Little Things You Love

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think left and right are starting to be meaningless.
Maybe progressive and reactive/conservative are useful. .
I note the positive slant on your choice for the lefts and your negative slant on your choice for the rights.

How about modern vs traditional. Reckless vs staid. Populist vs populist. Corrupt vs corrupt. Inclusive vs protective. Self serving vs self serving. Cat vs dog. Weird vs boring. Mum vs dad.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
There's no pulling the wool over your eyes. :first:
Yeah, I guess I'm basically making the point that you are an ideological type rather than a logical type.

And I mean that objectively, not intending to denigrate or have a crack at you, just an observation based on the position you've argued for.

stirk

Burner
Thanks guys. Not back on the bike yet, just one of the fun things they don't tell you about chemo is that it shrivels your veins, depriving the muscles of blood supply. Add months of being bedridden and I've got serious shortened muscle issues. I've been building my strength with getting back out into my (extensive) food forest garden and walking with my grandson in the pram. Hubs is over racing the ACT bmx titles at the moment, when he gets back we're going to build me up a bike with some mods to make life easy. I'm looking forward to having the freedom of riding again.
This is the only love in the thread for a while! Good to see you are hanging in there after a tough run.

Keep on pedalling :thumb:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
LTIL - rental cars with a 6.2 litre LS3 under the bonnet. Made very good time indeed on some of the back roads :whistle:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
LTIL - rental cars with a 6.2 litre LS3 under the bonnet. Made very good time indeed on some of the back roads :whistle:
Renault have bought Opel, who knows they might get access to the parts bin and sell an LS3 powered Renault van thing. Or not

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Renault have bought Opel, who knows they might get access to the parts bin and sell an LS3 powered Renault van thing. Or not
No, PSA (Peugeot/Citroen) bought Opel - and not access to GM parts... I wonder if they will be taking Holden badges off the Insignia/Commodores and putting Peugeot badges on...? It looks more like a Holden badge than the Chev one did :whistle:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
No, PSA (Peugeot/Citroen) bought Opel - and not access to GM parts... I wonder if they will be taking Holden badges off the Insignia/Commodores and putting Peugeot badges on...? It looks more like a Holden badge than the Chev one did :whistle:
Same thing isnt it? Not into Frog stuff

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Deso driver st pats, highway patrol RBT came up over .05. Scary, not feeling good, but also pretty confused, said he'd come back for another in 5 minutes. Second time blew waaaay under, think it was 0.002 or something. No idea why it showed up so high the first time. That feeling when it was all ok, uhhhhh. I counted 3 beers from 7.30 till 2am when we left, couldn't understand how I could possibly be over.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Deso driver st pats, highway patrol RBT came up over .05. Scary, not feeling good, but also pretty confused, said he'd come back for another in 5 minutes. Second time blew waaaay under, think it was 0.002 or something. No idea why it showed up so high the first time. That feeling when it was all ok, uhhhhh. I counted 3 beers from 7.30 till 2am when we left, couldn't understand how I could possibly be over.
Calculating standard drinks is tricky given the different alcohol content across a range...

http://www.alcohol.gov.au/internet/alcohol/publishing.nsf/Content/drinksguide-cnt

Towards the end of last year I was showing a young fellow the ropes behind the bar I was working in. One night I moved a fair number of fancy spirits, and he asks..."what's so good about that stuff?" so I sling him a 10-15ml taste. Oh fuck me! I remembered a few moments later that he was on his P plates and had just got his licence back for speeding.

Luckily it was quite a few hours before we finished work. He made it about 20m from work before being pulled over for an rbt! I came past on my pushy as the cops were all over him and thought fuck!!!! He blew zero, so they were trying to defect his car. Plenty of pants pooping going on.