Little Things You Hate

Jabubu

let you google that for me
You don't get it, she made a mistake and she knew it. Rather than apologise and correct it like a normal person she came up with bullshit and walked off. Bunnings policy is to give a credit if there is no proof of purchase, I had proof of purchase.
It was the second drill bit from the only brand of large reduced shank bits they sell that was way outside acceptable tolerance.
People often do and they're dicks about it, but you'd already sorted the issue but decided to go one further with additional abuse on the way out.

Sure she fucked up but so did you and knowingly.

cammas

Seamstress
You don't get it, she made a mistake and she knew it. Rather than apologise and correct it like a normal person she came up with bullshit and walked off. Bunnings policy is to give a credit if there is no proof of purchase, I had proof of purchase.
It was the second drill bit from the only brand of large reduced shank bits they sell that was way outside acceptable tolerance.
I think the problem is you don't get it, as you don't see any issue with your behaviour.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yes x 3....
I'll have a shit before for sure.

Grabbed an overtime so at least I get paid.
I had an interview with my current (very large) employer a few years back for a different role in the food and beverage department. Still as a barista but a different barista. They asked me to tell them about a difficult customer service scenario I had been involved in...stupid me decided they needed to be wowed by something beyond the usual cafe customer service so I decided to tell them this...

One of my first jobs out of uni was collecting debts. Not just small debts, big complex ones for (redacted). One day a company owing over $100k drops into my inbox. While doing the prep work for the debt I see a lot of outstanding lodgements. I check up on the directors and see they both have debts and outstanding lodgements. Their contact point is an accountant's office so I get on the phone and reach out.

The accountant tells me that this is going to be a complicated situation because about a week ago the husband killed the wife and attempted to kill himself and is still in an induced coma, the couple were the accounts neighbours and friends as well. And this is about when I realised that I should have told you guys about this time when I worked in a deli. A mother of a small toddler purchased a large amount of groceries and was struggling with the trolley. I assisted her to her car and when we got there she had a flat tyre. I changed the tyre for her in the rainbow while her and the toddler waited inside. After I had loaded her groceries on for her I returned the trolley and gave her the keys so she could drive home.

the panel was 3 blank faces.

Dangals

Likes Dirt
I pinched a nerve somewhere in my lower back/right leg about 5 weeks ago and fuck me is that not the most annoying thing ever.

Constant physio and scans/tests have had little to no impact and just being told that it will take as long as it takes to heal.

Urgh....

Was sitting in 6th for the NSW state enduro with the last two rounds really more my style than earlier ones.... missing both and haven't been able to ride at all is really shitting me.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I pinched a nerve somewhere in my lower back/right leg about 5 weeks ago and fuck me is that not the most annoying thing ever.

Constant physio and scans/tests have had little to no impact and just being told that it will take as long as it takes to heal.

Urgh....

Was sitting in 6th for the NSW state enduro with the last two rounds really more my style than earlier ones.... missing both and haven't been able to ride at all is really shitting me.
It may have been ruled out already but next time you see somebody ask about piriformis syndrome. Diagnosis is generally done by ruling everything else out, it's often overlooked and pretty common in cyclists.

Dangals

Likes Dirt
It may have been ruled out already but next time you see somebody ask about piriformis syndrome. Diagnosis is generally done by ruling everything else out, it's often overlooked and pretty common in cyclists.
Will give it a look and talk to them about it - cheers!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Urgh....

Nerve pain suck arse! It is inescapable. A long ways back I had a herniated disc. The surgeon is visited told me I was in for about 12 weeks of pain and discomfort and he was right. It seemed to clear up of its own accord at pretty much 12 weeks.

Dangals

Likes Dirt
Nerve pain suck arse! It is inescapable. A long ways back I had a herniated disc. The surgeon is visited told me I was in for about 12 weeks of pain and discomfort and he was right. It seemed to clear up of its own accord at pretty much 12 weeks.
o_O

I really hope mine clears up a little quicker than that.... it's been really unpleasant so far.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
o_O

I really hope mine clears up a little quicker than that.... it's been really unpleasant so far.
I wish you well and a swift recovery as it is some crazy bullshit to go through. By the end of it I was well and truely over taking drugs. I wish I had thought to ditch the prescribed and try some alternatives, but it didn't occur to me at the time.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Yes, been relieving in the role for 3 years and really fucking good at it.
Failed the interview for sure.

"what do you do to build a team?"

Cunt.... abuse belittle and demean people... oh, not me, most others
My relief ends in October. I only came on board in February. I will be relieved...

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Poodle, only you could ever recount such stories in this way. Well done for making the panel feel massive uneasy.

I was on such a panel one day. My boss (area manager) the GM and myself. My boss drops the c bomb in front of the GM, myself and the prospective new hire. I had no words, and anticipated the GM going bananas like he has found his favourite power tool in the wet grass overnight after it’s rained, for the 5th time that week. He was amazingly calm and used that as an example when mentoring me years later about not losing it over one of my staff slacking off and blatantly using tinder on work time. “No we cannot throw staff phones at walls, even if it is company property. I wanted to throw a chair that day”

C bomb boss wasn’t with the group much longer after that disastrous interview. The head of legal found him to be a corporate psychopath and gave him 45 seconds to leave the property. The interviews were out of this world in the lead up, the head of legal sits me down “this is a privileged conversation between you, myself and the board”. I had been giving him multiple examples of all 10 criteria work safe deemed attributes of corporate psychopath behaviour when he just asked for my list with a smile.

The shit hit the fan again a month or so later when a customer filed a bullying report with the ACCC about the now gone ex boss after he had already been booted. The accc’s communication was something like “Err we don’t think there is much we can do here but advise you of the matter and let you deal with it internally”. Was my job to take the customer to dinner nightly and give him two weeks of free labour. Had a ball.

LTIH. Spilt GL-5 differential oil. God I hate the smell. Hideous stuff.

Last edited: