Metal, Hardcore, Punk and everything inbetween

NCR600

Likes Dirt
This thread really sucks. INRIIIIIIIIIIIIII!
With the exception of

http://www.fallofefrafa.com/news/news.html

FALL OF EFRAFA (2005 - 2009) was a band based around a re-imagining of the mythological and political overtones in the book "Watership Down" by Richard Adams, focusing our efforts in forwarding atheist/animal rights ideologies. We wrote very long epic, heavy, melancholic music, taking influence from post rock, post metal, ambient black metal, hardcore, punk etc.'
Yes it does.

These three albums are getting into my shortlist for discovery of the year. I've already found vinyl copies of 2 and I'm looking for the other to complete the set.

Has anyone else even bothered to download them, or the one I posted? Fall of Efrafa are just plain awesome, and RRW will out brutal any of the "BroOtal" bands the kiddies are talking about here.

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Speaking of Heroin, I went and saw Leftover Crack recently and they were actually good, despite my expectations.
+1 my mates band opened for them on the gold coast it was a loose night, a friend of a friend gave the band a whole bunch of blow then tried to fight them when they didnt cough up cash it was a little hectic.

Joy

Likes Dirt
With the exception of

Yes it does.

These three albums are getting into my shortlist for discovery of the year. I've already found vinyl copies of 2 and I'm looking for the other to complete the set.

Has anyone else even bothered to download them, or the one I posted? Fall of Efrafa are just plain awesome, and RRW will out brutal any of the "BroOtal" bands the kiddies are talking about here.
Come on NCR, I know deep down there's a little Manowar love in your heart. The bands I like are from a different side to metal. Hooray for Euro Power Metal.

Angra
Blind Guardian
Edguy
Gamma Ray
Helloween
Nightwish
Rhapsody
Sonata Arctica
Stratovarius

Also enjoy metal classics Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Megadeth etc.

+1 my mates band opened for them on the gold coast it was a loose night, a friend of a friend gave the band a whole bunch of blow then tried to fight them when they didnt cough up cash it was a little hectic.
Hahaha. Two of my mates played with Leftover Crack for their Aus and NZ tour, it was probably them

Last edited:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Anyone heard some stuff from the band and the lead singer is the drummer from IKTPQ (I Killed The Prom Queen)?
It's a cross between hardcore and rap, I suppose kinda like Linkin Park but much harder. Forget the name of the band ATM. Anyone know of them?

INRI

Likes Dirt
Lamb Of God, Devildriver and Shadows Fall just started there tour has anyone seen them yet, how was it. I was so bumed that i missed out.
Quoting first post purely to let NCR and RCOH know that High on Fire supported, and that the sunday show was so far off selling out that pretty much anybody that has ever put any bands on in sydney had tickets under 20 bucks available. Misztal strikehard was dishing them out for free. Bummed I didn't go.
..... etc.
Allegedly, an overlap of 'emo' and 'hardcore' that predates what is known today as emo.
I'll agree with the last sentence, but that paragraph has been simplified to the point where it reads like BSNYC's form fixie article. Whatever, I'm probably being a bit too critical. You might want to check out Mackayes in between band, Embrace. Dudes seem to love it but I never could.

The australian emo and screamo revival(s) seems to have tapered off a bit, but if you missed out the bands you should check out are To The North, Luca Brasi, Majorca, Eucalypt. Off Minor (US) and La Quiete (italy) both toured in the last year and are well worth checking out.
But seriously, admiting a liking of brokencyde pretty much means everything you say about hardcore or punk is automatically void.
If you take brokeNCYDE outside of any punk/hardcore context it becomes kinda funny hey. It;s just some 20 year old dudes telling 14 year old girls to get drunk and fuck heaps of dudes. Basically just playing the shock rock card but 30 years later. It was always gonna work for them.
Space Bong are really, really good, despite the stupid name.

That Slaughterfest line up is awesome, but the Sando is a shit venue for a festival/all dayer.
My oath! Slaughterfest Canberra was stacks of fun, despite the nazi fuckheads and a few other assorted douchebags. Spacebong does rule, but I reckon they could drop the vocalist that does the highs and be just as good. Two vocalists is nearly always a recipe for disaster. The Kill is one of the best bands I've seen in a long time. Looked forward to seeing them for five years and they didn't disappoint.

And I guess I should add a list of stuff I've scored recently:
Destruction - Sentence of Death picturedisc
Slayer - Reign in blood LP (OG)
Coffins/Skullhog split 7"
Blasphemophagher - Nuclear Empire of Apocalypse LP
Von - Satanic BLood Angel 2xLP reissue
Torche - Meanderthal LP (got doubles now. Robotic Empire (I think it was them) outs out their stuff on way too many colours)

Ek155

Likes Dirt
Anyone heard some stuff from the band and the lead singer is the drummer from IKTPQ (I Killed The Prom Queen)?
It's a cross between hardcore and rap, I suppose kinda like Linkin Park but much harder. Forget the name of the band ATM. Anyone know of them?
ahahaha. Deez nuts is a far cry from linkin park.

Yes Confessions new album is ridiculously good. Can't listen to it without listening the whole way through, even if i dont have the time i still do it.
It just works.

So pissed that their Sydney show was the weekend before my HSC maths exam :mad:

Ghost inside (check them out!) last night at the factory in Sydney were fucking unreal, but the rest of the line-up was shit. If anyone has seen the bullshit that Grips and tonic play at any Deez nuts show they will agree with me that it is worth getting their late so you miss out on that shit.
Deez nuts aswell is starting to loose their aura. I was just disappointed in the energy in their live show, and how it was so timid compared to what they were 2/3 years ago.

INRI

Likes Dirt
Deez Nuts stage show was always uninspired. Relies entirely on kids singing along. As for Grips and Tonic, pretty much the worst hip hop to come out in ages.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
ahahaha. Deez nuts is a far cry from linkin park.

Yes Confessions new album is ridiculously good. Can't listen to it without listening the whole way through, even if i dont have the time i still do it.
It just works.

So pissed that their Sydney show was the weekend before my HSC maths exam :mad:
Yeah, but like, they both have lead vocalists that rap, and they are kind of similiar, in my opinion anyway...

Confessions will be playing Parkway when I go! :D

Rutter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lets talk about power violence/youth crew/crust and how good RATM cover is of in my eyes-minor threat is.

seeing rise and fall in a minute should be OK

Last edited: