Little Things You Hate

scblack

Leucocholic
You know what...it actually shouldn't. It should mean that our roads should be safer for all legitimate road users. But, of course, it fucking won't.
Politely disagree. Places like the Nullarbor which are thousands of KM's long will not really be able to provide extra safety for cyclists. I'd go as far as to say its an inappropriate place for cyclists.

Australia's massive distances and very light traffic mean most of our roads are basically impossible to reach the safety levels of a Copenhagen/european network. Not ideal, but that's an economic (and logistic) reality.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
^ BS. Used to drive/ ride (moto) across the nullabor all the time when i worked in Mines.
The amount of crazy contraptions i saw - hospital beds , sack trucks, wheel barrows, minibikes, skateboards, hitch hikers and a dude walking along, looking up and trying to fly a kite all the way across! So many bikes from Kmart junkers to Ti tandems. Reckon if you had to do it for work you'd be on top of looking out for vunerable road users.
Sickening bit in spot tracker chat from another competitor saying he was abused by a truckie hours before who threatened to scare all the bikes he saw. Hope that person wrote down the rego.
Onus should be on the vehicle 100%, as per Holland. Fuckin profit takers don't want truckies to slow down as it will hurt bottom line is root cause.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've got a fair bit of experience in driving small trucks in outback Australia and anywhere where you have road trains is a very dangerous place for a cyclist to be.

Those rod flags and bright vests are a must, anything else seems to blend into the distance and you can come upon a cyclist in seconds if your view is blocked with scrub or hills. In the distance everything looks like a kanga, cow, horse or donkey, and yes there are wild donkeys and camels roaming the outback from the old mining era. If you have a fully loaded truck in many cases you can't veer off the narrow country road or one side of the truck will sink into the soft dirt and you will have the possibility of rolling it.

Any quick movement on the steering wheel of a road train could be a massive whip on the last trailers and hopefully not where the cyclist is. Truck drivers usually warn each other of cyclists even if they're passed 100kms away, so if you get the call you're looking out for them, you expect them to be somewhere on the road. You can't slow down a loaded truck as you could a car.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
I've driven trucks up to HC ( your basic semi-trailer or truck and dog around 40 tons) And they can stop plenty good when they have to.
My missus has just heard Driver charged in Perth. Good.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Had my car window smashed and both my phone and wallet stolen from the glove box while going for a quick swim with the dog and toddler. Also grabbed my hip pack for riding from the back seat, probably thought there was valuables in there for them. They would have gotten a 3 yr old phone that was $300 new and $15 cash, the rest is probably lost in a bush or gutter. They probably only got $60 for their trouble. Replacing the window, cards, phone, hip bag and on bike tools is probably ~$1,600 + the massive inconvenience and time on hold trying to replace shit. I used to and am trying to return my thinking to "if their life is that bad they want my shitty stuff to keep going then go for it (as long as it's not my bike)" but since then I have been full of rage and fantasising about cracking their skulls. I mentally need to get to the long weekend so I can just ride and enjoy being human instead of being completely swamped at work + more shit added to get my licence , bank cards etc.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That sucks arse. Having gone through phone replacement (my own fault) over Christmas...hopefully you don't have 2 step verification set up on too many accounts with the lost mobile as the 2nd step!

LPG

likes thicc birds
That sucks arse. Having gone through phone replacement (my own fault) over Christmas...hopefully you don't have 2 step verification set up on too many accounts with the lost mobile as the 2nd step!
Sure did! Phone and Sim are replaced now so I'm getting things sorted slowly but it is painful. Had a nervous while on hold to cancel bank/credit card which couldnt be done online without the 2 step verification. I was watching the bank account while on hold for 1 hr hoping they didn't start tapping it for purchases, they didn't fortunately.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sure did! Phone and Sim are replaced now so I'm getting things sorted slowly but it is painful. Had a nervous while on hold to cancel bank/credit card which couldnt be done online without the 2 step verification. I was watching the bank account while on hold for 1 hr hoping they didn't start tapping it for purchases, they didn't fortunately.

Must have been absolute rookies!

Lucky you got the swapped over so fast. I had to have a special one sent to me in the mail which took forever.

I attended my banks only open branch on a Saturday morning to cancel the card...bank was full, I was still a bit drunk, much laughing at my expense from staff and old people. The teller checked my account for suspicious activity and was "looks like you had a pretty good time before you lost the card..."

In the end one of my neighbours had my phone. It fell out of my pocket very close to home. Of course I didn't get it back until after the panic and the spending of money.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I don't see the problem with PayID if you get them to make the payment while they're standing next to you.

You see the payment immediately, they can then fuck off with the goods.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I don't see the problem with PayID if you get them to make the payment while they're standing next to you.

You see the payment immediately, they can then fuck off with the goods.
If they're standing next to me I'd expect them to have picked up some cash to pay with on the way over. No chance of shenanigans then (ignoring the slight potential for violent crime I guess...).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well the list is wver growing...

I've eaten something (pretty sure I know what) that my body doesn't like. I've got a small number of hives on my legs that are itchy as fuck. I had a similar incident last year after eating a house made pie at work in which a commercial gravy powder had been used, only it was much worse than this. A few nights ago I had a meal with a gravy on (a huge pork cutlet in a peppercorn sauce) it that I thought nothing of at the time, but a few days later when I was all "what the fuck are these lumps?" I realised I had been stung again. This isn't something I normally suffer from, so fuck me it is unexpected and unwanted.

Rostering has been all over the shop since returning to work. 6am, 3pm, 7pm, 10am...no consistent times (normally over got a pretty solid routine) yet, so sleep pattern is all over the place and I'm not really able to organise things and stuff.

Fuck I hate humidity and heat. This is a gross day.

I'm going for a ride. That I don't hate. But...aren't we on the cusp of school holidays? Going to be a crowded afternoon of kids, gross.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
At least here you're safe for another couple of weeks, although the long weekend may have the same effect.
Relief! Sort of. I just assumed there was holidays tied to Easter. Just the long weekend...will still be crowded, but less so today than feared.

Time to rip some skids!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Relief! Sort of. I just assumed there was holidays tied to Easter. Just the long weekend...will still be crowded, but less so today than feared.

Time to rip some skids!

Fuck yes! The kids club thing that crowds the place out most afternoons must have been cancelled for the long weekend. An Easter miracle!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I've eaten something (pretty sure I know what) that my body doesn't like. I've got a small number of hives on my legs that are itchy as fuck. I had a similar incident last year after eating a house made pie at work in which a commercial gravy powder had been used, only it was much worse than this. A few nights ago I had a meal with a gravy on (a huge pork cutlet in a peppercorn sauce) it that I thought nothing of at the time, but a few days later when I was all "what the fuck are these lumps?" I realised I had been stung again. This isn't something I normally suffer from, so fuck me it is unexpected and unwanted.
I fucking hate hives. When I get hives they cover my entire body. Sometimes I get angioedema too, that shit hurts. My trigger is weakened immune system, so if I catch a cold I can expect 5-9 days of itchy hell on top of it. The only thing that kind of helps is taking 4 antihistamines a day and wait it out.