MX VS ATV Thread

brad353

Likes Dirt
Looked for one but couldn't find anything, so here it is, the MX VS ATV thread.

Who plays it? On what console? Got any super fast lap times you wanna share? I was a little addicted to XBOX Live MX VS ATV Reflex for a while there, and Untamed before that. Just when I've recovered from my addiction, the new MX VS ATV Alive game is due out this Thursday. Can't wait!

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This game doesn't really need much discussion/Following isn't as big. Should keep it to the PS3/Xbox thread?

I love this game though, Freeroam is awesome! Love just sending it big off kickers and then try to find a lander in the middle of no-where. I like the racing too but it glitches alot and absolutely shits me.

brad353

Likes Dirt
I don't know man, I'd say it's a lot bigger than you realise. Particularly with online races rather than freeride. I would've thought mountain bikers would be into this game to. We'll see I guess.

If it's glitching out on you perhaps you have slow internet speed, or someone you're playing with does.

brad353

Likes Dirt
it'll be interesting to see the new playground they've come up with for whilst your game is loading. apparently they've completely overhauled the way you bang bars with opponents- rather than just stacking it the split second you come into contact with another rider you'll literally be banging bars together now

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't know man, I'd say it's a lot bigger than you realise. Particularly with online races rather than freeride. I would've thought mountain bikers would be into this game to. We'll see I guess.

If it's glitching out on you perhaps you have slow internet speed, or someone you're playing with does.
It's not internet (I'm at 27Mbs).
Glitching as in the gameplay isn't smooth when in supercross. When one wheel goes in a rut and the other doesn't, or when you anywhere near another rider you fall off or it "Glitches" You have to nail every jump perfect without any opponents near otherwise to me it feels poo.

Still extremely fun though just frustrating on occasion.

it'll be interesting to see the new playground they've come up with for whilst your game is loading. apparently they've completely overhauled the way you bang bars with opponents- rather than just stacking it the split second you come into contact with another rider you'll literally be banging bars together now
This sounds really good!

I may still get it, but not for a few months.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Favourite game :)

The missus works at a certain games retailer so I've got mine sorted:p

My body (and my wits) doesnt allow me to do anything fast like that in real life, making the game all the more awesome!

sam705

Likes Dirt
I've got all versions, love them!
Freeride with your mates is the best fun. Massive fan of Unleashed due to its simplicity.

I've been saving a JB giftcard since my birthday in feb for this game, cant wait!

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is it true you have to pre-order the game in order to get James Stewart's Compound (Backyard) for free? I have read if you purchase the game at the launch you get it for free? That is rather misleading because does it mean pre-order, or purchase when released?

Cheers

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love reflex. The fact youve got the dual controls just makes it so much more awesome also being able to scrub rocks.

Thinking about getting alive. not 100% yet

brad353

Likes Dirt
It's not internet (I'm at 27Mbs).
Glitching as in the gameplay isn't smooth when in supercross. When one wheel goes in a rut and the other doesn't, or when you anywhere near another rider you fall off or it "Glitches" You have to nail every jump perfect without any opponents near otherwise to me it feels poo.
sorry man, not tryin to stir but i just disagree. sure when you come into contact with other riders it can suck, (not for much longer supposedly with the new crash system) but when playing online with good players everyone sticks to their racing lines and it's not so much of a problem. if you mess up a rythm section and lose your speed and get taken out by someone steamtraining through that section well, you shouldn't have messed up that rythm section. then you have to do things like double instead of triple to build up your momentum again, rather than just holding it flat and landing into the back of every lander. it's called realistic! sickest race game ever i think, can't wait for alive.

who here plays on xbox live?

keldave1

Likes Dirt
Picked up my copy today at EB games at smoko:cool::cool:

Been a fan from the very first ATV game they made. Not to mention Motocross Madness on PC!!

To bad I won't be home till 5:00pm Mite have to kick my son off the box when Iget home.

Gamer tag DWNHLLR if anyone want's some fun. I don't take games seriously I just have fun and unwind from the days at work.

taitt

Likes Dirt
Can someone give a quick review of the amount of DLC when they get into it?

I am keen on the game, however don't want to buy it if I only have access to like 5 bikes and have to buy the rest at $3 a pop.

keldave1

Likes Dirt
The only DLC I am aware of at this stage it the Stewart compound, which looks sick. You get a free code with every new copy of MX vs ATV.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Absolutely love Untamed, mainly because it's simple controls and gameplay - which reminds me of ye olde' MX2002 ft Ricky C on PS2. I much prefer straight out arcade style/simple style controls when it comes to car/motorbike games, hence why I also love Burnout Revenge on 360 - :D :D !!

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sorry man, not tryin to stir but i just disagree. sure when you come into contact with other riders it can suck, (not for much longer supposedly with the new crash system) but when playing online with good players everyone sticks to their racing lines and it's not so much of a problem. if you mess up a rythm section and lose your speed and get taken out by someone steamtraining through that section well, you shouldn't have messed up that rythm section. then you have to do things like double instead of triple to build up your momentum again, rather than just holding it flat and landing into the back of every lander. it's called realistic! sickest race game ever i think, can't wait for alive.

who here plays on xbox live?
Yeh well with the new bar to bar system that should eliminate the stupid crashing with other riders. The other problem was ruts but it's all part of the game I suppose. Riding is not an issue, just the environment/riders that have unexpected jerks.

Just bought the game anyway lol. I love the rest of the games and I stupidly sold my reflex copy. $50 eBay.

keldave1

Likes Dirt
Played the game for about 20 mins so far. 1st thing I learned was that I can't find the sx tracks anywhere!!!!!! I play these games mostly for the sx!

2nd thing. Go to options and turn off jumping assist and turning assist.:)

You have to start on a 125cc 2stroker and work your way to the 450's. The 2 strokes sound much better now.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah, the old MX. I must have spent 100 hours playing unleashed on PS2. Absolutely loved that game. Landing 180's was pretty sweet, and I worked out using the analogue stick you can rotate 360's as well. Impossible to land though, as the jump or drop required had to be huge (jumping from the top of a hill climb into the pit)
I think I might just play it now.

keldave1

Likes Dirt
If you play untamed. Try the first freeride area with the feris wheel, go to the freestyle area and you will see a massive wallride made from corrugated iron.

Head up to the top and huck it from the top to the bottom. You can do 360 drops and flips as well;)