Metal Working! Fitting, Machining, Welding, Sheet and General Metal Fab

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
This is such a simple but effective addition to a drill-press, not too hard to make if you have all the gear that makes a drill-press almost unnecessary too... :p

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
TLDW...just use a F clamp on the vice if your arms are made of jello.
Cool story Hambo.

With all the webbing and uneven casting thickness underneath clamping onto drill press tables can be a PITA, and is rarely that secure. This adds a heap of safety in a package that only takes seconds to use.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great looking work there fjohn. That cup looks tough and built to last forever.
Here are a few parts i have dreamed up and made for my bikes:

Lockout lever for Marzocchi 350NCR. Slots into the remote lockout ring.

Custom backlate and modified guard for my MRP chainguide. Optimised for 30t and 100g lighter

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Custom chainguide for the Katipo DH.
Kavenz 14t idler, Ebay 12 lower pulley, 4mm alu plate and a chopping board

Almost zero chain growth with the lower roller up so high...

And finally the bleed fittings and IFP inflator tool i devised/made to bleed and inflate my Marzocchi 053 shock (will do a write-up eventually)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Anyone heard of WPC surface treatment?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Haven't heard of this specifically but I am a fan of micropeening. Previous life we had a plant which had magnetite growth issues and scc susceptibility. Micropeening cured both. Micropeening is fine, lesbians don't even have one.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Haven't heard of this specifically but I am a fan of micropeening. Previous life we had a plant which had magnetite growth issues and scc susceptibility. Micropeening cured both. Micropeening is fine, lesbians don't even have one.
Does anyone do it in Australia? This and Cryo treatment seem to be all the rage in the US for engine internals but I couldn't find anything in Australia that matched the description of WPC/micropeening with ceramic and secret herbs and lubricants.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Does anyone do it in Australia? This and Cryo treatment seem to be all the rage in the US for engine internals but I couldn't find anything in Australia that matched the description of WPC/micropeening with ceramic and secret herbs and lubricants.

Shiranai. Ours was ex works in Japan. Very nice technical paper about it. Plenty of glass bead etc media blasters but sounds like this uses secret squirrel shit.