Little Things You Hate

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can I be rude and ask where you live in Hobart @Haakon .
not specifically .
be general as I live in Central Vic - ish and like it .
To a point .

But I do like Hobart ,have a friend lives in Sandy Bay and Hobart is liveable . My concern is I feel it’s a ‘ one way trip ’
Have been and stayed for longer periods of time , and understand there are pockets of weirdness , just like in Central Vic .

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
not specifically .
To a point .

But I do like Hobart ,have a friend lives in Sandy Bay and Hobart is liveable . My concern is I feel it’s a ‘ one way trip ’
Have been and stayed for longer periods of time , and understand there are pockets of weirdness , just like in Central Vic .
You just want to make sure you don't buy next door. We can see through your post!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
not specifically .
To a point .

I'm in Lenah Valley, not far from @birddog69 . Its a just beyond the Flannelette Curtain, but rapidly gentrifying. Its 15min into town on the bike to the CBD.

Sandy Bay is a pretty expensive part of Hobart, all very nice of course but less value.

Where in central Vic are you? I grew in the bush out the back of Guildford :)

Haakon

not specifically .
To a point .

I dont see it as a one way trip - there are plenty of places I still want to explore for extended periods! The one way bit is just in the expense of getting stuff across bass straight...

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in Lenah Valley, not far from @birddog69 . Its a just beyond the Flannelette Curtain, but rapidly gentrifying. Its 15min into town on the bike to the CBD.

Sandy Bay is a pretty expensive part of Hobart, all very nice of course but less value.

Where in central Vic are you? I grew in the bush out the back of Guildford :)
I’ll reply as ‘Macedon Ranges ‘ …. But really it’s Romsey , so within striking distance of Woodend / Daylesford / Castlemaine / Kyneton .
it’s nice - I went to work in Port Melbourne today it’s a 55-60 mins trip …. At 6am hahaha
some may call it a Tradie town , or a commuter town - we are all excited as a Coles is being built .
yes it’s a smaller town

Haakon

I’ll reply as ‘Macedon Ranges ‘ …. But really it’s Romsey , so within striking distance of Woodend / Daylesford / Castlemaine / Kyneton .
it’s nice - I went to work in Port Melbourne today it’s a 55-60 mins trip …. At 6am hahaha
some may call it a Tradie town , or a commuter town - we are all excited as a Coles is being built .
yes it’s a smaller town
Nice little town :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Crowds of Australians...

The day was pretty sweet - barely anyone on snow, plenty of fresh lines out in the trees, one of my favourite ski fields (Iwatake), and my clients all took the day off to do a day trip to Matsumoto castle (an excellent day trip). When it is finally time to head home there is a large crowd at the bus stop. Now the Japanese love a good line and they love a good sign, so there is enough clear and accurate information available for people to work out where to stand and what bus to catch.

So naturally when the buses start arriving the crowd mobs the first bus (which happens to be the only bus going where I need to go) trying to squeeze on. All asking the same question "does this go to the information centre?" The driver speaks pretty good English so is offering a clear and loud answer...1 person at a time "no, you need bus number 3". People could use their ears and hear this. They could have read the signs. They could have formed up into an orderly queue. Nope...that's all too hard.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Crowds of Australians...

The day was pretty sweet - barely anyone on snow, plenty of fresh lines out in the trees, one of my favourite ski fields (Iwatake), and my clients all took the day off to do a day trip to Matsumoto castle (an excellent day trip). When it is finally time to head home there is a large crowd at the bus stop. Now the Japanese love a good line and they love a good sign, so there is enough clear and accurate information available for people to work out where to stand and what bus to catch.

So naturally when the buses start arriving the crowd mobs the first bus (which happens to be the only bus going where I need to go) trying to squeeze on. All asking the same question "does this go to the information centre?" The driver speaks pretty good English so is offering a clear and loud answer...1 person at a time "no, you need bus number 3". People could use their ears and hear this. They could have read the signs. They could have formed up into an orderly queue. Nope...that's all too hard.
if a jumbo jet caught fire at an australian airport... everyone would die arguing about who gets to take their ovrhead luggage first :D

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
if a jumbo jet caught fire at an australian airport... everyone would die arguing about who gets to take their ovrhead luggage first :D
I think so. Those of us smart enough to get a move on would be obstructed by the fat cunts that pay extra for the emergency exit seats.

And let's not forget there'd be a few people trying to snap selfies.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The price of a rear shock … fk me dead - what happened ?
$600 for a shock and that’s the ‘ low end ‘

I’m looking at the DNM from cycling deal I figure I can buy 4- 6 of them … I mean one has to be okay ?
seriously tho this is madness .

even a service kit is $80

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The price of a rear shock … fk me dead - what happened ?
$600 for a shock and that’s the ‘ low end ‘

I’m looking at the DNM from cycling deal I figure I can buy 4- 6 of them … I mean one has to be okay ?
seriously tho this is madness .

even a service kit is $80
Post up a WTB thread and see what the burners have in the bike caves?

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
people that don't understand torque wrenches...... or things....

*rant... say you're trying to put a decent amount of torque on a bolt, going into a box type thing that is a lot shorter than the torque wrench.....
would you try and restrain the small box thing? or just hold that by hand and assume it will be easy?????? :D

1706692233190.png

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Sounds like an "asking for a friend" scenario...... :p

Depends on how delicate/fragile the box thing is, but logic would suggest restraining it in some way to reduce the personal effort of tightening the bolt - you're working twice as hard to torque if holding by hand to resist the torque from the wrench.