Metal, Hardcore, Punk and everything inbetween

kozlik9

Likes Dirt
Well i going to put this up a while ago but i CBF but here we are now ay.
i dont want this to be just "Prkwy Driv is lik teh gr8st".
Discuss new albums, new bands, old bands, bands that should get back together, how shit the last concert you went to was and how you lost a tooth in the mosh pit, the best concert you went to and how you punched some guys tooth out.

Ill get it started.
Parkway Drive has a new album coming out next year dose anyone know any more info than this.

Lamb Of God, Devildriver and Shadows Fall just started there tour has anyone seen them yet, how was it. I was so bumed that i missed out.

I dont listen to much Punk, i like Dropkick Murphys. Dose anyone have any other bands they would suggest to check out.

Todd (i hope this takes off)

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Definately check out The Gaslight Anthems 'Sink Or Swim' album. And Flogging Molly if you haven't already heard of them.

Apart from that im not much help here...

Ek155

Likes Dirt
Sick. good thread (Y)
Going to see the ghost inside tomorrow night at the factory in Sydney. Sooo pumped.
Apart from that Amity are releasing a new album next year sometime, and does anyone know the process on Shinto Katana releasing its new album? It was supposed to be out by now according to them last year.

davo808

Likes Bikes and Dirt
arch enemy pyed in adelaide a few weeks back and they shat all over parkway. slipknot whist the music is not the best they're still no1 as far as entertainment goes.
I love metal! <3

Syndicated

Likes Dirt
Parkway Drive has a new album coming out next year dose anyone know any more info than this.
Not really much information out about it yet but they have played a new song called "Unrest" which will probably be featured in the new album. Here is a performance of Parkway Drive playing this song if you haven't already heard it. Has a pretty sick breakdown :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4B2zh7MFOE&feature=related

A list of my own personal favourite bands include:

All That Remains
All Shall Perish
As Blood Runs Black
As I Lay Dying
August Burns Red
Bring Me The Horizon
Caliban
Carnifex
Children of Bodom
Dark Tranquillity
DevilDriver
Disturbed
DragonForce
Hatebreed
Heaven Shall Burn
I Killed The Prom Queen
Killswitch Engage
Knights of the Abyss
Metallica
Rose Funeral
Parkway Drive
Samsara
Scar Symmetry
Stick to your Guns
Suicide Silence
The Devil Wears Prada
The Ghost Inside
Winds of Plague

Last edited:

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not really much information out about it yet but they have played a new song called "Unrest" which will probably be featured in the new album. Here is a performance of Parkway Drive playing this song if you haven't already heard it. Has a pretty sick breakdown :D
When I saw them live last week, that song sounded much better than they're other stuff. Don't get me wrong I like parkway, but they're pretty much nothing short of typical metalcore. It just sounded like it was alot more thought out. And all of their songs are the same.

*verse*

*breakdown*

*verse*

*silence*

*yell a lyric*

*breakdown

*more breakdown*

Anyway I love metalcore and many of its lovely variants! :D Deathcore would be my fav. I will add that I hate lyrics about hacking up sluts and ripping people apart though. Mindless shit. Annoys me. Shame cause <3 This is Exile (whitechapel) but can't listen to the first CD cause the lyrics are so shit!

On that note if you want a laugh read some lyrics by Artery Eruption , biggest fucking laugh ever.

I'm stoked on the word of Whitechapel starting to record their new CD in january! and eagerly awaiting The Ghost Inside and The Red Shores next installments :)

P.S. Lyrics to Horizons by Parkway, Hester Prynne by ABRB, Early Grave by Architects (Architects <3), alot of Born Of Osiris and Bury Your Dead lyrics are amongst some fav lyrics by bands ! Oh and Sharks in your Mouth and Sleepless Nights and City Lights by IKTPQ :p

Last edited:

dj ben

Likes Dirt
i was thinking of starting up a thread like this today! great idea

I just went to a gig on the weekend. it was awesome fun. my mate got kicked in the face in the slamming pit and he nearly lost his tooth :S.

