Little Things You Love

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I loaned money from the home account while wifey was sleeping after night duty. She noticed the transaction before I even had a chance to get on the front foot….
Hmm. Wife has forgotten the log in details to our account. Although looking to refinance later in the year possibly. What are these withdrawals for? Um well you see, I needed this carbon frame for umm…

moorey

call me Mia
Gave the repaired top tube of the Rail a fine cut and polish to smooth out the blended paint. Not perfect, you can see ripples under the right light, but it will be covered soon anyway.
Pictured in the worst light I could. Really can’t see it in normal condition. Happy with the result.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Amateur professional.
Local acquaintance who used to do carbon repairs on masts for racing boats, and has repaired dozens of local carbon bikes.
Rating (out of 10) for Price/ finish/ time/ shout-out noting this question on repairs is becoming more common here?

moorey

call me Mia
10 for price. He asked $80 I gave him more.

9 for finish. He doesn’t offer a professional painting service, but did a protective coat for me.

10 for time. He works away from home five days a week, so just did this when he had time in the evenings. I told him there was no rush whatsoever, was back to me in 10 days.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
10 for price. He asked $80 I gave him more.

9 for finish. He doesn’t offer a professional painting service, but did a protective coat for me.

10 for time. He works away from home five days a week, so just did this when he had time in the evenings. I told him there was no rush whatsoever, was back to me in 10 days.
Sounds as though you got a bargain.
Mine was 10x the price for a TT crack and about a month without a frame (given I was so broken after the crash it didn't matter anyway).

moorey

call me Mia
Sounds as though you got a bargain.
Mine was 10x the price for a TT crack and about a month without a frame (given I was so broken after the crash it didn't matter anyway).
Yours would have been sonic tested, painted and guaranteed. If it was going to be ridden by Felix, I would have probably gone along that path.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Yours would have been sonic tested, painted and guaranteed. If it was going to be ridden by Felix, I would have probably gone along that path.
No testing, but there was painting which added to the cost.
I think "major" carbon repairs are still in the $800+ range if you go to an advertised repairer.
Good work on finding someone local though!