Metal, Hardcore, Punk and everything inbetween

\m/ Moshboy \m/

Likes Dirt
If your expected customer base are cranky and introverted, it's a winning model.
My favourite second hand bookshop as a teen was run by a very cranky guy who hated customers. It was a lot like Black Books actually.
On top of the "qualities" listed, mebe chuck illiterate into the equation, as I see "old" was already noted. What does that get me? I'm kinda hoping it's a case of opposites attract.

I'm just someone who lifts heavy fings & dat, so not much of a reader, but would get the occasional reading material from Polyester Books.

\m/ Moshboy \m/

Likes Dirt
What was the one in the bunker under the trainline?

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
The "bunker" you speak of would be the Banana Alley Vaults near Flinders Street station. The same bunker/vault were I believe the original homes of Metal for Melbourne & some years later Metal Mayhem.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Central Station Records!?!? I believe this may have spawned MfM.
No I worked out it was Pipe imported. And got it mixed around. Greta was MfM which used to be under the steps at fed square then moved to the the catacombs or whatever they were called further down flinders.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Was along time ago. I remember catching the train with my older brother and his mates and hitting all the record stores in the early 90's. Metal for Melbourne was always the first stop. My brothers friend was mad into death metal. He had so many records. I went to a few crazy concerts back in the day and survived.

slowmick

38-39"
Streaming Triple M Hard and Heavy has got me through the last 18 months of work but it is getting repetitive now..

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Chucking on the random or artist radio on Spotify has been giving me the shits of late as it seems to purely play stuff I've already heard. However this week it's dug in and thrown up a few very welcome surprises:

Shadow Domain. I was a huge fan of Swiss industrial metal something genre band Sybreed, who promptly disbanded in 2013 after the lead singer quit for personal reasons. Now he's back with this and it's f***ing excellent. Dude has a really unique voice and this debut album seems really polished, melodic, catchy and yet still capable of frequent involuntary headbanging. If you like Soilwork etc. give it a go.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Really digging this new Sylosis song, been on repeat (almost) for the last week or so. New album out in a few weeks apparently. Can't wait.

Yep I've been cranking this one too. Also can't wait for new album.

Some good stuff out atm. New Periphery album is heavy af. New Invent Animate album pretty solid too.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I was channeling olden days @fjohn860 and listening to Frankenbok's Blood Oath album on the way to work today.

Certainly an energising way to start the day.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Posted this in the "What are you listening to right now?" thread a week ago and I must say this is all I've listened to since. Fucking can't get enough of it. Now they just need to tour Aus.