Parkway Drive is coming to WA this weekend and im going to see them! so excited. Is anyone else from WA going to see them?
Also, one of my favourite bands from WA is "We Are The Emergency". check out their myspace and their music is on iTunes too.
And does anyone else know "House vs. Hurricane"? they are another awesome band that i saw live a few months ago, i think their from melbourne. Go on their myspace and listen to forfeiture. and listen to their other songs too.

Last edited:

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As much as i like metalcore, to me, parkway doesnt bring anything new to the genre or to music. Now there a decent metalcore band but there not the messiah of said genre, metal core, metal, punk, hardcore are becoming quite samey, there are standouts, but most new stuff is yawn material, dig a bit deepr and farther back in time to find some truly good examples of the genres i mentioned.

RCOH

Eats Squid
oh my god
I'm confused
I wanna go punk
but there's way too many rules
pardon me
Mr. Punker
I'm looking for some insight
on the core that's right for me
tell me please
I'm down on my knees
I like my beer
I like my steer
I don't want any holes in my face
I'm no queer
I bought some docs
Black Flag rocks
mosh and crowd surf
I wanna be unusual, I wanna be punk rock
I wanna be unusual, I wanna be punk rock
should I be emo
and just cry?
maybe I'll go ska core
and skank until I die
how bout hardcore? really hardcore
I fuckin hate that metal shit
sober vegans you all suck!
so what's your core?
stupid whore
you must be a riot girl
you're not very funny
nice tatoo
use some shampoo
rice cakes, soy milk
go Sid Vicious
ska core
snow core
hard core
homo core
alba core
I can't take it anymore
my core
your core
this core
that core
one core
I can't take it!!

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anybody here listen or heard of brokenCYDE?

There more emocore, but it's techno-screamo so it's interesting.

Give it a go ;)

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anybody here listen or heard of brokenCYDE?

There more emocore, but it's techno-screamo so it's interesting.

Give it a go ;)
WTF is emocore?

I love harcore, but it dosen't need every kid making up a new sub-genre every 30 seconds.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Hey RCOH, what song is that? If it's even a song and not something you made up.

If you did make it up, thats fucking awesome.

Disco

Likes Dirt
hahaha, emocore has been around since the dawn of emo... it was a way of emo kids feeling tougher about what they listened to. :rolleyes:

simmooo!

Likes Dirt
Get out. GTFO. Omg.
Hahahah wtf is emocore?:confused:

Been listening to alot of Carpathian and 50 Lions lately.

Also about the 2010 parkway album, I heard it's coming out around october. Watched the parkway drives DVD a few days ago and I loved it, really really good dvd.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Get out. GTFO. Omg.
Ultimate hatred for them? There either a love or hate band, but each to there own.

Emocore is the older harder version of emo. Emocore was what emo was called in the mid '80s when it was first started. Rites Of Spring was the first emocore band, but not many people knew about them. One of the members of Rites Of Spring joined Fugazi when it first started. Ian Mackaye, who was also the inventor of Straight Edge, wanted to copy ROS's style, but make it more like hardcore so that more people agreed with it. After them came Jawbreaker, who widened emocore's by going more into modern and indie rock. Sunny Day Real Estate, who came out at around the same time as Jawbreaker, did the same.

Allegedly, an overlap of 'emo' and 'hardcore' that predates what is known today as emo.

Considering it's constituents, presumably this means cutting oneself with a chainsaw instead of a razor.
An emo kid's self mutilation weapons of choice are razors, broken glass, and broken My Chemical Romance CD's.

When one is emocore, these are exchanged for chainsaws, running circular saws, and metalworking equipment. ;)

Emocore bands include: Alexisonfire, Underoath, Saosin, A Static Lullaby, The Bled, Dead Poetic, From Autumn To Ashes, Engine Down, Thursday, Finch, Dismissed, Matchbook Romance, Earth Crisis, Snapcase and Boysetsfire etc.