atv at the end of this year, so what is this, the beta version or something? at least they got one part right- ditched the stupid race buggies and trucks

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't understand, I can scrub. I don't case ANY jumps on the 125. The game feels perfect!

Graphics are a step back but everything else it better then it was. Only other downside is the leveling. It's not that bad but I don't want to grind to earn the big bikes. I've golded everything twice and I'm no where near level 10. WTF.

If you have reflex then don't buy this. Otherwise this game rocks! Short track is pretty epic, trying to jump through people is fun as! Was having a battle online for 1st place and the guy in front got t-boned mid air and handed me the lead. Good times. Bar to Bar action has improved this game 20x

You know that you have to pull back to get speed and lean forward to corner and all that jaz? I seriously don't case anything. I can do both starting National tracks without any casing WITHOUT preloading (or seat bounce whatever).

Last edited:

sam705

Likes Dirt
My mate played this for the first time last night. His first impression..

"He's got about a million tear offs"

chris95

Likes Dirt
I don't understand, I can scrub. I don't case ANY jumps on the 125. The game feels perfect!

Graphics are a step back but everything else it better then it was. Only other downside is the leveling. It's not that bad but I don't want to grind to earn the big bikes. I've golded everything twice and I'm no where near level 10. WTF.

If you have reflex then don't buy this. Otherwise this game rocks! Short track is pretty epic, trying to jump through people is fun as! Was having a battle online for 1st place and the guy in front got t-boned mid air and handed me the lead. Good times. Bar to Bar action has improved this game 20x

You know that you have to pull back to get speed and lean forward to corner and all that jaz? I seriously don't case anything. I can do both starting National tracks without any casing WITHOUT preloading (or seat bounce whatever).
I agree mate I have reflex, untamed and alive and I quite like it, I mean yes its not that much better than reflex but is a bit more realistic, and should get much better with some dlc. Also the game gets alot easier and funner to play when you unluck the 250's and your skill increases. A tip to level up quick is to play the second short track(snow one), put it on 5 laps, your choice of difficulty and win, and once the race is over done select finish, go restart its alot quicker and you'll be up levels in no time.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah ive played it alot more now and now ive done it a bit i love it. Shits all over reflex. you can scrub about 100 times better then in reflex too so i dont know what your talking about. Unless you have jump assist on, which makes it stupidly retarded. The only bitch is when you unlock 450's james stewarts in every race no matter which difficulty setting and he bloody motors out of the gate.